Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL DRAFT ROUNDS 4-7***

Limmer is gone.

Matt Lee or Cohen please

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

To add insult to injury? The players some of us are calling for? Guess where they're ending up? On teams that draft well.

Mahogany to the Lions.
Limmer to the Rams.
Johnny Wilson to the Eagles.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2024, 05:35 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's lost me since the RB selection. Criminal. Absolutely criminal that you didn't take a swing earlier for Mahogany at OG. Limmer at OC here would have been perfect.

I hope the "best five" are healthy for at least more than 70% of our games this year or we're absolutely [BLEEP] offensively again in 2024.

Too many durability concerns with this unit. Hanging your hat on two new faces in Morse and Foster is weak as hell.

The fact is we shouldn’t have to pin any hopes on 7th round picks. They prioritized defense over offense in the draft. Even accounting for getting a few good players, the priority is wrong.

Until they change their roster building approach, We will be mired in mediocrity because our most important player will be running for his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-27-2024, 05:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:35 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: Draft reactions are crazy, half the players in this draft will be out the league in the next 2/3 years and we’ve got people tearing there hair out over not picking guys in the 6th, there’s a reason they’re getting picked in the 6th because more likely than not, they’re not better than anyone on anyone else’s rosters. Just because they looked good in a few college games against car sales man doesn’t mean there better than a professional player you don’t like.

Just let them play and evaluate it like a normal human in a couple of years rather than 5 months before they play a professional snap
Because the value was better earlier at positions of need where we lack depth.

Lawrence was sacked 35 times last year. He sustained injuries to his knee, his ankle, his throwing shoulder and then his head.

Our best 5 didn't start until the season finale. Our overall inability to run the football and protect him cost us tremendously in that 1 - 5 collapse.

Adding Morse and Foster just doesn't cut it. The problem I have is that, they double dipped at DT after signing Armstead.

They double dipped at CB after sigining Darby. Why didn't they apply the same principles here to the OL room?

Just seems like we're asking for trouble.

Look I understand the offensive line comments I really do I agree we need to get better, but weather we like it or not they have there starting 5, we then have walker little, cooper hodges fortner and foster, who will definitely be on the roster, that’s 9 line man with out the other veterans that will float around camp, they clearly don’t think the offensive lineman left can compete with them, and they’re probably right at this stage of the draft

(04-27-2024, 05:38 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: He never missed an extra point over his three-year career.

129/129

7/11 on 50 yards+ over his career

(04-27-2024, 05:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:38 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: He never missed an extra point over his three-year career.

129/129

7/11 on 50 yards+ over his career

And only 20 years old so lots of room to get stronger still

(04-27-2024, 05:40 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Kiper likes rhe pick said he had him as 1b kicker in the draft. Big leg and very accurate. Says he's gonna be really good pro.

Cool, we are gonna need a good kicker as we will not be making a lot of 3rd and shorts.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-27-2024, 05:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:33 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: We're upset about a 6th round comp.pick being a kicker? Didn't we need one of those?

I'm fine with it, they needed more competition at kicker. Joey Slye and Riley Patterson are the current kickers on the roster and they're whatever at best.

Me too.  I thought the Jaguars would and should draft a kicker in either the sixth or seventh round.  At this point, you are looking for people who can make the team.  I would rather a kicker that makes the team over some other player who is just going to get cut.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 05:54 PM by Caldrac.)

(04-27-2024, 05:46 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Because the value was better earlier at positions of need where we lack depth.

Lawrence was sacked 35 times last year. He sustained injuries to his knee, his ankle, his throwing shoulder and then his head.

Our best 5 didn't start until the season finale. Our overall inability to run the football and protect him cost us tremendously in that 1 - 5 collapse.

Adding Morse and Foster just doesn't cut it. The problem I have is that, they double dipped at DT after signing Armstead.

They double dipped at CB after sigining Darby. Why didn't they apply the same principles here to the OL room?

Look I understand the offensive line comments I really do I agree we need to get better, but weather we like it or not they have there starting 5, we then have walker little, cooper hodges fortner and foster, who will definitely be on the roster, that’s 9 line man with out the other veterans that will float around camp, they clearly don’t think the offensive lineman left can compete with them, and they’re probably right at this stage of the draft
That's fine. When we're crying for the 2nd year in a row like the Bengals fanbase does for Burrow because the depth is garbage?

We can all circle back to last year's off season and this off season. Just feels like we did very little to improve the base five and the depth behind it.

No room to compete? They have finished in the cellar for three straight years in a row as a unit. Plenty of room to improve there.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2024, 05:46 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Because the value was better earlier at positions of need where we lack depth.

Hahahaha, thats been the problem and its still the problem.  If you dont have a player that can beat out Fortner for your backup center your oline isnt good enough

(04-27-2024, 05:35 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: Draft reactions are crazy, half the players in this draft will be out the league in the next 2/3 years and we’ve got people tearing there hair out over not picking guys in the 6th, there’s a reason they’re getting picked in the 6th because more likely than not, they’re not better than anyone on anyone else’s rosters. Just because they looked good in a few college games against car sales man doesn’t mean there better than a professional player you don’t like.

Just let them play and evaluate it like a normal human in a couple of years rather than 5 months before they play a professional snap

Sure, and I would be fine with that... if they at least drafted positions we need. I don't ever want to draft a K unless they are the next best thing. Load up as many OL as possible and let's see if any stick. But to completely skip over the position is [BLEEP] stupid.

I keep seeing a trend that good teams do.

Seattle went offensive line. Pittsburgh went offensive line. Buffalo went offensive line. Green Bay went offensive line. Kansas City went offensive line. Dallas went offensive line.

Those teams dropped 2+ picks on the line this weekend.

Hopefully Little can make some big kicks for us this year

My problem is that we have a QB that we can see does well when he has time.. and we aren't trying to fix the worst O-Line in the league. Sure, we signed a new C that is 32 years old and is likely out of the league soon. We have no depth that is any good. We're bringing back almost the same O-Line that was last in the league last year and hoping Trevor doesn't get hurt.

(04-27-2024, 05:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:46 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: Look I understand the offensive line comments I really do I agree we need to get better, but weather we like it or not they have there starting 5, we then have walker little, cooper hodges fortner and foster, who will definitely be on the roster, that’s 9 line man with out the other veterans that will float around camp, they clearly don’t think the offensive lineman left can compete with them, and they’re probably right at this stage of the draft

Hahahaha, thats been the problem and its still the problem.  If you dont have a player that can beat out Fortner for your backup center your oline isnt good enough

I don’t think your listening to me, I’m not saying I think we have an amazing line, but go back 2 years and the majority of people were happy with the fortner pick , my point is just because fortner is garbage doesn’t mean the centre you’ve heard of in the 6/7th round is going to be better than him. 

Again I agree we should of done more but getting mad about 5/6/7 round picks because they haven’t drafted o-lineman isn’t the time to be getting mad there’s little chance they improve the roster

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:01 PM by Charlie Sheen.)

(04-27-2024, 05:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I keep seeing a trend that good teams do.

Seattle went offensive line. Pittsburgh went offensive line. Buffalo went offensive line. Green Bay went offensive line. Kansas City went offensive line. Dallas went offensive line.

Defense can be dealt with later. Protecting your QB has to be the priority.

(04-27-2024, 06:00 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hahahaha, thats been the problem and its still the problem.  If you dont have a player that can beat out Fortner for your backup center your oline isnt good enough

I don’t think your listening to me, I’m not saying I think we have an amazing line, but go back 2 years and the majority of people were happy with the fortner pick , my point is just because fortner is garbage doesn’t mean the centre you’ve heard of in the 6/7th round is going to be better than him. 

Again I agree we should of done more but getting mad about 5/6/7 round picks because they haven’t drafted o-lineman isn’t the time to be getting mad there’s little chance they improve the roster

But if 5/6/7 is filled with "maybes" then how about we get a maybe that might improve the line?

(04-27-2024, 06:00 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I keep seeing a trend that good teams do.

Defense can be dealt with later. Protecting your QB has to be the priority.

(04-27-2024, 06:00 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: I don’t think your listening to me, I’m not saying I think we have an amazing line, but go back 2 years and the majority of people were happy with the fortner pick , my point is just because fortner is garbage doesn’t mean the centre you’ve heard of in the 6/7th round is going to be better than him. 

But if 5/6/7 is filled with "maybes" then how about we get a maybe that might improve the line?

It’s very simple , offensive line play across the league has been terrible last couple of years. Very few teams have any decent depth at the position, there’s only so many big men in the world that can move like them, top 10 centres guards and tackles are very unlikely to be found this late in the draft. 

People just get too emotional about a draft, most players bust, a hand full of the whole draft  become all pro. Just because you think a player is good doesn’t mean nfl teams think he is, and if he’s fallen to round 6 no one in the league views him as a starter

(04-27-2024, 06:00 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hahahaha, thats been the problem and its still the problem.  If you dont have a player that can beat out Fortner for your backup center your oline isnt good enough

It doesnt matter how people felt about the pick 2 years ago.  We have seen him play for 2 years now and he was the worst starting center in the league.  He was the 36th or 38th ranked center and there are only 32 teams.  It wouldnt be hard to upgrade Fortner if we drafted a center.  He is a huge liability and if something happens to Morse Trevor is toast again.

(04-27-2024, 05:40 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Kiper likes rhe pick said he had him as 1b kicker in the draft. Big leg and very accurate. Says he's gonna be really good pro.

I don't have a problem with the pick...but please don't bring up Kiper.   He said DeJean was the top CB in the draft.   Even though he may be proven right over time...NO ONE else said that.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(04-27-2024, 06:07 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:00 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote: Defense can be dealt with later. Protecting your QB has to be the priority.

It’s very simple , offensive line play across the league has been terrible last couple of years. Very few teams have any decent depth at the position, there’s only so many big men in the world that can move like them, top 10 centres guards and tackles are very unlikely to be found this late in the draft. 

People just get too emotional about a draft, most players bust, a hand full of the whole draft  become all pro. Just because you think a player is good doesn’t mean nfl teams think he is, and if he’s fallen to round 6 no one in the league views him as a starter

Good interior olineman are found all the time in the mid to late rounds.