Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hopkins to the Titans

(07-24-2023, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-24-2023, 02:48 PM)CTEisREAL Wrote: Not sure why our fan base is so sure the Jags are the best team right now in the south. 
Because we aren't tack fans with a trolling agenda here? 
It took an epic collapse of injuries to TN for us to win the division.  They have a deep D and they get their QB back from injury also. They have nearly the worst red zone passing defense in the league - and we have TL/Ridley/Engram to counter it. We will score on them readily. Book it. 
We were one play away from losing the division to Josh Dobbs. 
Meh. Jags offense had an off-day. 

Our team was better on D and OL last year than it is now.
LOL
The Jags defense isn't worse this year, and they mitigated a subpar OL pretty well last year. Will likely do so again this time too. 

I do think the division will be between us and TN but I do not think we are the favorite now.  I think we have a first place schedule and they do not.  They have very few holes on D and they appear to have gotten their WR problens solved.  Their OL was horrendous last year due to the injuries and they still were in it at the end.  That tells me they are going to be a problem in 2023.
They'll win 8 or 9 games and just miss the wildcard. 

You're back to full tack troll-mode with this post, huh?

Gotta keep that username/post synergy ratio up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nuke out here at 31 years old probably on his last ride. I know he’s missed some time but he hasn’t had a 1,000 yard season since he was 28 years old.

It hurts my Jaguars soul to know Jimmy Smith was at his peak at the age of 31. We just came off that 14-2 season when Jimmy had 116 receptions for 1636 yards. That season he had 91 receptions for 1213 yards and 8 TDs and made the Pro Bowl.

The following season, at age 32, was the year he made the greatest defense of all time look helpless when he went for 291 yards and 3 TDs. That year he had 112 receptions for 1373 yards and another 8 TDs. Made the Pro Bowl.

He played for another 4 seasons after that and average over 1,000 yards receiving over those 4 years. He also averaged close to 6 TDs his last 4 years.

Jimmy Smity from the age of 30 to 32 had 319 receptions for 4,222 yards and 22 TDs. Made 3 Pro Bowls.

-Stat Man

Good breakdown with film examples on Hopkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A898cR3eKG0
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The overhype from titans fans on hopkins is way overboard

They need a good whack

(09-05-2023, 08:50 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: The overhype from titans fans on hopkins is way overboard

They need a good whack

Julio 2.0

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2023, 08:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Good breakdown with film examples on Hopkins.

Dang, that is detailed.  I was wondering who has the time to construct this type of video, only to realize he has 376k subscribers, so he pretty much makes a living doing this.   Definitely provides for a lot of insight of how film is broken down.

(09-05-2023, 02:38 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-05-2023, 08:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Good breakdown with film examples on Hopkins.

Dang, that is detailed.  I was wondering who has the time to construct this type of video, only to realize he has 376k subscribers, so he pretty much makes a living doing this.   Definitely provides for a lot of insight of how film is broken down.

Yeah. Brett's pretty cool. I follow him on X (Twitter) as well. He loves the game, for sure. Below is a breakdown on that play that sparked that play-off comeback win at home against the Chargers. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeLilIHwJas
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."