Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Oline draft prospects

(12-25-2021, 11:18 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Daniel Faalele from Minnesota is just one big dude.  He stands about 6'9 and weighs in around 380.  He has good strength and decent athleticism for his size.  He needs some learning before he should be considered for an NFL starter role, as he has only been playing competitive football (at any level) for 4 seasons.  However, he could develop into a force at right OT.

Man I hope we grab this dude with one of our 3rds.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As I hinted at in this or somewhere else, I don't even think Neal is going to be the OT1 by time this is over. The TDN group already has Ekwonu and Cross above Neal and now the B/R consensus board has Ekwonu OT1 and I belive Nate Tice has Cross ahead of Neal also.

Neal has the crazy potential with his size and athleticism, but he's just not that great yet. Ekwonu and Cross are currently better players and have loads of upside themselves.

Still, go Thibs #1 and don't look back.

(01-07-2022, 04:49 PM)Upper Wrote: As I hinted at in this or somewhere else, I don't even think Neal is going to be the OT1 by time this is over. The TDN group already has Ekwonu and Cross above Neal and now the B/R consensus board has Ekwonu OT1 and I belive Nate Tice has Cross ahead of Neal also.

Neal has the crazy potential with his size and athleticism, but he's just not that great yet. Ekwonu and Cross are currently better players and have loads of upside themselves.

It's just a weak OT class altogether. Pretty good OG class though. 

Agreed. Take Thibodeaux.

(01-07-2022, 04:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 04:49 PM)Upper Wrote: As I hinted at in this or somewhere else, I don't even think Neal is going to be the OT1 by time this is over. The TDN group already has Ekwonu and Cross above Neal and now the B/R consensus board has Ekwonu OT1 and I belive Nate Tice has Cross ahead of Neal also.

Agreed. Take Thibodeaux.

I think it's basically like the rest of the draft, weak at the top without the normal standouts...but lots of quality depth.

None of them are great yet, they are college players. Neal has had a very good year though and if a tackle gets drafted before Neal means nothing lol. Andrew Thomas was the first tackle taken in the 2020 draft, does that mean hes the best tackle since he was the first tackle taken?  lol.  You act like Ekwomu and Cross are coming out of nowhere, they have been mocked in the top 10 for months now and some even had Ekwonu mocked to us for a while. I honestly think Ekwonu will be better guard

I will say i hope whoever our GM is isnt looking at BR's bigboard and Nate Tice's who ever the hell that is bigboard when deciding on our picks lol

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 08:49 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2022, 05:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Neal has had a very good year though

Neal has a very good highlight package, as Tice also showed. Just from watching a lot of Alabama this year though, I bet he would have the worst lowlight video also. He gets beat more than the typical elite OT prospect.

(01-07-2022, 08:48 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 05:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Neal has had a very good year though

Neal has a very good highlight package, as Tice also showed. Just from watching a lot of Alabama this year though, I bet he would have the worst lowlight video also. He gets beat more than the typical elite OT prospect.

I dont know about that. I watch most Alabama games and dude is usually dominant and has had a great season, im not so sure you have watched that many Alabama games to say he gets beat a lot.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 10:16 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hes given up 1 sack on the year and 9 hurries on the season and this is the first season hes played LT. Less than 1 hurry a game, I think you got Neal mixed up with someone else.

I feel another Randy Gregory/Erick Flowers debate coming on where Gregory putting Flowers on skates and collapsing the pocket absurdly fast didn't count as a win against Flowers according to a select few around here because the play didn't result in a sack.

I have significant qualms with those numbers. We saw Sanders beat Neal pretty decisively at least 3 or 4 times in the bowl game alone.

(01-07-2022, 04:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Agreed. Take Thibodeaux.

If we trade back to the 6-10 range (and take Williams from Bama) and somehow pick up another second round pick in the process. Do you feel there would be a starting caliber guard there with that pick?

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2022, 11:08 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-07-2022, 11:38 PM)Upper Wrote: I feel another Randy Gregory/Erick Flowers debate coming on where Gregory putting Flowers on skates and collapsing the pocket absurdly fast didn't count as a win against Flowers according to a select few around here because the play didn't result in a sack.

I have significant qualms with those numbers. We saw Sanders beat Neal pretty decisively at least 3 or 4 times in the bowl game alone.

https://gmenhq.com/2021/12/28/deeper-div...evan-neal/

Lol "it may have gone unnoticed to the casual fan" Neal was a monster in that game.

There was a reason he was one of the players of the game

https://fansided.com/2021/12/31/alabama-...evan-neal/

(01-08-2022, 12:52 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 04:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's just a weak OT class altogether. Pretty good OG class though. 

Agreed. Take Thibodeaux.

If we trade back to the 6-10 range (and take Williams from Bama) and somehow pick up another second round pick in the process. Do you feel there would be a starting caliber guard there with that pick?

No doubt there will be. Darrian Kinnard is one player I'd target there; he could also play tackle if necessary. Zion Johnson is another possibility who may even fall to round 3.

(01-08-2022, 12:52 AM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 04:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's just a weak OT class altogether. Pretty good OG class though. 

Agreed. Take Thibodeaux.

There should be several good starting OG options in the 2nd and 3rd round ranges and even later.

We're taking Neal at 1. All but guaranteed.

(01-11-2022, 11:34 AM)Upper Wrote: We're taking Neal at 1. All but guaranteed.
Baalke will take Hutchinson.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Well that would be even worse.

(01-11-2022, 11:57 AM)Upper Wrote: Well that would be even worse.
Why? You have Little and Robinson. At this point.

It should be:

1. Hutchinson
2. Thibodeaux
3. Trade
4. Neal

Neal's not being touted as a slam dunk LT at the next level. Did I miss something? Is he being lauded as the next Anthony Munoz or Tony Boselli?

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-11-2022, 12:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

It should be:

1. Hutchinson
2. Thibodeaux
3. Trade
4. Neal

Neal's not being touted as a slam dunk LT at the next level. Did I miss something? Is he being lauded as the next Anthony Munoz or Tony Boselli?

Buddy. This whole draft class is weak. It may be the weakest in terms of top tier talent ever.

No one is being touted as anything because they're not really elite. The most elite prospect in this class is Thibs. He has the highest ceiling. Then it's probably Neal.

Hutchinson will probably play in the league for 10 years or so and average 8 sacks a season. That's pretty good but I'm not sure he will ever be elite.

(01-11-2022, 12:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Thibs would be the pick by a comfortable margin if I were in charge, but the momentum is too strong toward Neal right now. Maybe that will change after the combine/pro day when Thibs blows the doors off, but I think protecting Trevor will win the day.

I don't feel strongly enough toward Thibs to fight it for a whole offseason. Neal is not Fowler or Fournette or Henderson so whatever.

Hutch, well, I'm not even sure if he's a top 10 guy in this class anymore. He was outclassed that badly in the bowl game.