Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post-combine Draft

(03-07-2022, 01:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hutchinson. Thibodeaux showed his true colors after he told everyone he was gonna do the full workouts and didn't. He whined after posting a slower time than he wanted on the 40 and sat on the sidelines with a pouty look on his face. I was getting serious Jalen Ramsey vibes from this guy. We don't need another headcase like that on this team. We've been through enough.

I wonder what Thibs was thinking.

Why bother to run the 40 but not do drills, especially if there is talk about him taking plays off that is possibly hurting his stock?

If somehow he twisted/sprained an ankle, that's be one thing, but in the absence of some injury, why wouldn't he do the drills?
Granted' it's not uncommon for players to skip parts of workouts if they are a top prospect, but considering the top overall pick spot is wide openm not doing the other drills just doesn't seem to make sense.

I don;t think it's a matter of conditioning, because there's time between the 40 yard dash and the other drills.

He seems tremendously talented, but enigmatic.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-07-2022, 11:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 01:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hutchinson. Thibodeaux showed his true colors after he told everyone he was gonna do the full workouts and didn't. He whined after posting a slower time than he wanted on the 40 and sat on the sidelines with a pouty look on his face. I was getting serious Jalen Ramsey vibes from this guy. We don't need another headcase like that on this team. We've been through enough.

I wonder what Thibs was thinking.

Why bother to run the 40 but not do drills, especially if there is talk about him taking plays off that is possibly hurting his stock?

If somehow he twisted/sprained an ankle, that's be one thing, but in the absence of some injury, why wouldn't he do the drills?
Granted' it's not uncommon for players to skip parts of workouts if they are a top prospect, but considering the top overall pick spot is wide openm not doing the other drills just doesn't seem to make sense.

I don;t think it's a matter of conditioning, because there's time between the 40 yard dash and the other drills.

I get the feeling that this kid sees himself in a different light than those from the outside. He seems to have no filter and he says and does things "off script" that rub a lot of people the wrong way. He does things on a whim and it makes him very difficult to read. You got to weigh the physical ability against the cons of bringing this type of personality into your locker room. After I saw Hutchinson's interview and saw how down to Earth he was. The tie between him and Thibodeaux was broken for me. Hutchinson doesn't seem to bring the same baggage to the locker room that Thibodeaux might bring, but he has just as much on the field ability.

Any chance we can get davis and hutchinson lol

(03-07-2022, 09:52 PM)Upper Wrote: The Athletic went WAY different than everyone else on Hutch post combine. All 5 of their staff writers had us taking Neal #1, and then the podcast linked has Brugler and LZ talking about how the NFL doesn't like Hutch like the media/fans do and their impression from the combine is that he may fall some (and they both have Walker going to the Texans at 3). Pretty bizarre for their entire site to be so different than almost everyone else I've seen. I don't agree with them either fwiw.

The Hutch talk starts around 17:20.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/br...0553197449
Interesting that they're worried about Hutchinsons arm length. "The man who gets his hands on the guy first usually wins".

2 months of arm length and 3 cone talk!

(03-08-2022, 09:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Interesting that they're worried about Hutchinsons arm length. "The man who gets his hands on the guy first usually wins".

I was pretty confused by the arm length talk too. There are a ton of very good pass rushers in the league right now with less than 33" arms. Melvin Ingram and his trex arms dispelled the arm length myth for EDGEs years ago. It would be nice to see Hutch add the long arm move to his arsenal though.

(03-08-2022, 10:12 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 09:40 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Interesting that they're worried about Hutchinsons arm length. "The man who gets his hands on the guy first usually wins".

I was pretty confused by the arm length talk too. There are a ton of very good pass rushers in the league right now with less than 33" arms. Melvin Ingram and his trex arms dispelled the arm length myth for EDGEs years ago. It would be nice to see Hutch add the long arm move to his arsenal though.
Yeah best to not overthink this type of thing. Production matter more than arm length.

(03-08-2022, 02:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 11:55 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I wonder what Thibs was thinking.

I get the feeling that this kid sees himself in a different light than those from the outside. He seems to have no filter and he says and does things "off script" that rub a lot of people the wrong way. He does things on a whim and it makes him very difficult to read. You got to weigh the physical ability against the cons of bringing this type of personality into your locker room. After I saw Hutchinson's interview and saw how down to Earth he was. The tie between him and Thibodeaux was broken for me. Hutchinson doesn't seem to bring the same baggage to the locker room that Thibodeaux might bring, but he has just as much on the field ability.

agreed. I'l go further and say it seems he thinks he is smarter than everyone else in the room, any room. I think he likes to jar people with his comments and likes to play mind games with people. This is another part of his schtick. I don't tend to trust people like that. He IS a very good player. Somebody wants him for sure, I just don't think he necessarily wants to go to some of the teams that would pick him given the chance. This guy I do not trust to be a full motor all the time type of player. At #1 you gotta have a player that is going to give it his best all the time. I do not want this guy on our team.

(03-09-2022, 11:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/150134706...fFrsCIsnFw

I just don't see it. The kid is a project. Right now he has no pocket presence and zero instincts. He locks onto receivers and holds the ball way too long. You can get away with that in  college, but not in the NFL. Athletic ability will only get you so far. I just see too much RG3 in him.

(03-09-2022, 11:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 11:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/150134706...fFrsCIsnFw

I just don't see it. The kid is a project. Right now he has no pocket presence and zero instincts. He locks onto receivers and holds the ball way too long. You can get away with that in  college, but not in the NFL. Athletic ability will only get you so far. I just see too much RG3 in him.
I don't buy it either.
However, if people want to talk him up, let them.  If a team believes the hype, maybe they will be willing to offer us a lucrative package to trade up to 1 and get him.

What would y'all think about Lewis Cine at 33? Awesome tape, awesome athlete, Jenkins sure ain't the answer opposite Cisco. I think I'd be very happy. His stock is soaring though so maybe he doesn't even make it there.

I have fallen out of love with basically all of the offensive weapons in the 33 range so looking over to defense and I think Cine could easily be both BAP and fill a big need.

(03-11-2022, 08:45 PM)Upper Wrote: What would y'all think about Lewis Cine at 33? Awesome tape, awesome athlete, Jenkins sure ain't the answer opposite Cisco. I think I'd be very happy. His stock is soaring though so maybe he doesn't even make it there.

I have fallen out of love with basically all of the offensive weapons in the 33 range so looking over to defense and I think Cine could easily be both BAP and fill a big need.
For me, it all depends on who’s available at 33.

Burks, Dotson, Pickens…. I’m taking all of them over Cine.

(03-11-2022, 08:45 PM)Upper Wrote: What would y'all think about Lewis Cine at 33? Awesome tape, awesome athlete, Jenkins sure ain't the answer opposite Cisco. I think I'd be very happy. His stock is soaring though so maybe he doesn't even make it there.

There really is no point in drafting a Safety this year. I liked what I saw from Andre Cisco and I think this coaching staff will have enough common sense to start him. Whether we like it or not, Rayshawn Jenkins will be the other starter for at least this season. Baalke gave him big money and there is way too much in dead cap hit if we cut or trade him. Ford is a good backup as well, so I would ignore the Safety position and focus on other areas of need in this draft. Once we can get Jenkins off the books in 2023 without a substantial cap hit, we can look for a new Safety. This is one of those positions that we just can't fix this season. It will have to wait.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 09:16 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

No, he won't be BAP at 33

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2022, 09:25 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-11-2022, 09:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

There really is no point in drafting a Safety this year. I liked what I saw from Andre Cisco and I think this coaching staff will have enough common sense to start him. Whether we like it or not, Rayshawn Jenkins will be the other starter for at least this season. Baalke gave him big money and there is way too much in dead cap hit if we cut or trade him. Ford is a good backup as well, so I would ignore the Safety position and focus on other areas of need in this draft. Once we can get Jenkins off the books in 2023 without a substantial cap hit, we can look for a new Safety. This is one of those positions that we just can't fix this season. It will have to wait.
If a safety is the top player on our board you take him.  I don't give a [BLEEP] how much money Jenkins makes this year.  There isn't any position we are set at other than QB and RB.  Take BAP even if it's a safety

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2022, 05:22 AM by Bullseye. Edited 1 time in total.)

I heard we just extended Wingard.

Please tell me this isn't true.

(03-11-2022, 09:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I hears we just extended Wingard.

It wasa fake tweet lol

It looks like the talent level is higher for the defensive players than the offensive players in this draft.  There is no way to fix everything this year.  So my bias is to build a fortress around Trevor and give him at least a few weapons.  We've really got to see some good work done by the FO in free agency if we want to use the draft to select BAP which is best for the long term needs of the roster.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(03-11-2022, 09:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Burks, Dotson, Pickens…. I’m taking all of them over Cine.

I want a WR to be BAP or close to it at 33, I just don't think any of them are. Cine is so so good.

(03-11-2022, 09:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 09:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I heard we just extended Wingard.

It wasa fake tweet lol

Thank goodness!