Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Engram to the pro bowl

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2024, 07:02 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 15 times in total.)

Well deserved 114 catches!

Fun Fact: the only TE in team history to catch 2 TDs in the same game. He’s actually done it twice. (Correction, Lewis and Engram are the only TEs to have 2 or more games with atleast 2 TDs in a single game.) Lewis had 3 vs Ravens and 2 vs Texans. Engram had 2 vs Ten and 2 vs Cle.

Engram is 1 of 7 TEs in team history to score 5 or more touchdowns in a Jaguars uniform. You read that correct, only 7 TEs have scored 5 or more TD for the Jaguars.

Engram now has the 2nd most receptions in team history in a single-season.

1. Jimmy Smith - 116
2. Evan Engram - 114
3. Jimmy Smith - 112

monster of a season for Engram. His contract extension was well deserved and he will take Travis Kelce’s spot in the Pro Bowl.

*only the 2nd time in team history the Jaguars will send a Tight End to the pro bowl. 13 seasons ago Marcedes Lewis became the 1st Jaguars TE to earn pro bowl honors, which means the franchise went 15 seasons from 1995 to 2010 without a Pro Bowl TE. Wild stuff.

*22 years since a Jaguars player has had 90 or more receptions in a season. 2001 was the last season the Jaguars had a player with 90 or more receptions in a single season. Engram joins Smith and McCardell as the only players in franchise history with 90 or more receptions in a single season.

Only Jimmy Smith and Evan Engram had 100 or more receptions in a single season.

*Since 1995, players with 85 or more catches in a season = 3
Jimmy, Keenan, Evan. Wow that’s crazy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2024, 05:20 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good news. Congratulations. He’s an excellent player.

Great news

Well deserved

(01-30-2024, 11:49 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Well deserved 114 catches!

Fun Fact: the only TE in team history to catch 2 TDs in the same game. He’s actually done it twice.

I’m pretty sure Marcedes had a few multi-TD games.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2024, 05:58 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 6 times in total.)

(01-30-2024, 04:47 PM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 11:49 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Well deserved 114 catches!

Fun Fact: the only TE in team history to catch 2 TDs in the same game. He’s actually done it twice.

I’m pretty sure Marcedes had a few multi-TD games.

I rechecked my junk and you’re correct.

Lewis had 3 against the Ravens in 2017, which is the Jaguars TE record for most TDs in a single game and 2 against the Texans back in 2012.

Engram scored 2 against Ten and Cle.

another fun fact: Engram is the only TE in franchise history with a rushing attempt. He actually has 2 rushing attempts with a 6.5 ypc, which is an average of 0.8 rushing yards per game.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2024, 06:46 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Here are some more Fun Facts about Jaguars Tight Ends:

- Farrell was the 2nd leading TE in 2023. Farrell had more catches and more receiving yards than 2nd round pick Brenton Strange. Farrell ended this season with 13 receptions for 155 yards.

-Strange = 5 receptions for 35 yards. lolz

Now for the good stuff:

- 22 Tight Ends in Jaguars History have registered a TD.

- Only 11 Jaguars Tight Ends have scored 2 or more TD in a career: Mitchell, Brady, Lewis Jones, Wrighster, O’Shaugnessy, Miller, Harbor, Thomas, Eifert, Engram

- Only 7 Tight Ends in franchise history have 5 or more touchdowns in a Jaguars career: Lewis, Brady, Mitchell, Jones, Wrighster, Thomas, Engram.

- Only 4 Jaguars TEs have 10 or more career TDs: Lewis, Brady, Mitchell, and Jones.

*Engram now has 8 career TD with the Jaguars.

- 11 Tight Ends in Jaguars history have just 1 TD to their name: Derek Brown, Brenton Strange, Ben Koyak, Serferian-Jenkins, Nick O’Leary, Jacob Hollister, Chris Manhertz, Nic Jacobs, Danny Noble, Richard Angulo, Brian Jones.

- Dan Arnold never scored a touchdown as a Jaguars player

- Brenton Strange scored a touchdown before Engram in 2023

- Engram needs 5 more receptions to move into 3rd place all time in Jaguars History for receptions by a TE. He also needs 363 to move into 3rd all time for yards by a TE.

I was checking some random stats earlier and Engram now holds about 15 or 20 TE team records. Multiple seasons of 750 yards or more. Most receptions in a game/season, most first downs in a game/season, etc, etc, etc. I had them all typed out on my cell, but I got a call and went back to the board and it was wiped clean and I lost everything I typed. No way I’m going back to retype it.

Last TE Fun Fact for today: Luke Farrell led all Jaguars TE’s in yards per catch with 11.9

weird fact: who drafted Brenton Strange in round 2, so he could go out in 2023 and put up
numbers like = 5 receptions, 35 yards

One of my favorite players and should be a core piece of this offense for a long while.

(01-30-2024, 07:23 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: One of my favorite players and should be a core piece of this offense for a long while.

For sure bro. Dude has reinvented the position for this franchise. Definitely a core piece on offense.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2024, 08:43 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 1 time in total.)

I wouldn’t expect anything close to 114 next year. He was an extension of our otherwise absent running game with all those bubble screens he caught which was a big part of the 114. I expect our running game to be in a better place next year. He’s a very good receiving tight end in this league regardless though.

(01-30-2024, 08:42 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I wouldn’t expect anything close to 114 next year.  He was an extension of our otherwise absent running game with all those bubble screens he caught which was a big part of the 114. I expect our running game to be in a better place next year.  He’s a very good receiving tight end in this league regardless though.

Yeah - if our offense is healthy and the run game is functional - Engram is probably topping out around 80-90 catches. 

We just had a bad run game early on, zero run game later on, and a rash of injuries to productive receivers. 
Engram did his best to pick up the slack. My hat is off to him.