Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mock Draft - 2024

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2024, 10:30 AM by Caldrac.)

(02-05-2024, 07:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 06:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/movethesticks/status...915L-t18Xg

Give me three guys picked at the numbers they'll wear. A 50 something, 60 something and 70 something.

If you could exit the draft with one of these three combos would you and which?

1. JPJ, Beebe, Goncalves

2. Frazier, Haynes, Guyton

3. Van Pran, Zinter, Fuaga

I would take option 1 in this scenario and not lose any sleep over it.

(02-06-2024, 08:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 05:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote: It will be interesting to see what the tacks do at 7 and what the clots do at 15. If they both opt to go WR early you could make a strong case that CB all of a sudden looks good at 17 if the value is right.

Nightmare scenario would be Bowers, Nabers and Odunze in this division.

2 of them could be in the division, not 3.  Id honestly rather the Titans get one of the WRs than Joe Alt.  I think Alt will be a perennial All Pro. Hes the best tackle prospect to come out since Sewell imo and one of the better tackle prospects in recent memory.  He's a monster at 6'8" and moves great for his size, he is a beast run blocker and pass blocker.  Alt and Harrison Jr are the 2 best prospects in this class imo and the elite, with that said QB will be taken first because of the position

I think after what happened with Rodgers last year, Alt is more than likely a Jet.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-05-2024, 07:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 06:14 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/movethesticks/status...915L-t18Xg

Give me three guys picked at the numbers they'll wear. A 50 something, 60 something and 70 something.

1. JPJ, Beebe, Goncalves

Option 1 definitely. Mainly because I think JPJ is the best player out of the entire list and Beebe will also be good. Don’t know much about Goncalves but JPJ is going to be a stud from day 1.

(02-06-2024, 10:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 07:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Give me three guys picked at the numbers they'll wear. A 50 something, 60 something and 70 something.

1. JPJ, Beebe, Goncalves

I would take option 1 in this scenario and not lose any sleep over it.

(02-06-2024, 08:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 2 of them could be in the division, not 3.  Id honestly rather the Titans get one of the WRs than Joe Alt.  I think Alt will be a perennial All Pro. Hes the best tackle prospect to come out since Sewell imo and one of the better tackle prospects in recent memory.  He's a monster at 6'8" and moves great for his size, he is a beast run blocker and pass blocker.  Alt and Harrison Jr are the 2 best prospects in this class imo and the elite, with that said QB will be taken first because of the position

I think after what happened with Rodgers last year, Alt is more than likely a Jet.

If he is there when they pick absolutely.  I just don't think he makes it that far

(02-05-2024, 05:42 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-05-2024, 05:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Oh for sure.  There will be a few great players available when we pick, we just got to make the right pick

It will be interesting to see what the tacks do at 7 and what the clots do at 15. If they both opt to go WR early you could make a strong case that CB all of a sudden looks good at 17 if the value is right.

Nightmare scenario would be Bowers, Nabers and Odunze in this division.

As far as CB at 17, I think Mtichel, DeJean, and Arnold are all pretty close to me and any of the 3 would be good value there.  Cant wait to see how the combine and FA shakes out.

The lower the number the better
https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...9602913739

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2024, 10:30 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-06-2024, 10:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote: The lower the number the better

That confirms Mitchell and DeJean are my top 2 corners.

Here are the ratings in Zone Coverage 

CB NFL Rating Allowed (Zone):

1.7- Nate Wiggins
35.0- Cooper DeJean
45.5- TJ Tampa
51.4- Khyree Jackson
58.4- Terrion Arnold
63.0- Kamari Lassiter
77.3- Kool-Aid McKinstry

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2024, 09:50 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

(02-07-2024, 08:08 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:

Here are the ratings in Zone Coverage 

1.7- Nate Wiggins
35.0- Cooper DeJean
45.5- TJ Tampa
51.4- Khyree Jackson
58.4- Terrion Arnold
63.0- Kamari Lassiter
77.3- Kool-Aid McKinstry

Nielsen played more man than any defense in the league last year so if we go corner in the first he will look at the best corners in man first.  DeJean very good in both along with being a good returner. Where is Mitchell on that list because I know he is very good in zone as well?

(02-07-2024, 08:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-07-2024, 08:08 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Here are the ratings in Zone Coverage 

1.7- Nate Wiggins
35.0- Cooper DeJean
45.5- TJ Tampa
51.4- Khyree Jackson
58.4- Terrion Arnold
63.0- Kamari Lassiter
77.3- Kool-Aid McKinstry

Nielsen played more man than any defense in the league last year so if we go corner in the first he will look at the best corners in man first.  DeJean very good in both along with being a good returner.  Where is Mitchell on that list because I know he is very good in zone as well?
No doubt, there are some very good cornerbacks in this draft. I just don't see that taking one in the 1st round would be wise. Campbell was considered by many a top 10 corner prior to getting hurt and his play definitely suffered upon returning. Darious Williams had a very good season- possibly his best since becoming a pro. He is home grown and would likely be more than willing to re-structure his deal. The $10 million cap hit is definitely something that could be adjusted. Just because Nielson has preferred man coverage doesn't mean he is incapable of utilizing different schemes which factor in each player's skillset. Offensive or defensive line should be the priority in the early rounds unless someone drops significantly below where they are predicted to go. Bowers, Odunze and Nabers would fall ito that category- especially if they let Ridley walk. Still would be a hard decision between these 3 players, JPJ and Fuaga. That's why they need to be active in free agency by signing one of the top guards and possibly a center.

(02-07-2024, 11:38 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(02-07-2024, 08:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Nielsen played more man than any defense in the league last year so if we go corner in the first he will look at the best corners in man first.  DeJean very good in both along with being a good returner.  Where is Mitchell on that list because I know he is very good in zone as well?
No doubt, there are some very good cornerbacks in this draft. I just don't see that taking one in the 1st round would be wise. Campbell was considered by many a top 10 corner prior to getting hurt and his play definitely suffered upon returning. Darious Williams had a very good season- possibly his best since becoming a pro. He is home grown and would likely be more than willing to re-structure his deal. The $10 million cap hit is definitely something that could be adjusted. Just because Nielson has preferred man coverage doesn't mean he is incapable of utilizing different schemes which factor in each player's skillset. Offensive or defensive line should be the priority in the early rounds unless someone drops significantly below where they are predicted to go. Bowers, Odunze and Nabers would fall ito that category- especially if they let Ridley walk. Still would be a hard decision between these 3 players, JPJ and Fuaga. That's why they need to be active in free agency by signing one of the top guards and possibly a center.
I definitely think both lines is priority but even if we keep Williams corner is still a need.  Herndon is gone,  Williams will be 31 next month, and Campbell is a FA next year.  The 3 guys you mentioned I think goes in the top 10 but Fuaga and JPJ are my top guys i want who I feel could fall tonus but if they are gone DeJean or Mitchell might be 2a and 2b for me.  I really like Newton but I think he will be to small for Balkee.  Nielsen could adjust his schemes but if he has his pick of the litter I think he will favor a guy that's really good in man

Jags really shouldn't (final last words I know) be able to mess this draft up. This draft is so deep at corner, Oline and WR. Those are the top 3 needs of this team. They could theoretically walk away from this draft with:

JPJ
Troy Franklin
Haynes
Renardo Green

DT is a bigger need than WR or corner imo

(02-07-2024, 08:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-07-2024, 08:08 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Here are the ratings in Zone Coverage 

1.7- Nate Wiggins
35.0- Cooper DeJean
45.5- TJ Tampa
51.4- Khyree Jackson
58.4- Terrion Arnold
63.0- Kamari Lassiter
77.3- Kool-Aid McKinstry

Nielsen played more man than any defense in the league last year so if we go corner in the first he will look at the best corners in man first.  DeJean very good in both along with being a good returner.  Where is Mitchell on that list because I know he is very good in zone as well?

Looks like an oversight - same source as the man stats

OL/DL/WR makes more sense unless they are sold on a CB as All Pro upside

We have yet to make a bad decision rd 1 over the last 3 years

Tlaw, Etn, Walker , Anton

All have been good picks, hope that streak continues

I have seen alot of jags fans saying to draft JPJ first

(02-09-2024, 12:00 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: We have yet to make a bad decision rd 1 over the last 3 years

Tlaw, Etn, Walker , Anton

All have been good picks, hope that streak continues

Lloyd in there too, right?

(02-09-2024, 03:30 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: I have seen alot of jags fans saying to draft JPJ first

Desperation is sometimes a smelly cologne. I ain't against it in theory, as he's top of his position and it meets glaring need, but a lot of the decision will weigh on who you pass up to make the pick.

I definitely have him high on the board at or near where our pick currently falls.

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2024, 10:21 AM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

When it comes to Jackson Powers-Johnson. If he's sitting there on the board at pick 17, and, your scouting department, your value board and your coaching staff has come to conclusion, that, he's on par with guys like Jason Kelce, Kevin Mawae, Alex Mack or Travis Frederick, it's an easy decision for me. You take him and you don't lose any sleep over it. You're addressing THE weakest starting point on the entire active roster with an All-Pro caliber player.

If you have any doubts or hesitations within those lines of thinking and reasoning? Next man up on the board. I think this team is [BLEEP]. Regardless of what they do in March. They're going to have to either more than likely:

A. Overdraft players in certain positions.
B. Trade up to get players in certain positions before they're nabbed.

This is the downside of being an average football team. You're not bad enough to have pick of the litter at key positions at the top of the rounds but you're also not good enough to have most of the guess work eliminated for you in the bottom half of the rounds where everything has been weeded out and it's more forgiving if you whiff on a player.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C28qJz2OY...NHVjcnFsbw==

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

(02-09-2024, 10:19 AM)Caldrac Wrote: When it comes to Jackson Powers-Johnson. If he's sitting there on the board at pick 17, and, your scouting department, your value board and your coaching staff has come to conclusion, that, he's on par with guys like Jason Kelce, Kevin Mawae, Alex Mack or Travis Frederick, it's an easy decision for me. You take him and you don't lose any sleep over it. You're addressing THE weakest starting point on the entire active roster with an All-Pro caliber player.

If you have any doubts or hesitations within those lines of thinking and reasoning? Next man up on the board. I think this team is [BLEEP]. Regardless of what they do in March. They're going to have to either more than likely:

A. Overdraft players in certain positions.
B. Trade up to get players in certain positions before they're nabbed.

This is the downside of being an average football team. You're not bad enough to have pick of the litter at key positions at the top of the rounds but you're also not good enough to have most of the guess work eliminated for you in the bottom half of the rounds where everything has been weeded out and it's more forgiving if you whiff on a player.

Hopefully the Jaguars will do a good job in free agency so they won't have to reach or trade up to address certain positions of need. The 2 most critical need areas are on the interior of both lines. I'll be disappointed if they don't sign at least 2 new starting players for the lines. My top options are Hunt or Dotson on the offensive side and Wilkins or Reader for the defense. The defensive players are likely to cost more (especially Wilkins) so they may opt to address that in the draft. Receiver and edge rusher would be next in line as far as need areas. No reason they can't address all these areas between free agency and the draft. Releasing Robinson, Scherff, Jenkins and Fatukasi and restructuring Oluakun and D. Williams should enable them to be fairly aggressive in free agency which would include a new contract for Josh Allen.