Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who would you take, 2022 edition

From what it sounds like, the NFL likes Tyler Smith way too much for my taste. So what if he is a nasty run blocker, he is an awful pass blocker and that's way more important. I've heard that he is a fringe first rounder and I wouldn't even consider him with 65/70.

Paul and Strange were two of the big winners from the testing they both killed it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-05-2022, 11:40 AM)Upper Wrote: From what it sounds like, the NFL likes Tyler Smith way too much for my taste. So what if he is a nasty run blocker, he is an awful pass blocker and that's way more important. I've heard that he is a fringe first rounder and I wouldn't even consider him with 65/70.

Paul and Strange were two of the big winners from the testing they both killed it.

Personally, I see Tyler Smith as a 3rd round project. I believe he's be a good fit in Seattle.

(03-05-2022, 11:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 08:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I think Tyler Snith is a guy the Jaguars will target depending on how free agency and the first 2-3 rounds of the draft go.

Watching Daniel Jeremiah (?) or whatever NFLN talking head talk about him, he's like a poor man's Mike Iupati, who was a dominant college lineman who went to San Francisco while Baalke was there (2010).  Iupati had issues with hand placement (too wide) that led to holding penalties.  Davis had some 11 holding penalties last year for Tulsa, but watching him, he played with a lot of power and had decent athleticism for his size.  It's not like he was getting whipped at the point of attack and lunged to desperately grab a guy barrelling towards his QB.

I could easily see Baalke trying to replicate the Iupati pick with this guy, and I think I might like that.

Personally, I prefer Smith's former teammate, Chris Paul as an OG. I just think he is just a little more pro ready. I'd rather focus early on an interior O-Lineman who could slide over to Center. If we do keep Brandon Linder, which is a longshot given his contract and injury history, he's only here for another year and he's more likely gonna get cut, which would create an immediate need. I really like Cole Strange of Chattanooga. He caught my eye late in the year. He's played OT and OG in college and during the Senior Bowl, they had him playing Center and he looked right at home.

Well you just did it. That earmarks him for a prime Baalke target since he Highly values versatility in a player. In fact, it sounded like that is Baalke's prime consideration based on his interview the other day. Watch Baalke take him at 33 now.

(03-05-2022, 02:31 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 11:36 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I prefer Smith's former teammate, Chris Paul as an OG. I just think he is just a little more pro ready. I'd rather focus early on an interior O-Lineman who could slide over to Center. If we do keep Brandon Linder, which is a longshot given his contract and injury history, he's only here for another year and he's more likely gonna get cut, which would create an immediate need. I really like Cole Strange of Chattanooga. He caught my eye late in the year. He's played OT and OG in college and during the Senior Bowl, they had him playing Center and he looked right at home.

Well you just did it. That earmarks him for a prime Baalke target since he Highly values versatility in a player. In fact, it sounded like that is Baalke's prime consideration based on his interview the other day. Watch Baalke take him at 33 now.

I don't know about #33, but if we get a good WR in round 2 and Strange is still on the board when we pick in round 3, I'd take him.

Right now, for me, it's going to be:

1. Aidan Hutchinson - DE - Michigan
33. Jahan Dotson - WR - Penn State
65. Chad Muma - ILB - Wyoming
70. Jelani Woods - TE - Virginia
105. Jamaree Salyer - G - Georgia
157. Kellen Diesch - OT - Arizona State

Didn't go beyond RD5. Personally, with four picks in RD6 I would like to see them try and sneak back into the high 80's - 120's somehow and land another WR or OL. But, as it stands. I think those six players offer plenty of value and starting potential to the team by far.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-06-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Right now, for me, it's going to be:

1. Aidan Hutchinson - DE - Michigan
33. Jahan Dotson - WR - Penn State
65. Chad Muma - ILB - Wyoming
70. Jelani Woods - TE - Virginia
105. Jamaree Salyer - G - Georgia
157. Kellen Diesch - OT - Arizona State

Didn't go beyond RD5. Personally, with four picks in RD6 I would like to see them try and sneak back into the high 80's - 120's somehow and land another WR or OL. But, as it stands. I think those six players offer plenty of value and starting potential to the team by far.

If that happened, I may die from shock and pure joy. That would be as perfect a draft as I could imagine.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2022, 01:50 PM by I am Yoda. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm not sure there won't be an opportunity to trade out of #1.  There are qb-needy teams who are going to miss out on the FA sweepstakes.  Washington, Denver, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Carolina, Tampa.  Someone's going to have to leapfrog Carolina at #6 to get Pickett or Willis.  Because of their multiple picks, the Giants #5 is probably where the initial action will be.  But with 4 other teams needing a qb, I think the competition to get up to the top of the draft may work for us.  (Especially now that Detroit is doing a 2nd official interview with Pickett. Thanks, Lions!)

Sure, we'd miss Hutchinson.  He is clearly the #1, imo.  But trading back and picking up a couple of additional day 2 picks would be huge for us.  And there are above average edge prospects to be had in the first 20 picks this year.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(03-06-2022, 06:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 157. Kellen Diesch - OT - Arizona State

Diesch and Lucas were already late day 2/early day 3 guys before they blew the doors off the combine. I think they're both firmly day 2 guys now. That said, I'd still be happy with one of them at 65 or 70.

(03-06-2022, 08:53 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I'm not sure there won't be an opportunity to trade out of #1.  There are qb-needy teams who are going to miss out on the FA sweepstakes.  Washington, Denver, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Carolina, Tampa.  Someone's going to have to leapfrog Carolina at #6 to get Pickett or Willis.  Because of their multiple picks, the Giants #5 is probably where the initial action will be.  But with 4 other teams needing a qb, I think the competition to get up to the top of the draft may work for us.  (Especially now that Detroit is doing a 2nd official interview with Pickett.  Thanks, Lions!)

Sure, we'd miss Hutchinson.  He is clearly the #1, imo.  But trading back and picking up a couple of additional day 2 picks would be huge for us.  And there are above average edge prospects to be had in the first 20 picks this year.
Best case scenario, no doubt. I still don't think it's likely in the slightest but it will be interesting to see if the buzz around the QBs builds over the next month or two. It usually does tbh. I think Willis is the one to watch, live arm, live legs, has the type of profile that could get carried on the hype train...

(03-07-2022, 10:54 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 08:53 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I'm not sure there won't be an opportunity to trade out of #1.  There are qb-needy teams who are going to miss out on the FA sweepstakes.  Washington, Denver, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Carolina, Tampa.  Someone's going to have to leapfrog Carolina at #6 to get Pickett or Willis.  Because of their multiple picks, the Giants #5 is probably where the initial action will be.  But with 4 other teams needing a qb, I think the competition to get up to the top of the draft may work for us.  (Especially now that Detroit is doing a 2nd official interview with Pickett.  Thanks, Lions!)

Best case scenario, no doubt. I still don't think it's likely in the slightest but it will be interesting to see if the buzz around the QBs builds over the next month or two. It usually does tbh. I think Willis is the one to watch, live arm, live legs, has the type of profile that could get carried on the hype train...

The problem with Willis is that he lacks any kind of instincts or pocket presence. That was obvious at the Senior Bowl. He held the ball way too long, locked onto receivers and was extremely indecisive. He reminds me of RG3.

(03-07-2022, 10:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 10:54 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Best case scenario, no doubt. I still don't think it's likely in the slightest but it will be interesting to see if the buzz around the QBs builds over the next month or two. It usually does tbh. I think Willis is the one to watch, live arm, live legs, has the type of profile that could get carried on the hype train...

The problem with Willis is that he lacks any kind of instincts or pocket presence. That was obvious at the Senior Bowl. He held the ball way too long, locked onto receivers and was extremely indecisive. He reminds me of RG3.
I agree about his limitations, but I still think he's the type of player that can get buzzy at this stage of the process. Teams will look at those flaws as coachable traits, and the physical tools will dominate the discourse. I doubt the buzz will be enough to get him in play for the first pick, but you never know. Kyler Murray going first seemed very unlikely a few months before that draft...

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2022, 01:01 PM by DTWD4∞. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-05-2022, 04:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-05-2022, 02:31 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: Well you just did it. That earmarks him for a prime Baalke target since he Highly values versatility in a player. In fact, it sounded like that is Baalke's prime consideration based on his interview the other day. Watch Baalke take him at 33 now.

I don't know about #33, but if we get a good WR in round 2 and Strange is still on the board when we pick in round 3, I'd take him.

LOL, I forgot to put in a sarc emoji.  At our second third round pick i wouldn't be unhappy. I want our first three picks to have a WR and TE if the value is there. 1st round is prolly OLine but hope it is Edge

Who do yall think is better prospect? Who do you like better? Freiermuth vs McBride

Last years best TE vs this years

(03-07-2022, 01:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Who do yall think is better prospect?  Who do you like better?  Freiermuth vs McBride

Last years best TE vs this years

McBride. He has better hands and more big play ability.