Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SEC Championship Game

Let's go Dawgs! Roll that [BLEEP] tide right on over into the pit of misery!!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Houston may want that kicker
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Anyone else think that this is kinda close to being a Saban farewell tour?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2023, 06:25 PM by Thewitnessofsolinvictus.)

SIC EM

I dream of Bowers in teal

Alabama is winning the line of scrimmage battle. Getting after Beck. Protecting Milroe.

Beck's had two passes nearly picked already.

They need to get the ground game going and they need to start blitzing Milroe because just rushing three and giving him all day is not cutting it.

They were hoping he would make mistakes in reading coverages today. So far, he's picking them apart.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Time for Bowers to take over

Well. Was a fun ride.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2023, 09:55 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Even tho Texas beat the Tide on the road, i dont think the committee will leave out a conference champion. Georgia out.

And the ACC is a joke as a conference. Maybe they will get better after adding powerhouses Stanford and California, LOL.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-02-2023, 09:51 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Even tho Texas beat the Tide on the road, i dont think the committee will leave out a conference champion. Georgia out.

And the ACC is a joke as a conference.  Maybe they will get better after adding powerhouses Stanford and California, LOL.

Not with Stanford, Cal and SMU joining next year!!!

/sarcasm
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Michigan, Washington, FSU, Alabama

Not sure how the committee would pick Bama over Texas since they lost the head to head battle early in the season.

It has to be Michigan Washington Texas and Alabama without Travis FSU isn't a top 4 team
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 11:33 AM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

The talking heads are wrong. In 2004 an undefeated Auburn football team with Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown and Carlos Rodgers were passed over for the BCS championship. USC and Oklahoma played, USC won 55-10. Yes, an undefeated power 5 conference has been left out,a bunch of misinformation. USC WANTED to play Oklahoma and got it's wish.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 11:49 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 3 times in total.)

(12-03-2023, 11:31 AM)Jag149 Wrote: The talking heads are wrong. In 2004 an undefeated Auburn football team with Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown and Carlos Rodgers were passed over for the BCS championship. USC and Oklahoma played, USC won 55-10. Yes, an undefeated power 5 conference has been left out,a bunch of misinformation. USC WANTED to play Oklahoma and got it's wish.

Wow thats right. They could be qualifying that its never happened so far with the current 4 team format, but they never do explictly when discussed. Good catch!

That said, one of the 5 conference champs is going to have to sit at home and watch the playoff. I think it will be

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

Texas beat Bama on the road, and even tho it was early in the season, i think the committee uses that as thier tie breaker.

If they go with the 4 best teams? Thats a harder call.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2023, 12:06 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-03-2023, 11:46 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 11:31 AM)Jag149 Wrote: The talking heads are wrong.  In 2004 an undefeated Auburn football team with Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown and Carlos Rodgers were passed over for the BCS championship. USC and Oklahoma played, USC won 55-10.  Yes, an undefeated power 5 conference has been left out,a bunch of misinformation. USC WANTED to play Oklahoma and got it's wish.

Wow thats right. They could be qualifying that its never happened so far with the current 4 team format, but they never do explictly when discussed. Good catch!

That said, one of the 5 conference champs is going to have to sit at home and watch the playoff. I think it will be

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

Texas beat Bama on the road, and even tho it was early in the season, i think the committee uses that as thier tie breaker.

If they go with the 4 best teams?  Thats a harder call.

Back in 2004 when it happened the Big10 and the SEC went to the NCAA and advised if it ever happened again they would both leave the voluntary NCAA and form their own association. Then the NCAA could play their champion to find out who was best in college football.  Since then neither conference's champion has been left out.  Since neither conference depends on the NCAA for any revenue it could happen here, who knows?

The main proponent of the move to leave out was Lee Corso, hius reason? The Auburn safety was injured during the SEC Championship game and would not be playing in the Natty.

(12-03-2023, 12:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 11:46 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Wow thats right. They could be qualifying that its never happened so far with the current 4 team format, but they never do explictly when discussed. Good catch!

Michigan
Washington
Texas
FSU

If they go with the 4 best teams?  Thats a harder call.

Back in 2004 when it happened the Big10 and the SEC went to the NCAA and advised if it ever happened again they would both leave the voluntary NCAA and form their own association. Then the NCAA could play their champion to find out who was best in college football.  Since then neither conference's champion has been left out.  Since neither conference depends on the NCAA for any revenue it could happen here, who knows?

Another great point. The NCAA is a paper tiger now at best.

(12-03-2023, 12:03 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-03-2023, 12:00 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Back in 2004 when it happened the Big10 and the SEC went to the NCAA and advised if it ever happened again they would both leave the voluntary NCAA and form their own association. Then the NCAA could play their champion to find out who was best in college football.  Since then neither conference's champion has been left out.  Since neither conference depends on the NCAA for any revenue it could happen here, who knows?

Another great point. The NCAA is a paper tiger now at best.

Lee Corso has set the precedent as he proposed leaving them out because Will the safety was injured in the SEC championship game and would not play in the Natty. So in 2004 because a single defensive player was injured an SEC team was left out.  I don't know what is going to happen, but like I said I pity the committee.