Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you take, 2022 edition

(02-14-2022, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: OK, I've  been toying with mocks for a while, and you guys are  just making names up at this point, right?  Tongue

In the last 5 games Cameron Thomas has averaged like 25 points a game for the Nets. Definitely think we need to take him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-14-2022, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 03:20 PM)Bullseye Wrote: First thing I thought when I saw Woods is he is HUGE.  He's not going to run away from too many people, but is still a decent enough athlete who adjusts to a poorly thrown ball.  Style wise, his play reminds me of Mark Bavaro, even though Woods is much bigger.  I don't think he'll run away from anyone, but should be a good TE 2 and red zone target.  Rambo seems to be a crafty WR from a school with a good lineage of WRs.  Not sure anything in particular stands out to me about him.  I'd take Woods.

Next up:  Kingsley Enaggbare vs. Cameron Thomas

OK, I've  been toying with mocks for a while, and you guys are  just making names up at this point, right?  Tongue

(02-14-2022, 11:51 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 10:27 AM)Mikey Wrote: OK, I've  been toying with mocks for a while, and you guys are  just making names up at this point, right?  Tongue

In the last 5 games Cameron Thomas has averaged like 25 points a game for the Nets. Definitely think we need to take him.

Cameron Thomas...

https://youtu.be/iLDy_veRkPM

Kingsley Enagbare

https://youtu.be/xsMs3Du3CkE

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Brian Robinson vs. Jerome Ford

(02-16-2022, 02:49 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Brian Robinson vs. Jerome Ford

I'm still undecided on Thomas vs. Enagbare. It's a toss up, IMO. 

Personally, I like Robinson a bit more than I like Ford, but I believe Ford will be drafted higher. I think Robinson is a bit underrated at this point. With that said, this is an unbelievably deep RB class. With all the underclassmen entering the draft, there will be anywhere from 8-11 really good RB's that will probably go undrafted. There is just way more supply than there is demand. We would be able to find a really good backup RB after the draft concludes. 

Next up: TE Greg Dulcich vs. TE Jelani Woods

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2022, 06:33 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-14-2022, 01:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

(02-14-2022, 11:51 AM)Upper Wrote: In the last 5 games Cameron Thomas has averaged like 25 points a game for the Nets. Definitely think we need to take him.

Cameron Thomas...

Kingsley Enagbare

I like Thomas over Enagbare. Thomas is coming off a pretty big year. Was very disruptive in the backfield. Only downside I think was an injury which kept him out of the Senior Bowl. Hamstring injury I think. He was in contention to increase his stock to late RD1 I believe. 

Between Brian Robinson and Jerome Ford. I like Robinson. A little bit more experience. More size to him. However, he's able to have an impact in the receiving game as well. Ford is similar on paper. I watched both of them closely in their play-off match up. Robinson clearly had an edge in that one. I really like Robinson though if he's an option in RD6 but I think RB's get valued vastly different depending on who you are and who you ask. I would probably invest a 4th or even 5th RD pick on him. 

I was waiting to see when the RB comps would come up in this thread. I held back a little bit. I think RB is still an important position on this team. Especially with Etienne and Robinson coming off of injuries and with Hyde and Armstead leaving a lot to be desired in lieu of those two missing. So, let's continue to the RB discussion. 

Zamir White Vs. Hassan Haskins

(02-16-2022, 03:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Personally, I like Robinson a bit more than I like Ford, but I believe Ford will be drafted higher. I think Robinson is a bit underrated at this point. With that said, this is an unbelievably deep RB class. With all the underclassmen entering the draft, there will be anywhere from 8-11 really good RB's that will probably go undrafted. There is just way more supply than there is demand. We would be able to find a really good backup RB after the draft concludes. 

Woods over Dulcich. I like Woods just a little bit more. I think he's got a better overall frame for the position. He was also very limited in the receiving game up until last year but he showcased a lot of ability overall. I think the 40 time and cone drills will really determine and separate these two on someone's big board though. As for now? I still favor Woods.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-16-2022, 06:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 01:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Cameron Thomas...

Kingsley Enagbare

I like Thomas over Enagbare. Thomas is coming off a pretty big year. Was very disruptive in the backfield. Only downside I think was an injury which kept him out of the Senior Bowl. Hamstring injury I think. He was in contention to increase his stock to late RD1 I believe. 

Between Brian Robinson and Jerome Ford. I like Robinson. A little bit more experience. More size to him. However, he's able to have an impact in the receiving game as well. Ford is similar on paper. I watched both of them closely in their play-off match up. Robinson clearly had an edge in that one. I really like Robinson though if he's an option in RD6 but I think RB's get valued vastly different depending on who you are and who you ask. I would probably invest a 4th or even 5th RD pick on him. 

I was waiting to see when the RB comps would come up in this thread. I held back a little bit. I think RB is still an important position on this team. Especially with Etienne and Robinson coming off of injuries and with Hyde and Armstead leaving a lot to be desired in lieu of those two missing. So, let's continue to the RB discussion. 

(02-16-2022, 03:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm still undecided on Thomas vs. Enagbare. It's a toss up, IMO. 

Woods over Dulcich. I like Woods just a little bit more. I think he's got a better overall frame for the position. He was also very limited in the receiving game up until last year but he showcased a lot of ability overall. I think the 40 time and cone drills will really determine and separate these two on someone's big board though. As for now? I still favor Woods.

Agreed. I like Dulcich a lot, but Woods is the entire package. He has size, great hands and is a good blocker. Dulcich could hold a speed advantage, but Woods has a slight advantage everywhere else. 

For me, I take Haskins over White. Haskins is a big, bruising runner with excellent vision and deceptive speed. With that said, I wouldn't select a RB in this draft. There will be a ton of very good RB's who are not drafted. I bring in a couple UDFA's.

Next up: OG/OT Jamaree Salyer vs. OG/OT Darian Kinnard

(02-16-2022, 07:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 06:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like Thomas over Enagbare. Thomas is coming off a pretty big year. Was very disruptive in the backfield. Only downside I think was an injury which kept him out of the Senior Bowl. Hamstring injury I think. He was in contention to increase his stock to late RD1 I believe. 

Agreed. I like Dulcich a lot, but Woods is the entire package. He has size, great hands and is a good blocker. Dulcich could hold a speed advantage, but Woods has a slight advantage everywhere else. 

For me, I take Haskins over White. Haskins is a big, bruising runner with excellent vision and deceptive speed. With that said, I wouldn't select a RB in this draft. There will be a ton of very good RB's who are not drafted. I bring in a couple UDFA's.

This was a tough one for me. I like Sayler. Georgia fan. Bias there. BUT... Kinnard just seems like an overall nastier player with a mean streak in him. Kinnard could play guard but he's looking more and more like a pure RT that run blocks at a high level.

Sayler was able to play LT and RG in 2021 though. Found success in both positions. Played big in big games. My hope is that he's available in RD3. I think a team hurting for a RT will take Kinnard in RD2 at some point.

Really comes down to next month. If the team is not sold on bringing back Cann at RG or Bartch's development at RG. They have a hole to fill. Sayler fills that hole while offering versatility at LT. If they think they're set at RG and they like Robinson and/or Little at LT? Kinnard may very well be the guy they need to move on from Taylor.

Next up:

Brandon Smith [OLB Penn St] Vs. Brian Asamoah [OLB Oklahoma]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022, 12:29 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-16-2022, 03:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I actually like both players.  I see Robinson as the between the tackles pounder, with Ford being more of the breakaway threat.  Unfortunately, despite the Jaguars investment at the position since 2015, RB remains a huge need because of poor performance (Yeldon) foolish cuts (Fournette) and injuries (Robinson and Etienne).  Were it not for this reality, I'm not sure I would want to spend draft capital at the position at all.  However, since the need remains, I would urge the team to look at this position in the middle rounds.

As I recall, Pederson found success in 2017 with a between the tackles pounder in Legarrette Blount.  With Robinson possibly out with an achilles, I think the pounder represents the biggest need, so on that basis I would take Robinson.  But I like both players.

As for Dulcich vs. Woods, generally, Woods is more of a traditional Y, and Dulcich is more of a move guy.  But Dulcich is a far more explosive receiver.  I think Pederson is looking for a receiving TE.  I think Dulcich fits that more than Woods.  If JDR or TC were coaching this team, I'd think Woods would be more of a fit, but I think Pederson would prefer Dulcich, and if I were GM I'd pick Dulcich.

Next up:  George Pickens vs. Christian Watson.

(02-16-2022, 06:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-14-2022, 01:34 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Cameron Thomas...

Kingsley Enagbare

(02-16-2022, 03:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm still undecided on Thomas vs. Enagbare. It's a toss up, IMO. 

As far as Thomas vs. Engbare, I think Thomas is more of a power player.  One of the things that jumped out to me about him is his punch.  I think Engbare is more of a speed rusher.  I think who I take will depend on how they will play the defense.  If they will flip the edge rushers often, I might be inclined to go with Thomas, because as more of a power player, he will be more apt to play on the strong side for us, as Allen would move to the weak side on occasion.  In that case, I'd want tomeone who can hold the point of attack.  If they don't flip sides, I think Engbare would be more apt to play weakside.  I think I'd take Engbare just looking strictly at the pass rushing aspect, but thee guys are close.

As for Zamir White vs. Hasan Haskins, were I looking primarily at the school and each school's history of producing RBs, I'd take Zamir White.  But just watching these two players, I easily take Haskins.  White's only 215 lbs, but he doesn't seem to be much of a breakaway threat at all, nor is he a pounder.  He seems plodding for the most part.  Haskins seems far more explosive a player to me.

Next up:  Devin lloyd vs. Nakobi Dean

(02-16-2022, 07:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 06:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like Thomas over Enagbare. Thomas is coming off a pretty big year. Was very disruptive in the backfield. Only downside I think was an injury which kept him out of the Senior Bowl. Hamstring injury I think. He was in contention to increase his stock to late RD1 I believe. 

I think I go with Kinnard here.  I think Salyars is about 6-2 to 6-3...more of a G.  I think he could he a heckuva guard.  But I think Kinnard has more versatility being 6'5.  I could see Kinnard being able to play 3 positions along the OL-LG, RG and RT, with his best fir being RT.  Assuming I were named GM for the Jaguars, much of what I'd do between these two would depend on what would happen in round 1.  If I took Evan Neal at 1, I think I might wait for Salyer at the top of round 3.  If we went edge at 1, I think I'd go after Kinnard at the top of round 2 and Salyer in round 3 or 4.

Next up:  Abraham Lucas vs. Alec Lindstrom

(02-16-2022, 11:47 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 07:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed. I like Dulcich a lot, but Woods is the entire package. He has size, great hands and is a good blocker. Dulcich could hold a speed advantage, but Woods has a slight advantage everywhere else. 

This was a tough one for me. I like Sayler. Georgia fan. Bias there. BUT... Kinnard just seems like an overall nastier player with a mean streak in him. Kinnard could play guard but he's looking more and more like a pure RT that run blocks at a high level.

Sayler was able to play LT and RG in 2021 though. Found success in both positions. Played big in big games. My hope is that he's available in RD3. I think a team hurting for a RT will take Kinnard in RD2 at some point.

Really comes down to next month. If the team is not sold on bringing back Cann at RG or Bartch's development at RG. They have a hole to fill. Sayler fills that hole while offering versatility at LT. If they think they're set at RG and they like Robinson and/or Little at LT? Kinnard may very well be the guy they need to move on from Taylor.

Next up:

Brandon Smith [OLB Penn St] Vs. Brian Asamoah [OLB Oklahoma]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would take Brandon Smith because he is about 30 lbs bigger based on the reports I've seen.  If true, that makes him a better fit in a 3-4.

However, both are similar in that both have very good speed and are very good blitzers.  That said, I want to see both of them take on guards before making any concerete judgments.

Next up:  Isaiah Likely vs. Trey McBride

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2022, 01:26 AM by TheO-LineMatters. Edited 2 times in total.)

Jamaree Salyer big over Darian Kinnard. Kinnard looked pretty bad in pass protection during the last few games.

Brandon Smith over Brian Asomoah by the slightest of margins. Both need to go to 4-3 teams.

Watson over Pickens by a mile. Pickens has made a name for himself based on a handful of catches. He is inconsistent and disappears in games, when he isn't already injured. I wouldn't touch him.

I take Devin Lloyd, mainly because we run a 3-4 scheme and Lloyd has the size to play in that scheme. Nakobe Dean is great as well, but at just 6' 225lbs., he is best suited for a 4-3 MLB role.

I take Lindstrom over Lucas because I'm not using a draft pick on an OT with no experience playing LT. I like versatile O-Linemen that I can move around when injuries occur.

I take McBride over Likely although they are 1-2 in my TE rankings. I just like McBride's toughness and big play ability.

Next up: CB Coby Bryant vs. CB Derion Kendrick

(02-20-2022, 01:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jamaree Salyer big over Darian Kinnard. Kinnard looked pretty bad in pass protection during the last few games.

Brandon Smith over Brian Asomoah by the slightest of margins. Both need to go to 4-3 teams.

Watson over Pickens by a mile. Pickens has made a name for himself based on a handful of catches. He is inconsistent and disappears in games, when he isn't already injured. I wouldn't touch him.

I take Devin Lloyd, mainly because we run a 3-4 scheme and Lloyd has the size to play in that scheme. Nakobe Dean is great as well, but at just 6' 225lbs., he is best suited for a 4-3 MLB role.

I take Lindstrom over Lucas because I'm not using a draft pick on an OT with no experience playing LT. I like versatile O-Linemen that I can move around when injuries occur.

I take McBride over Likely although they are 1-2 in my TE rankings. I just like McBride's toughness and big play ability.

As for Watson, I am hoping he will be available for us in the 3rd, but I think he could go in the 2nd.

If Likely measures 6-4 at the combine, I would list him as my top TE.  If not, I take McBride.

As for Bryant vs. Kendrick, what sticks out to me about Bryant is his positioning.  He always seem to be in good position when the ball is in the air.  Kendrick seems the more physical player...a guy you can utilize in bump and run.  Without knowing how the team wants its secondary to play, difficult for me to say.  My own bias would make me lean to Kendrick, but both I would be happy with either guy.

Next up:  Kenneth Walker vs. Isaiah Spiller

(02-20-2022, 02:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 01:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Jamaree Salyer big over Darian Kinnard. Kinnard looked pretty bad in pass protection during the last few games.

As for Watson, I am hoping he will be available for us in the 3rd, but I think he could go in the 2nd.

If Likely measures 6-4 at the combine, I would list him as my top TE.  If not, I take McBride.

As for Bryant vs. Kendrick, what sticks out to me about Bryant is his positioning.  He always seem to be in good position when the ball is in the air.  Kendrick seems the more physical player...a guy you can utilize in bump and run.  Without knowing how the team wants its secondary to play, difficult for me to say.  My own bias would make me lean to Kendrick, but both I would be happy with either guy.

I honestly don't think we could go wrong with either TE. 

I am a big Coby Bryant fan. In fact, I have him as my #4 overall CB. He's instinctive, alert and he is a really good and physical tackler. I gotta go with him. I saw Derion Kendrick gamble and lose too many times for my taste. I like his aggressiveness, but I just wish he was a little more instinctive.

I easily go with Kenneth Walker over Spiller. I love that kid. Walker is my #1 RB by a very wide margin. What he was able to do behind a very average O-Line was extremely impressive. He is a big play waiting to happen, every time he touches the ball. He's fun to watch. 

Next Up: DE/DT Matthew Butler vs. DE/DT Haskell Garrett

(02-20-2022, 02:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 02:26 AM)Bullseye Wrote: As for Watson, I am hoping he will be available for us in the 3rd, but I think he could go in the 2nd.

I honestly don't think we could go wrong with either TE. 

I am a big Coby Bryant fan. In fact, I have him as my #4 overall CB. He's instinctive, alert and he is a really good and physical tackler. I gotta go with him. I saw Derion Kendrick gamble and lose too many times for my taste. I like his aggressiveness, but I just wish he was a little more instinctive.

I easily go with Kenneth Walker over Spiller. I love that kid. Walker is my #1 RB by a very wide margin. What he was able to do behind a very average O-Line was extremely impressive. He is a big play waiting to happen, every time he touches the ball. He's fun to watch. 

Garrett has more upside but Butler seems more polished. He had a lot more snaps with one less game notched on his belt. They're pretty evenly matched and it'll probably come down to the interview, scheme fit and strength training that separates them on somebody's draft board. Really don't think you could go wrong either way but I like Butler just a hair more because I think he has a better leverage game but he still needs to learn how to shed blocks a bit more. 

Next up: Jeremy Ruckert - TE Vs. Cade Otton - TE

(02-22-2022, 06:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 02:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I honestly don't think we could go wrong with either TE. 

Garrett has more upside but Butler seems more polished. He had a lot more snaps with one less game notched on his belt. They're pretty evenly matched and it'll probably come down to the interview, scheme fit and strength training that separates them on somebody's draft board. Really don't think you could go wrong either way but I like Butler just a hair more because I think he has a better leverage game but he still needs to learn how to shed blocks a bit more. 

Otton.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(02-22-2022, 06:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-20-2022, 02:43 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I honestly don't think we could go wrong with either TE. 

I take Butler over Garrett and Otton over Ruckert.

Next up:  Tyler Smith vs. Nicholas Petit-Frere

Do you know if Kinnard had any injuries during that time?

(03-02-2022, 09:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 06:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Garrett has more upside but Butler seems more polished. He had a lot more snaps with one less game notched on his belt. They're pretty evenly matched and it'll probably come down to the interview, scheme fit and strength training that separates them on somebody's draft board. Really don't think you could go wrong either way but I like Butler just a hair more because I think he has a better leverage game but he still needs to learn how to shed blocks a bit more. 

I take Butler over Garrett and Otton over Ruckert.

I think Tyler Snith is a guy the Jaguars will target depending on how free agency and the first 2-3 rounds of the draft go.

Watching Daniel Jeremiah (?) or whatever NFLN talking head talk about him, he's like a poor man's Mike Iupati, who was a dominant college lineman who went to San Francisco while Baalke was there (2010).  Iupati had issues with hand placement (too wide) that led to holding penalties.  Davis had some 11 holding penalties last year for Tulsa, but watching him, he played with a lot of power and had decent athleticism for his size.  It's not like he was getting whipped at the point of attack and lunged to desperately grab a guy barrelling towards his QB.

I could easily see Baalke trying to replicate the Iupati pick with this guy, and I think I might like that.

(03-05-2022, 08:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 09:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I take Butler over Garrett and Otton over Ruckert.

I think Tyler Snith is a guy the Jaguars will target depending on how free agency and the first 2-3 rounds of the draft go.

Watching Daniel Jeremiah (?) or whatever NFLN talking head talk about him, he's like a poor man's Mike Iupati, who was a dominant college lineman who went to San Francisco while Baalke was there (2010).  Iupati had issues with hand placement (too wide) that led to holding penalties.  Davis had some 11 holding penalties last year for Tulsa, but watching him, he played with a lot of power and had decent athleticism for his size.  It's not like he was getting whipped at the point of attack and lunged to desperately grab a guy barrelling towards his QB.

I could easily see Baalke trying to replicate the Iupati pick with this guy, and I think I might like that.

Personally, I prefer Smith's former teammate, Chris Paul as an OG. I just think he is just a little more pro ready. I'd rather focus early on an interior O-Lineman who could slide over to Center. If we do keep Brandon Linder, which is a longshot given his contract and injury history, he's only here for another year and he's more likely gonna get cut, which would create an immediate need. I really like Cole Strange of Chattanooga. He caught my eye late in the year. He's played OT and OG in college and during the Senior Bowl, they had him playing Center and he looked right at home.