Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Defensive Tackle

DT is my #1 need heading into the draft and FA. Still drafting best available player, but we could really use a 6 to 8 sack DT that can penetrate and allow Josh Allen to do his thing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-04-2024, 07:37 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 11:42 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Spoilers: He won't.

And why not ?

Renaldo Wynn, Derrick Harvey, Quinton Groves, Tyson Alualu and Taven Bryan come to mind

(03-04-2024, 10:33 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 07:37 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: And why not ?

Tyson Alualu 
He has had a really good NFL career and spent several years as a starter on playoff defensive lines.

(03-04-2024, 08:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: DT is my #1 need heading into the draft and FA. Still drafting best available player, but we could really use a 6 to 8 sack DT that can penetrate and allow Josh Allen to do his thing.

Then go get Calais
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 07:29 AM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-05-2024, 01:45 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 08:18 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: DT is my #1 need heading into the draft and FA. Still drafting best available player, but we could really use a 6 to 8 sack DT that can penetrate and allow Josh Allen to do his thing.

Then go get Calais

I’d take future hall of famer Calais Campbell in a heart beat. 

12 sacks over the last 2 seasons with 6.5 last season with a career high 34 assisted tackles. He also forced a fumble and added a safety. Fatukasi and Hamilton combined has produced that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 08:58 AM by Mikey.)

(03-04-2024, 04:05 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: That's rough. I agree with the cut itself but the optics of it isn't perfect. Anyway, onto next one...

I mean, they let him go before FA begins so he can compete with other FA to get a deal done, would have looked a lot worse to dump him in three weeks after all the deals are inked.

I doubt the social media team are privy to GM discussions regarding roster retention. The two posts are completely independent of one another.

(03-04-2024, 04:09 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: They probably have the birthday tweets scheduled in advance with HootSuite or something similar. It's funny though.  In their process flow charts, they should add a rule to check the player's birthdate before cutting them and wait a day if it's something like this.

I highly doubt Foley cared one way or another about the timing of a tweet.

(03-04-2024, 07:37 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 11:42 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: Spoilers: He won't.

And why not ?

Why should we write of the kid going into year 2
Our new DC is known for bringing out the best in players so I don't see why not

I believe the statement was more a critique of Lacy's ability to be developed than a condemnation on our current staff of coaches.

At least I took it that way.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 09:07 AM by Mikey.)

If it is, do we look at Murphy at 17, slide back and look to someone else?

I don't think FA is the route to address this need. The darft is suuuuuuuuper deep at this position and the vets that are available are either going to be high priced or oft injured.
Kinda think the depth of the darft is what led to letting Foley go. $4-5M to keep him around wasn't THAT big a sacrifice.

I dunno if they think Ham is that penetrate and disrupt guy and we need the fireplug to occupy space, or if they just want light in the pants guys that are going to pursue and win the track meet, so to speak. With this FO, the minute you think they are trending one way, they'll do something to completely contradict that pattern.

(03-04-2024, 10:33 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote:
(03-04-2024, 07:37 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: And why not ?

Renaldo Wynn, Derrick Harvey, Quinton Groves, Tyson Alualu and Taven Bryan come to mind

I'm kinda feeling lazy today, can you provide a list of coaches or scouting staff that were around 15-20 years ago that are still employed by the team?

Much thanks in advance.