Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2022 Oline draft prospects

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2022, 01:27 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2022, 11:34 AM)Upper Wrote: We're taking Neal at 1. All but guaranteed.

Lulz, you were just posting the other day saying Cross and Ekwonu passed Neal and were be getting drafted before Neal because some guy ive never heard of and BR had those 2 over Neal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2022, 01:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 11:34 AM)Upper Wrote: We're taking Neal at 1. All but guaranteed.

Lulz, you were just posting the other day saying Cross and Ekwonu passed Neal and were be getting drafted before Neal because some guy ive never heard of and BR had those 2 over Neal.

I didn't say it was the right choice.

(01-11-2022, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 01:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lulz, you were just posting the other day saying Cross and Ekwonu passed Neal and were be getting drafted before Neal because some guy ive never heard of and BR had those 2 over Neal.

I didn't say it was the right choice.
No, you were saying they were going before Neal

Nope, definitely didn't say that either. Read better please.

I think we go Thibs or Hutch with the first pick so that pushes OLine to second round and later. Probably later as we should target a wr in 2nd round. That pushes me towards some of Olinematters suggestions for the 3rd and 4th rounds. I also really am intrigued with Lageman's suggestion today to resigning Cam to a 3 year deal at LT money but move him to RT and install Little at LT. Then you focus on interior linemen where you can get guards and centers in those mid rounds. But a new OLine coach is imperative as well.

(01-11-2022, 12:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-11-2022, 12:03 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Why? You have Little and Robinson. At this point.

It should be:

1. Hutchinson
2. Thibodeaux
3. Trade
4. Neal

Neal's not being touted as a slam dunk LT at the next level. Did I miss something? Is he being lauded as the next Anthony Munoz or Tony Boselli?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Buddy. This whole draft class is weak. It may be the weakest in terms of top tier talent ever.

No one is being touted as anything because they're not really elite. The most elite prospect in this class is Thibs. He has the highest ceiling. Then it's probably Neal.

Hutchinson will probably play in the league for 10 years or so and average 8 sacks a season. That's pretty good but I'm not sure he will ever be elite.

I agree. Said it a a few times in numerous threads. Not a fan of this draft's first round prospects. It reeks of 2013 for me. My fear is that we'll see them draft a Joeckel at T again and miss out on Ansah type DE in Thibodeaux or Hutchinson. I would love a trade down. That's my dream. I doubt it will happen. But, a man can dream. 

My hope is that a QB needy team falls in love with one of these prospects and offers some type of trade. I don't need an outrageous amount of picks. Would be more than happy with a 1st RD swap and a 2nd RD pick with a future pick or a pair of RD1's for just our number one overall. 

Would be happy with Tyler Linderbaum + Treylon Burks or Jordan Davis + Jameson Williams.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I wonder why Tyler Linderbaum has yet to declare for the draft? He should be no later than a mid first rounder.

(01-13-2022, 06:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I wonder why Tyler Linderbaum has yet to declare for the draft? He should be no later than a mid first rounder.

Have we found out what his injury in the bowl game was? Looked pretty serious, maybe he's waiting for more info on the severity of that before declaring or not?

Linderbaum declared this morning.

(01-14-2022, 11:17 AM)Upper Wrote: Linderbaum declared this morning.

So did Safety Lewis Cine of Georgia. I'm just waiting on Nakobe Dean, Travon Walker and Jordan Battle.

Tyler Smith from Tulsa declared. He played LT in college but will most likely play guard in the NFL. He is big and NASTY. He doesn’t just block people, he drives them into the ground. If you haven’t seen him yet, go watch some of his videos on Twitter.

I would love to pick him up on day 2 and play him at LG.

How would y'all feel if we took Kenyon Green at 33? A high upside guard prospect that could possibly play some T. I think if he falls we have to we have to look there as well. He could be one of those players that fall

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2022, 04:34 PM by Upper. Edited 1 time in total.)

Same answer as Salyer, just too rich to take a guard that high in this class.

I think all of (in no particular order I'm just sorting through lists) Parham, West, Strange, Jurgens, Lindstrom, Poe, Ford, Deaton, Tom, Paul, Thomas, Bruss, Wattenburg, Zakelj and probably others I don't personally know all have nice starting potential. IOL is just stacked this draft.

Take a couple of the ones that slip to day 3 and let them battle it out.

(03-20-2022, 04:32 PM)Upper Wrote: Same answer as Salyer, just too rich to take a guard that high in this class.

I think all of (in no particular order I'm just sorting through lists) Parham, West, Strange, Jurgens, Lindstrom, Poe, Ford, Deaton, Tom, Paul, Thomas, Bruss, Wattenburg, Zakelj and probably others I don't personally know all have nice starting potential. IOL is just stacked this draft.

Take a couple of the ones that slip to day 3 and let them battle it out.

I already knew your answer.  Most don't feel the way you do on the importance of the olineman.  I don't think guard is the most important position but with how the league is right now some of the best players in the league are interior dline so it's still a important position.  If a guard falls to 33 and I have him as the highest rated player available, I'm taking him.

(03-20-2022, 04:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How would y'all feel if we took Kenyon Green at 33? A high upside guard prospect that could possibly play some T. I think if he falls we have to we have to look there as well. He could be one of those players that fall

Oh my god I just saw his updated jumps and SS. No way in you know where am I taking that at 33.

(03-20-2022, 04:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: How would y'all feel if we took Kenyon Green at 33?  A high upside guard prospect that could possibly play some T.  I think if he falls we have to we have to look there as well.  He could be one of those players that fall

Green was never even on my radar. There were times he really struggled in pass protection. He is a much better run blocker than he is a pass protector. I think he should be a full-time OG and even then, I believe he will be average at best.