Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Allen - Deal or No Deal (Done Deal!)

(10-14-2023, 09:07 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-14-2023, 09:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Yup, Pass rushers do get paid premium and Allen is going to get paid premium. We're going to have to pony up, or watch him walk. To tag him next year it'll be at least $21m.
It'll be a fun off season. I'll worry about it in March. He still has 12 games to add onto his value. It can go either way.

I hope he gets a hat trick tomorrow. Sack, INT and a FF.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Yea there's going to be some big time decisions that'll need to be made ($$$ wise) this off season. Lawrence, Allen and Ridley to start the fun.

A hat trick tomorrow would be great. A win would be even better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was always 100% in on signing Allen long term, still am now. We’d be stupid as [BLEEP] to let him walk
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Yea if he continues to put up the numbers, the Jags need to pay him. Premium pass Rushers are rare.

Pay the man.

The Jags picked up the 5th year option and they can always put the franchise tag on him, so they really have him locked up for the next 2 years without having to make a huge commitment.  But based on his play, he's deserving of an extension.  It's not just about Josh Allen the player as it is reversing some of the bad blood that the Jags have generated by not locking up their own draft picks with extensions.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 03:59 PM by wg171. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-15-2023, 03:18 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: The Jags picked up the 5th year option and they can always put the franchise tag on him, so they really have him locked up for the next 2 years without having to make a huge commitment.  But based on his play, he's deserving of an extension.  It's not just about Josh Allen the player as it is reversing some of the bad blood that the Jags have generated by not locking up their own draft picks with extensions.

Too many of their picks haven’t been deserving of an extension.

I really want to hang onto Campbell & Cisco. However, as others have mentioned, can’t keep them all.

Josh Allen is worth 10 Million per year. I'd give him that same offer for 2024. If he doesn't take it? I think it'd be to our favor. Dude's just a guy.

If he want's to go the Juwaan Taylor route, let him go.

Trayvon Walker, you know, that 44 guy. He'd probably be just as good if you let him edge Rush from the Allen spot. Plus, Walker is smart on run defense. You don't over pay a limp Edge Rusher like Josh Allen. Dude is gonna wash out in 2024.

Pass on Allen. This D is good at LB and Secondary. Keep those guys happy and find better prospects at Edge. Allen ain't it.

Pass rushers aren't easy to find and Allen is easily the best we have atm.

Also if we lose him what do we replace him with?

I'd still be a bit wary of paying huge money but I really don't wanna lose him

(10-15-2023, 04:12 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Josh Allen is worth 10 Million per year. I'd give him that same offer for 2024. If he doesn't take it? I think it'd be to our favor. Dude's just a guy.

Trayvon Walker, you know, that 44 guy. He'd probably be just as good if you let him edge Rush from the Allen spot. Plus, Walker is smart on run defense. You don't over pay a limp Edge Rusher like Josh Allen. Dude is gonna wash out in 2024.

Pass on Allen. This D is good at LB and Secondary. Keep those guys happy and find better prospects at Edge. Allen ain't it.

Dude is worth double that. Flat dumb here.

(10-15-2023, 04:23 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 04:12 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Josh Allen is worth 10 Million per year. I'd give him that same offer for 2024. If he doesn't take it? I think it'd be to our favor. Dude's just a guy.

Yeah. I think $16.5M is somewhat fair but maybe try and sweeten the pot. Shoot for $18M. We need him. Again, until somebody else steps it up consistenlty opposite of him this should really be a universal acceptance amongst the fanbase.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-15-2023, 04:23 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 04:12 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Josh Allen is worth 10 Million per year.  I'd give him that same offer for 2024.  If he doesn't take it?  I think it'd be to our favor.  Dude's just a guy. 

Trayvon Walker, you know, that 44 guy.  He'd probably be just as good if you let him edge Rush from the Allen spot.  Plus, Walker is smart on run defense.  You don't over pay a limp Edge Rusher like Josh Allen.  Dude is gonna wash out in 2024.

Pass on Allen.  This D is good at LB and Secondary.  Keep those guys happy and find better prospects at Edge.  Allen ain't it.

20 Mill for Josh Allen?  Naw, pass

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 04:29 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-15-2023, 04:26 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 04:23 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Dude is worth double that. Flat dumb here.

20 Mill for Josh Allen?  Naw, pass
Where are you getting 7 sacks thru 6 games at on this roster or elsewhere then, genius?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-15-2023, 04:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 04:26 PM)carp8dm Wrote: 20 Mill for Josh Allen?  Naw, pass
Where are you getting 7 sacks thru 6 games at on this roster or elsewhere then, genius?

Technically is 8, the 8th SHOULD of been one if not for some dodgy acting from josh Allen to win the flag

(10-15-2023, 04:39 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 04:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Where are you getting 7 sacks thru 6 games at on this roster or elsewhere then, genius?

Technically is 8, the 8th SHOULD of been one if not for some dodgy acting from josh Allen to win the flag
Agreed. Didn't he force his 2nd or 3rd fumble today as well?

Again. I'll eat my crow. Wanted him traded last year before the deadline.

It's crystal clear this front seven has nobody else outside of him six weeks in and until proven otherwise?

He's at least tagged in the off season with the goal to extend him for four or five years.

(10-15-2023, 04:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 04:26 PM)carp8dm Wrote: 20 Mill for Josh Allen?  Naw, pass

LOL, somewhere else?

Allen shows up in blowouts.  He's invisible when it matters.

We let Yannick go, and he was more productive than Allen.  And let's face it... Nobody misses Yannick.  Why do you think you'd miss Allen?  Just for the memes??? c'mon.  Be objective.  He's good.  He's not top 5 Edge Rusher good.  Pay him 15 Million and incentives.  But if he wants 20?  Let him walk and pay your LBers and Secondary.  Then draft a better Edge Rusher....

(10-15-2023, 05:10 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 04:29 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Where are you getting 7 sacks thru 6 games at on this roster or elsewhere then, genius?

LOL, somewhere else?

We let Yannick go, and he was more productive than Allen.  And let's face it... Nobody misses Yannick.  Why do you think you'd miss Allen?  Just for the memes??? c'mon.  Be objective.  He's good.  He's not top 5 Edge Rusher good.  Pay him 15 Million and incentives.  But if he wants 20?  Let him walk and pay your LBers and Secondary.  Then draft a better Edge Rusher....

More than half his sacks are in the first half…. Good try though.

Most sacks occur with a lead late in games. Food for thought.

(10-15-2023, 04:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 04:23 PM)NoShoes Wrote: Dude is worth double that. Flat dumb here.
Yeah. I think $16.5M is somewhat fair but maybe try and sweeten the pot. Shoot for $18M. We need him. Again, until somebody else steps it up consistenlty opposite of him this should really be a universal acceptance amongst the fanbase.

Still agree with you. He's playing great this year. Is it contract year step up? Maybe, but like you say, we have no one else who is his level at edge. He's getting paid $10.8m per year at the moment but I think somewhere around $16m is fair. 

We can still draft or add in FA for edge as it's just more depth and competion but to think we'll just find a star that outperforms Allen as a rookie is wishful thinking.

We've got Allen, Ridley, Agnew, Smoot as FA'S this offseason who are all contributing so no need to out-think ourselves with keeping Allen.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2023, 05:34 PM by carp8dm.)

(10-15-2023, 05:17 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 05:10 PM)carp8dm Wrote: LOL, somewhere else?

More than half his sacks are in the first half….  Good try though.

I'm not talking about the time of game, I'm talking about the caliber of opponent.

Food for thought... cuz clearly you're starving

Josh Allen is making 10 Mill per. He's the 8th highest paid Edge rusher...

Do you think he's the 8th most productive edge rusher?

(10-15-2023, 05:31 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(10-15-2023, 05:17 PM)NoShoes Wrote: More than half his sacks are in the first half….  Good try though.

I'm not talking about the time of game, I'm talking about the caliber of opponent.

Food for thought... cuz clearly you're starving

Josh Allen is making 10 Mill per. He's the 8th highest paid Edge rusher...

Do you think he's the 8th most productive edge rusher?
Right now, statistically? He's probably top three.

(10-15-2023, 04:12 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Josh Allen is worth 10 Million per year.  I'd give him that same offer for 2024.  If he doesn't take it?  I think it'd be to our favor.  Dude's just a guy. 

Trayvon Walker, you know, that 44 guy.  He'd probably be just as good if you let him edge Rush from the Allen spot.  Plus, Walker is smart on run defense.  You don't over pay a limp Edge Rusher like Josh Allen.  Dude is gonna wash out in 2024.

Pass on Allen.  This D is good at LB and Secondary.  Keep those guys happy and find better prospects at Edge.  Allen ain't it.

I think you have brain damage.