Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL DRAFT ROUNDS 4-7***

(04-27-2024, 05:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I keep seeing a trend that good teams do.

Seattle went offensive line. Pittsburgh went offensive line. Buffalo went offensive line. Green Bay went offensive line. Kansas City went offensive line. Dallas went offensive line.

Those teams dropped 2+ picks on the line this weekend.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Yes, but our management is far smarter than they are, just like Gene Smith was.  They also can be distracted by shiny objects too.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2024, 06:07 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:40 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Kiper likes rhe pick said he had him as 1b kicker in the draft. Big leg and very accurate. Says he's gonna be really good pro.

I don't have a problem with the pick...but please don't bring up Kiper.   He said DeJean was the top CB in the draft.   Even though he may be proven right over time...NO ONE else said that.

Pff had DeJean as the top rated CB as well

Pretty inconceivable to me that we're really trynna run back almost the entire OL.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:14 PM by Craigukjag.)

(04-27-2024, 06:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:00 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: I don’t think your listening to me, I’m not saying I think we have an amazing line, but go back 2 years and the majority of people were happy with the fortner pick , my point is just because fortner is garbage doesn’t mean the centre you’ve heard of in the 6/7th round is going to be better than him. 

Again I agree we should of done more but getting mad about 5/6/7 round picks because they haven’t drafted o-lineman isn’t the time to be getting mad there’s little chance they improve the roster

It doesnt matter how people felt about the pick 2 years ago.  We have seen him play for 2 years now and he was the worst starting center in the league.  He was the 36th or 38th ranked center and there are only 32 teams.  It wouldnt be hard to upgrade Fortner if we drafted a center.  He is a huge liability and if something happens to Morse Trevor is toast again.

Again your not understanding My point about people thinking he was a good pick isn’t about his ability, it’s about we have no idea who will be good in the nfl and the lower you get in a draft the less likely they’ll be a competent starter. Fortner is trash I agree but he’d still beat out most 6/7 round lineman it’s just the reality

(04-27-2024, 06:10 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: Pretty inconceivable to me that we're really trynna run back almost the entire OL.

Name one day 3 rookie who would start for us this year? I get we need depth but there is little chace a day 3 rookie is starting for us barring injury.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-27-2024, 06:13 PM)Craigukjag Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It doesnt matter how people felt about the pick 2 years ago.  We have seen him play for 2 years now and he was the worst starting center in the league.  He was the 36th or 38th ranked center and there are only 32 teams.  It wouldnt be hard to upgrade Fortner if we drafted a center.  He is a huge liability and if something happens to Morse Trevor is toast again.

Again your not understanding My point about people thinking he was a good pick isn’t about his ability, it’s about we have no idea who will be good in the nfl and the lower you get in a draft the less likely they’ll be a competent starter. Fortner is trash I agree but he’d still beat out most 6/7 round lineman it’s just the reality

With respect, friend, he’s not.

Luke is a good dude. He just isn’t a good NFL player. It’s time for him to put his engineering degree to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(04-27-2024, 06:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It doesnt matter how people felt about the pick 2 years ago.  We have seen him play for 2 years now and he was the worst starting center in the league.  He was the 36th or 38th ranked center and there are only 32 teams.  It wouldnt be hard to upgrade Fortner if we drafted a center.  He is a huge liability and if something happens to Morse Trevor is toast again.

So draft a RB and a K instead?

It doesn't matter if the majority of 5/6/7 OL picks don't work out. It's at least worth trying. We are going to ruin Trevor with bad O-Line play.

Let's take a FB to finish out the draft.

(04-27-2024, 06:18 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Let's take a FB to finish out the draft.

That would be very Baalke. Are any FBs recovering from an ACL injury?

Am I crazy? Did the free agent window close?

I feel waaaaaaaaaaaaay more confident in the organization BUYING an offensive lineman than I do them drafting one. It is what it is.
Black Jaguar: Yeah, it's a thing.

It was always the Jags!!!!

(04-27-2024, 06:19 PM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: Am I crazy?  Did the free agent window close?

I feel waaaaaaaaaaaaay more confident in the organization BUYING an offensive lineman than I do them drafting one.  It is what it is.

FA is really the only thing Baalke is good at.

(04-27-2024, 06:17 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:13 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: Again your not understanding My point about people thinking he was a good pick isn’t about his ability, it’s about we have no idea who will be good in the nfl and the lower you get in a draft the less likely they’ll be a competent starter. Fortner is trash I agree but he’d still beat out most 6/7 round lineman it’s just the reality

So draft a RB and a K instead?

It doesn't matter if the majority of 5/6/7 OL picks don't work out. It's at least worth trying. We are going to ruin Trevor with bad O-Line play.

We didn’t draft a rb we drafted a kick returner because of the new kick off rules you have two return men on the field. And honestly we needed a kicker because at the moment we don’t have one that’s capable from over 48 yards

We did the Ravens just draft a C in the 7th when they have Tyler Linderbaum?  Its what smart teams do.  They know if something happens to Linderbaum they would be in trouble.  Some of these centers being drafted late could beat out Fortner.

(04-27-2024, 06:09 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I keep seeing a trend that good teams do.

Seattle went offensive line. Pittsburgh went offensive line. Buffalo went offensive line. Green Bay went offensive line. Kansas City went offensive line. Dallas went offensive line.

Those teams dropped 2+ picks on the line this weekend.

Yes, but our management is far smarter than they are, just like Gene Smith was.  They also can be distracted by shiny objects too.

Are people really saying Dallas is a well run organisation???

In the last ten years alone we been further than them in the playoffs...and we went like, twice LOL

Raiders with a great pick in the 7th, Trey Taylor.

(04-27-2024, 06:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 06:13 PM)Craigukjag Wrote: Again your not understanding My point about people thinking he was a good pick isn’t about his ability, it’s about we have no idea who will be good in the nfl and the lower you get in a draft the less likely they’ll be a competent starter. Fortner is trash I agree but he’d still beat out most 6/7 round lineman it’s just the reality

We did the Ravens just draft a C in the 7th when they have Tyler Linderbaum?  Its what smart teams do.  They know if something happens to Linderbaum they would be in trouble.  Some of these centers being drafted late could beat out Fortner.

With respect , neither of us know if they could beat out fortner it’s all complete guess work for us, but while teams make mistakes they see a lot of of these players to Make educated guesses. With out looking at depth charts I’d guess 2/3 of the league would be in trouble if their starting centre was injured. A 6th round pick doesn’t guarentee your better

Myles Cole DE

Myles Cole makes sense. Again, lengthy, freak athlete.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 06:32 PM by Caldrac.)

Nah. He's an edge at 6'6 270+.

I kinda like Cole. Had him mocked to us several times. Again, makes sense based on Balke's M.O.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."