Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Allen - Deal or No Deal (Done Deal!)

I would not resign Josh Allen regardless of what he does this season. He’s a run off the mill, 7.5 sack type of guy that is having a career year.

I would slap that franchise tag on him tho, but all he will do is hold out or fake an injury so he doesn’t have to play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 08:03 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-14-2023, 07:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 07:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I hear you but I feel like that is there logic. To be fair. Josh hasn't hit home like this sack wise since his rookie season.

He has plenty of time to set the new franchise mark. I know you need two guys but it feels like you shouldn't have to invest top picks like we did in Chaisson and Walker to compensate.

This front office being dog [BLEEP] at finding good impact players along the lines consistently on both sides continues to haunt them.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

There's far more that goes into it than just Sacks.. People really need to stop focusing on just Sacks in judging if a player is good or not.
Thennnnnn why do the top sack leaders get top dollar and set the market?

[Image: ddc1c67c83ea42866d3cc040be716fac.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-14-2023, 07:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I would not resign Josh Allen regardless of what he does this season. He’s a run off the mill, 7.5 sack type of guy that is having a career year.

I would slap that franchise tag on him tho, but all he will do is hold out or fake an injury so he doesn’t have to play.

LOL!!!!

The fact that you actually think Allen would fake an injury just shows how clueless you really are dude.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 08:19 PM by Eric1. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-14-2023, 08:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 07:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: There's far more that goes into it than just Sacks.. People really need to stop focusing on just Sacks in judging if a player is good or not.

Because it's a part of the process... Nobody here is saying that Allen should get paid $35m per year and reset the market. 49ers are very likely going to regret that contract anyways.

But the fact that too many of you guys simply think that if somebody doesn't get 15 sacks per season, that they aren't any good and that's the problem.

If Bradley Chubb, Maxx Crosby, Khalil Mack and Trey Hendrickson can all get $21-24m per, why can't Allen?

(10-14-2023, 08:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Thennnnnn why do the top sack leaders get top dollar and set the market?

Because it's a part of the process... Nobody here is saying that Allen should get paid $35m per year and reset the market. 49ers are very likely going to regret that contract anyways.

But the fact that too many of you guys simply think that if somebody doesn't get 15 sacks per season, that they aren't any good and that's the problem.

If Bradley Chubb, Maxx Crosby, Khalil Mack and Trey Hendrickson can all get $21-24m per, why can't Allen?

No reason he can’t if you want to risk that cap space on a guy who has shown to be very inconsistent impacting the game.

(10-14-2023, 08:24 PM)wg171 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Because it's a part of the process... Nobody here is saying that Allen should get paid $35m per year and reset the market. 49ers are very likely going to regret that contract anyways.

No reason he can’t if you want to risk that cap space on a guy who has shown to be very inconsistent impacting the game.

Is it his fault hes played on a team that has been complete dog [BLEEP], outside of him, for the majority of his career? How often has he been able to play with a lead and full on get after the QB?

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 08:35 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-14-2023, 08:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Thennnnnn why do the top sack leaders get top dollar and set the market?

Because those guys are better than Allen. They also technically don't play the same position. Allen is an outside linebacker.

Crosby, Hendrickson, etc. Those guys are defensive ends. Chubb also can't stay healthy. When he is healthy he tends to get a little closer to double digit sacks.

Putting Mack in the same breath with Allen? Stop...

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-14-2023, 08:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 07:57 PM)Eric1 Wrote: There's far more that goes into it than just Sacks.. People really need to stop focusing on just Sacks in judging if a player is good or not.

LOL!! Exactly

(10-14-2023, 08:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:24 PM)wg171 Wrote: No reason he can’t if you want to risk that cap space on a guy who has shown to be very inconsistent impacting the game.

Is it his fault hes played on a team that has been complete dog [BLEEP], outside of him, for the majority of his career? How often has he been able to play with a lead and full on get after the QB?
That's fair. I cannot argue with that. It's not like the Raiders, Broncos, Saints, Bengals Bears and Chargers have been world beaters though. At least not consistently.

Remind me though. What division has Allen spent his career in compared to those guys listed above and who are the QB's?

(10-14-2023, 08:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:14 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Because it's a part of the process... Nobody here is saying that Allen should get paid $35m per year and reset the market. 49ers are very likely going to regret that contract anyways.

Because those guys are better than Allen. They also technically don't play the same position. Allen is an outside linebacker.

Crosby, Hendrickson, etc. Those guys are defensive ends. Chubb also can't stay healthy. When he is healthy he tends to get a little closer to double digit sacks.

They aren't better than Allen and Allen also has pass rush snaps taken away from him because he drops in coverage when the other guys aren't asked to.

And we're talking Mack of today, not 25 year old Mack.

(10-14-2023, 08:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:33 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Because those guys are better than Allen. They also technically don't play the same position. Allen is an outside linebacker.

They aren't better than Allen and Allen also has pass rush snaps taken away from him because he drops in coverage when the other guys aren't asked to.

You're reaching regardless though. It's fine. If you want to die on the "But...but...but...muh pressures!" hill you can. Nobody cares.

Most of us agree that Allen is important enough to resign due to overall ineptitude of the front office finding consistent impact players on defense worth a damn.

We need him. Period.

(10-14-2023, 08:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Is it his fault hes played on a team that has been complete dog [BLEEP], outside of him, for the majority of his career? How often has he been able to play with a lead and full on get after the QB?
That's fair. I cannot argue with that. It's not like the Raiders, Broncos, Saints, Bengals Bears and Chargers have been world beaters though. At least not consistently.

Remind me though. What division has Allen spent his career in compared to those guys listed above and who are the QB's?

A Division where they still won a total of 10 games over the span of 3 full seasons. One of those seasons include 6 wins.

Think i'd stick the franchise tag on him and see if he continues to play well for another year, assuming he dosen't fall off a cliff to end out this year. He can be really good, but often times he's not been. Thusfar through this season he's been pretty good.

Hard to say, is he putting in the extra effort for the bag? Or has he legitimately gotten better? who knows.

(10-14-2023, 08:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: That's fair. I cannot argue with that. It's not like the Raiders, Broncos, Saints, Bengals Bears and Chargers have been world beaters though. At least not consistently.

A Division where they still won a total of 10 games over the span of 3 full seasons. One of those seasons include 6 wins.
Okay. Would you rather have six games trying to sack Tannehill, whoever QB'd for the tinhorns and the revolving door for the clots?

Or, Mahomes, Herbert, Tagovailoa or Jackson? Reminder. This is the same front seven that got skunk'd by the tinhorns who rolled into town with a beat up and notably known line giving up sacks at the time in that week three loss.

(10-14-2023, 08:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They aren't better than Allen and Allen also has pass rush snaps taken away from him because he drops in coverage when the other guys aren't asked to.

You're reaching regardless though. It's fine. If you want to die on the "But...but...but...muh pressures!" hill you can. Nobody cares.

Most of us agree that Allen is important enough to resign due to overall ineptitude of the front office finding consistent impact players on defense worth a damn.

We need him. Period.

I'm really not.

Where did I even bring up pressures?

It's just sad how disrespected Allen is and has been by this fan base.

(10-14-2023, 08:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:41 PM)Caldrac Wrote: You're reaching regardless though. It's fine. If you want to die on the "But...but...but...muh pressures!" hill you can. Nobody cares.

We need him. Period.

I'm really not.

He's not disrespected. I think he's now the gold standard, again, considering this team continues to chase the ghost of Tony Brackens during an era of QB's throwing for 4,000 yards routinely.

We need him. Most fans with eyes know that. Don't let the few trolls around here spoil the jungle for you. I think they'll work something out. It'll be fair for both sides.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 08:53 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-14-2023, 08:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: A Division where they still won a total of 10 games over the span of 3 full seasons. One of those seasons include 6 wins.
Okay. Would you rather have six games trying to sack Tannehill, whoever QB'd for the tinhorns and the revolving door for the clots?

Or, Mahomes, Herbert, Tagovailoa or Jackson? Reminder. This is the same front seven that got skunk'd by the tinhorns who rolled into town with a beat up and notably known line giving up sacks at the time in that week three loss.

Can't sack a QB when they aren't throwing the ball because your Offense is so bad that they can't even stay on the field, let alone score points. Too busy letting Henry run for 200 yards and letting Pierce break 8 tackles on a single run etc. etc.

(10-14-2023, 08:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'm really not.

He's not disrespected. I think he's now the gold standard, again, considering this team continues to chase the ghost of Tony Brackens during an era of QB's throwing for 4,000 yards routinely.

We need him. Most fans with eyes know that. Don't let the few trolls around here spoil the jungle for you. I think they'll work something out. It'll be fair for both sides.

He is definitely disrespected among this fan base.

Lets hope, because otherwise I can't wait to see the amount of tears crying about how god awful this pass rush is going to be if Allen walks.

(10-14-2023, 08:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Okay. Would you rather have six games trying to sack Tannehill, whoever QB'd for the tinhorns and the revolving door for the clots?

Can't sack a QB when they aren't throwing the ball because your Offense is so bad that they can't even stay on the field, let alone score points. Too busy letting Henry run for 200 yards and letting Pierce break 8 tackles on a single run etc. etc.

(10-14-2023, 08:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: He's not disrespected. I think he's now the gold standard, again, considering this team continues to chase the ghost of Tony Brackens during an era of QB's throwing for 4,000 yards routinely.

Lets hope, because otherwise I can't wait to see the amount of tears crying about how god awful this pass rush is going to be if Allen walks.
Well. Sounds like his agent should be asking for less money then if he's a better player in run support Vs. rushing the passer.

Pass rushers get paid premium. I do agree. Fans will be sad without him. Again. I was wrong last year about him. We're completely [BLEEP] unless Walker and Co. start showing up.

(10-14-2023, 08:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Can't sack a QB when they aren't throwing the ball because your Offense is so bad that they can't even stay on the field, let alone score points. Too busy letting Henry run for 200 yards and letting Pierce break 8 tackles on a single run etc. etc.

Well. Sounds like his agent should be asking for less money then if he's a better player in run support Vs. rushing the passer.

Pass rushers get paid premium. I do agree. Fans will be sad without him. Again. I was wrong last year about him. We're completely [BLEEP] unless Walker and Co. start showing up.

Yup, Pass rushers do get paid premium and Allen is going to get paid premium. We're going to have to pony up, or watch him walk. To tag him next year it'll be at least $21m.

(10-14-2023, 09:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 08:58 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Well. Sounds like his agent should be asking for less money then if he's a better player in run support Vs. rushing the passer.

Yup, Pass rushers do get paid premium and Allen is going to get paid premium. We're going to have to pony up, or watch him walk. To tag him next year it'll be at least $21m.
It'll be a fun off season. I'll worry about it in March. He still has 12 games to add onto his value. It can go either way.

I hope he gets a hat trick tomorrow. Sack, INT and a FF.