Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mock Draft - 2024

I would rather pick up a corner in free agency and take one of the right tackles in the 1st.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-01-2024, 05:51 PM)wg171 Wrote: I would rather pick up a corner in free agency and take one of the right tackles in the 1st.

Sound logic.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Made a bunch of trades on PFN's simulator this time. 

Swapped picks 17 and 233 with Tampa Bay for picks 26 and 56. 
Swapped pick 116 with New Orleans for picks 148, 166 & 173.

26th - Jackson Powers-Johnson - C - Oregon 
48th - Cooper Beebe - OG - Kansas St. 
57th - Darius Robinson - EDGE - Missouri 
79th - Ruke Orhorhoro - DT - Clemson
96th - Roger Rosengarten - OT - Washington
148th - Brenden Rice - WR - USC
151st - Javion Cohen - OG - Miami (FL)
166th - Mohamed Kamara - EDGE - Colorado St. 
173rd - Ainia Smith - WR/RB - Texas A&M
194th - Gabe Hall - DT - Baylor
210th - Storm Duck - CB - Louisville

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

No trades this time. Use NFL Mock Draft Database simulator. Pleasantly surprised how this all came out, and, by far, it's one of my favorite one's but I highly doubt it would fall this way in real life. Great value picks in my opinion. 

17th - Brock Bowers - TE - Georgia
48th - T'Vondre Sweat - DT - Texas
96th - Michael Hall Jr. - DT - Ohio St. 
114th - Christian Haynes - C/RG - UConn
116th - Ainias Smith - WR/RB - Texas A&M
151st - Dominick Paul - LT/LG - Kansas
194th - Jaylin Simpson - CB - Auburn
210th - Richard Jibunor - EDGE - Troy
233rd - Jaylen Harrell - EDGE - Michigan

(02-02-2024, 05:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: No trades this time. Use NFL Mock Draft Database simulator. Pleasantly surprised how this all came out, and, by far, it's one of my favorite one's but I highly doubt it would fall this way in real life. Great value picks in my opinion. 

I can't see anyone complaining if the Jaguars took Bowers. Can't see him falling, but this is a case where taking value over need is a no-brainer. No way Sweat makes it to 48, either. Your other mock would be more likely to happen and I like doubling up on the interior linemen.

I'd love if we could somehow get roman

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 12:15 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-03-2024, 03:11 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-02-2024, 05:06 PM)Caldrac Wrote: No trades this time. Use NFL Mock Draft Database simulator. Pleasantly surprised how this all came out, and, by far, it's one of my favorite one's but I highly doubt it would fall this way in real life. Great value picks in my opinion. 

I can't see anyone complaining if the Jaguars took Bowers. Can't see him falling, but this is a case where taking value over need is a no-brainer. No way Sweat makes it to 48, either. Your other mock would be more likely to happen and I like doubling up on the interior linemen.

You absolutely take Bowers if he fell to our pick.  I'd honestly think about trading up a few if he even started to get close to our spot.  I think Bowers is the next great TEs with  LA Porta after Kelce and Kittle retire.    I think he goes in the top 7 picks. I think DJ is way off in his Bowers mock.  If he fell to around 13 or 14 though.

I'm starting to think Fuaga won't be there at 17 now as well.  JPJ is starting to be who I want if he has a great combine.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 09:17 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

I just hope we don't take Guyton at 17 which Baalke probably will because of his size and length. Guyton was getting beat in the Senior Bowl practices as well. I love his size but 17 is a bit high for me and Latham, Fuaga, and Mims are all about the same size. A lot of huge tackles this year

https://x.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/17534...43616?s=20

I ran one last week where the RNG left Joe Alt on the board at 17. If only!!

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 03:44 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

One scout at the Senior Bowl said JPJ will be a top 5 Center the day he steps on the field for which ever team drafts him

(02-05-2024, 02:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One scout at the Senior Bowl said JPJ will be a top 5 Center the day he's steps on the field for which ever team drafts him

I'm inclined to agree with you and would take him at 17 unless Bowers is there ( no way ). It's likely he will be on the board and is about as safe a pick as you will find in this draft ( unless he gets the Michael Cheever curse). They can then address guard and interior pass rush in free agency knowing they'll get their center in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 03:44 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-05-2024, 03:35 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 02:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One scout at the Senior Bowl said JPJ will be a top 5 Center the day he's steps on the field for which ever team drafts him

I'm inclined to agree with you and would take him at 17 unless Bowers is there ( no way ). It's likely he will be on the board and is about as safe a pick as you will find in this draft ( unless he gets the Michael Cheever curse). They can then address guard and interior pass rush in free agency knowing they'll get their center in the draft.

The new PFF mock has JPJ going 16. It's crazy it took the Senior Bowl for people to see how good he is.

(02-05-2024, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 03:35 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm inclined to agree with you and would take him at 17 unless Bowers is there ( no way ). It's likely he will be on the board and is about as safe a pick as you will find in this draft ( unless he gets the Michael Cheever curse). They can then address guard and interior pass rush in free agency knowing they'll get their center in the draft.

The new PFF mock has JPJ going 16.  It's crazy it took the Senior Bowl for people to see how good he is.

Well, if he does go that high the Jaguars have other options- just not at center. Either Fuaga or Latham could be there with both having the mauling style needed on the line.

I see Christian Haynes shot up the board as well. He was consistently in the 70s now he's mocking in the early 50s.

Take a look at the videos at this link and you'll see why:

https://www.courant.com/2024/02/04/uconn...nior-bowl/
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-05-2024, 04:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The new PFF mock has JPJ going 16.  It's crazy it took the Senior Bowl for people to see how good he is.

Well, if he does go that high the Jaguars have other options- just not at center. Either Fuaga or Latham could be there with both having the mauling style needed on the line.
Oh for sure.  There will be a few great players available when we pick, we just got to make the right pick

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2024, 05:42 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-05-2024, 05:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 04:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Well, if he does go that high the Jaguars have other options- just not at center. Either Fuaga or Latham could be there with both having the mauling style needed on the line.
Oh for sure.  There will be a few great players available when we pick, we just got to make the right pick

It will be interesting to see what the tacks do at 7 and what the clots do at 15. If they both opt to go WR early you could make a strong case that CB all of a sudden looks good at 17 if the value is right.

Nightmare scenario would be Bowers, Nabers and Odunze in this division.

(02-05-2024, 06:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/movethesticks/status...915L-t18Xg

Give me three guys picked at the numbers they'll wear. A 50 something, 60 something and 70 something.

If you could exit the draft with one of these three combos would you and which?

1. JPJ, Beebe, Goncalves

2. Frazier, Haynes, Guyton

3. Van Pran, Zinter, Fuaga
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-05-2024, 07:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 06:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/movethesticks/status...915L-t18Xg

Give me three guys picked at the numbers they'll wear. A 50 something, 60 something and 70 something.

If you could exit the draft with one of these three combos would you and which?

1. JPJ, Beebe, Goncalves

2. Frazier, Haynes, Guyton

3. Van Pran, Zinter, Fuaga
This is a tough one. I'd definitely not take choice 3 since Van Pran may lack strength (see Fortner) and Zinter is coming off the injury. Choices 1 and 2 are close to a toss-up, but I worry about Guyton's experience as well as bust potential. Therefore, I'd choose number 1. JPJ looks like an immediate starter with the potential to make several pro-bowls at center. Goncalves is versatile and has the tough temperament the team could use. Beebe is somewhat limited, but is also very tough and could eventually become a solid starter.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2024, 08:51 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 3 times in total.)

(02-05-2024, 05:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 05:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh for sure.  There will be a few great players available when we pick, we just got to make the right pick

It will be interesting to see what the tacks do at 7 and what the clots do at 15. If they both opt to go WR early you could make a strong case that CB all of a sudden looks good at 17 if the value is right.

Nightmare scenario would be Bowers, Nabers and Odunze in this division.

2 of them could be in the division, not 3.  Id honestly rather the Titans get one of the WRs than Joe Alt.  I think Alt will be a perennial All Pro. Hes the best tackle prospect to come out since Sewell imo and one of the better tackle prospects in recent memory. He's a monster at 6'8" and moves great for his size, he is a beast run blocker and pass blocker. Alt and Harrison Jr are the 2 best prospects in this class imo and the elite, with that said QB will be taken first because of the position