Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden's capital gains tax proposal could crush the economy

(04-27-2024, 08:09 PM)copycat Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 01:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: No my point is both people cleared $20 million in two years, one pays $7.3 million in taxes and the other pays $4.0 million because he funneled his money through a shell corporation and deferred taking it for at least 366 days.  I'm not saying the 2nd guy should pay $7.3 million.  I'm saying they should each pay the same amount, and that amount would probably be a number in between, say $5 million or $6 million.

Agreed, as do most of the citizens of America.  Yet the elected officials do see that a flat tax would be beneficial.  I wonder why?

They want the lobbyists to keep coming back.  There is a lobbyist for each little tax break.  There is also a team of lobbyists for making it complicated in general, they're the ones that HR Block and Turbo Tax pay for.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
copycat - by copycat - 04-27-2024, 08:09 PM
RE: copycat - by mikesez - 04-27-2024, 10:05 PM