Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***2024 NFL DRAFT ROUNDS 4-7***

(04-27-2024, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 01:01 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Wait… you’re upset because we picked someone holds himself to a high standard?

He got owned.  It's gonna happen a lot at the next level.  I wonder how many helmets he will throw in camp?

Chris Jones has reps where he gets owned, it happens.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jefferson seems like a big reach by consensus.

That’s a big issue I have with Baalke. He doesn’t know value on the later rounds and gets infatuated with his guys and reaches for them.

(04-27-2024, 01:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Love these picks.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Bro!!! Same!!!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 01:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-27-2024, 01:08 PM)Jags32250 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He got owned.  It's gonna happen a lot at the next level.  I wonder how many helmets he will throw in camp?

Chris Jones has reps where he gets owned, it happens.
Did I miss where he ripped the guys helmet off and threw it across the field?  He takes it like a man and moves to the next rep

Jaylen Wright a steal for Miami in the 4th after they took Achane in the 3rd last year

Every player in NFL history on every team gets owned. Every player on an NFL roster is the most elite football players on the planet.

Everyone of them have elite, world class talent that less than 1% of the world has. Getting owned is part of football.

(04-27-2024, 01:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jefferson seems like a big reach by consensus.

That’s a big issue I have with Baalke. He doesn’t know value on the later rounds and gets infatuated with his guys and reaches for them.

Kamara is a sack machine and was sitting there.  I think he would have helped the D more

(04-27-2024, 01:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He got owned.  It's gonna happen a lot at the next level.  I wonder how many helmets he will throw in camp?
Owned? I saw a stalemate there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Looks like he thought the drill was over and the UConn guy kept pushing him.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Crazy how much influence Matt House has on this draft

I can't be critical of these two 4th round picks. Foster is likely to play inside, but he does have the versatility to play both positions.Time will tell if he turns out better than the other OL we have talked more about. Jefferson was a surprise since they seem to have a greater need for Edge rushers than DT. They are loading upon these big guys so teams will not be able to run on the Jags like last season.

(04-27-2024, 01:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Jefferson seems like a big reach by consensus.

He was a projected 6th round pick. Seems Balkie likes to strike a couple of rounds early and often.

4 picks left Do ewe even want an Edge that is left at this point? More IOL and DB for sure. How about a kicker, like the Bama one?

(04-27-2024, 01:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 01:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Not at all, he's upset because he saw a single Senior Bowl rep on Twitter and based his entire worldview on that 4 second clip.
Does production count?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan-jef...84ab6f9a54

For a nose tackle? Not really.

(04-27-2024, 01:17 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: 4 picks left Do ewe even want an Edge that is left at this point? More IOL and DB for sure. How about a kicker, like the Bama one?

After Adisa Isaac all that was left is Abdullah quality rushers. This was not a deep draft for edge guys at all.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-27-2024, 01:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 01:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Does production count?

(04-27-2024, 01:17 PM)DTWD4∞ Wrote: 4 picks left Do ewe even want an Edge that is left at this point? More IOL and DB for sure. How about a kicker, like the Bama one?

After Adisa Isaac all that was left is Abdullah quality rushers. This was not a deep draft for edge guys at all.
Agreed. Couple more IOL and a DB and a Kicker is what I want to see. Maybe a WR as a ST player

(04-27-2024, 01:16 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I can't be critical of these two 4th round picks. Foster is likely to play inside, but he does have the versatility to play both positions.Time will tell if he turns out better than the other OL we have talked more about. Jefferson was a surprise since they seem to have a greater need for Edge rushers than DT. They are loading upon these big guys so teams will not be able to run on the Jags like last season.

No they don't, the DTs had awful production last year against both the run and the pass. These two picks are a commitment to stopping the run and helping the pass rush. Not sexy by any means, but neither were The Goose and Mt. Washington.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 01:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-27-2024, 01:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 01:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Does production count?

Production absolutely counts for a nose tackle.  You don't care if he can't hold the point and gets abused by the center and guards?  If our NT ain't productive and can't hold his own hand draw double teams along with being a beast against the run he shouldn't even be on the roster

Would have taken Tyler Davis and Leonard Taylor over JJ

Solid OL and DL depth. I would take BAP for the remainder of the draft. (excluding kickers)

Well at least let’s home one of the DTs pans out

So far the Jaguars landed:

-a big body WR in Brian Thomas, with elite 4.33 speed with the ability to score and go up and pull the football down. Thomas scored a TD of 20 yards or more 10 times in 2023, and scored 17 TD total.

-an active 3TDT with some beef, coming in at 315 pounds which is the 2nd heaviest player on defense. With guys like Smoot not under contract, with Ledbetter and Fatukasi gone this pick was right on the money.

-an aggressive, emotional Telvin Smith type of player in CB Jerrian Jones, and he’s a willing tackler and has the ability to bait the QB which can’t be taught. I saw him getting caught reading the QB and taking his eyes off his receiver and relying on his athleticism to make up for it. He won’t be able to do that at the pro level, but the talent is there. 4.38 speed. Tyson Campbell is a 4.36. Darby is a 4.38, Cisco is a 4.33. Got some speed throughout that secondary.

-an OT that will add competition/depth in protecting Trevor Lawrence. This pick fills a need and the hope is he can project into a solid offensive lineman for the future.

-another DT out of LSU Jordan Jefferson that fills a huge need, see above.

Still got (2) 5th round picks and a 6th and a 7th upcoming.

Huge needs being filled. No complaints here.

Whoever gets Malik Washington will get one of the steals of the draft

More beef,
A new broom always sweeps clean.