Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 15

trusting trubisky to do something.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trubisky gaineth, Trubisky giveth away.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

ew

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2023, 09:31 PM by SamusAranX.)

Watching the stupid colts win the division after sweeping them would suck

(12-16-2023, 09:31 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Watching the stupid colts win the division after sweeping them would suck
They have ATL, Vegas and Houston their last 3 games.

Jags have Bucs, Panthers, and Tenn. So even if Jags lose tomorrow night, they should still win the division.

But also, definitely would suck it they win the division.

If we can somehow contain Lamar I think we beat the Ravens, in a close game tbh. I am happy for Minshew, I just wish his success came in a losing effort.

(12-16-2023, 09:31 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Watching the stupid colts win the division after sweeping them would suck

Agreed, AR getting injured I feel was a blessing in disguise for the Colts season for this year.  Most of us on here knew what Minshew would do if he was the Colts QB this year and it's playing out like we expected.  They wouldn't be in this position if AR was their QB

(12-16-2023, 07:37 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(12-16-2023, 07:08 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: How is Trubisky still being paid by teams to be an NFL QB? Crazy how some guys get chance after chance.

And somehow guys like Minshew never get a true shot to be a franchise QB. GMs are too egocentric in their analysis of players/draft position. Minshew is certainly deserving of another chance to start somewhere, one of the best backup QBs in the NFL. Should have 5 passing TDs, 2 drops in the end zone.

Minshew is pretty inconsistent. He's basically a baby-Kirk Cousins...

(12-17-2023, 02:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Agreed, AR getting injured I feel was a blessing in disguise for the Colts season for this year.  Most of us on here knew what Minshew would do if he was the Colts QB this year and it's playing out like we expected.  They wouldn't be in this position if AR was their QB

Agreed. It also takes them out of the running in the draft to land a top notch WR or viable threat at the TE position. The tacks might even [BLEEP] around now and play good enough to do the same. At this rate? I am just glad it doesn't look like Marvin Harrison Jr. or Brock Bowers will end up in our division, unless one of those teams decides to move up. 

Still, other guys like Coleman and Leggett could end up on one of those teams, but, Harrison Jr. and Bowers concern me at the next level. I really think both of those guys will be considered All-Pro's within three to four years of playing.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-17-2023, 07:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 02:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, AR getting injured I feel was a blessing in disguise for the Colts season for this year.  Most of us on here knew what Minshew would do if he was the Colts QB this year and it's playing out like we expected.  They wouldn't be in this position if AR was their QB

Agreed. It also takes them out of the running in the draft to land a top notch WR or viable threat at the TE position. The tacks might even [BLEEP] around now and play good enough to do the same. At this rate? I am just glad it doesn't look like Marvin Harrison Jr. or Brock Bowers will end up in our division, unless one of those teams decides to move up. 

Still, other guys like Coleman and Leggett could end up on one of those teams, but, Harrison Jr. and Bowers concern me at the next level. I really think both of those guys will be considered All-Pro's within three to four years of playing.

Im glad those 2 wont end up in our division as well but I'm not buying that. You don't have to pick at the top of the draft to find a stud WR or TE.  The good GMs find talent regardless of where they pick.  Every year good WRs and TEs are taken after the first round.

(12-17-2023, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 07:18 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. It also takes them out of the running in the draft to land a top notch WR or viable threat at the TE position. The tacks might even [BLEEP] around now and play good enough to do the same. At this rate? I am just glad it doesn't look like Marvin Harrison Jr. or Brock Bowers will end up in our division, unless one of those teams decides to move up. 

Im glad those 2 wont end up in our division as well but I'm not buying that. You don't have to pick at the top of the draft to find a stud WR or TE.  The good GMs find talent regardless of where they pick.  Every year good WRs and TEs are taken after the first round.

I hear you and I get that. I am just saying, overall career wise? Harrison Jr. and Bowers scare the [BLEEP] out of me a lot more than say Coleman or Leggett in the long run. Same with Bowers. Bowers I think is going to be the next great, "move" tight end in the NFL. Maybe not as good as Kelce, but, I see him in the same mold as Kittle and Andrews early and often.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-17-2023, 09:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 09:03 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Im glad those 2 wont end up in our division as well but I'm not buying that. You don't have to pick at the top of the draft to find a stud WR or TE.  The good GMs find talent regardless of where they pick.  Every year good WRs and TEs are taken after the first round.

I hear you and I get that. I am just saying, overall career wise? Harrison Jr. and Bowers scare the [BLEEP] out of me a lot more than say Coleman or Leggett in the long run. Same with Bowers. Bowers I think is going to be the next great, "move" tight end in the NFL. Maybe not as good as Kelce, but, I see him in the same mold as Kittle and Andrews early and often.
I don’t think Harrison ends up in the south but there’s a chance Bowers ends up in Tenn.

(12-17-2023, 09:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 09:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I hear you and I get that. I am just saying, overall career wise? Harrison Jr. and Bowers scare the [BLEEP] out of me a lot more than say Coleman or Leggett in the long run. Same with Bowers. Bowers I think is going to be the next great, "move" tight end in the NFL. Maybe not as good as Kelce, but, I see him in the same mold as Kittle and Andrews early and often.
I don’t think Harrison ends up in the south but there’s a chance Bowers ends up in Tenn.

Yeah. I keep seeing that mocked recently. It honestly scares me a little bit. Given this team's historical struggles with above average tight end's and the fact that Levis at least looks the part for now. 

There's a certain quality in that kid at QB that I like. Him getting his bell rung at Kentucky (should have been an indicator there with Fortner) has really toughened up. I can see why they drafted him. He carried over that Penn St. and SEC toughness into the NFL. 

He hasn't been too terrible for them this year. But, his ability to break tackles and move around a bit is why I would be worried with them landing Bowers there. Especially on 3rd and obvious passing situations. Could be a back breaking connection for 10+ years knowing our luck.

(12-17-2023, 10:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 09:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don’t think Harrison ends up in the south but there’s a chance Bowers ends up in Tenn.

Yeah. I keep seeing that mocked recently. It honestly scares me a little bit. Given this team's historical struggles with above average tight end's and the fact that Levis at least looks the part for now. 

There's a certain quality in that kid at QB that I like. Him getting his bell rung at Kentucky (should have been an indicator there with Fortner) has really toughened up. I can see why they drafted him. He carried over that Penn St. and SEC toughness into the NFL. 

He hasn't been too terrible for them this year. But, his ability to break tackles and move around a bit is why I would be worried with them landing Bowers there. Especially on 3rd and obvious passing situations. Could be a back breaking connection for 10+ years knowing our luck.

Agreed on Levis.  He has all the tools and if he puts it all together he could be a top QB in this league.  It really just depnds on how many more games Ten wins if they have a shot at Bowers.  The AFC South is looking like a very good division from top to bottom

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2023, 12:44 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-17-2023, 12:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-17-2023, 10:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Yeah. I keep seeing that mocked recently. It honestly scares me a little bit. Given this team's historical struggles with above average tight end's and the fact that Levis at least looks the part for now. 

Agreed on Levis.  He has all the tools and if he puts it all together he could be a top QB in this league.  It really just depnds on how many more games Ten wins if they have a shot at Bowers.  The AFC South is looking like a very good division from top to bottom

Yeah. Could be a slightly more competitive AFC West with any of these QB's getting hot at any point in time. Lawrence, Stroud, Levis & Richardson all look the part and pass the eye test physically. It's the mental toughness that comes into play now. 

At least Lawrence has a leg up there entering year four but it's scary with how good Stroud is already, and, for the most part, Levis seems to be protective of the football on paper. Not sure what his fumbles are at but his INT's seem to be low compared to his TD's at least. 

Richardson I think still has plenty of tools to be a very good, dynamic playmaker at this level. Him getting hurt early could be a good thing as it allows him to appreciate the fact that he has to protect himself better at this level but he also gets to see a glimpse of just how fragile your career can be. 

Minshew is on a roll with that team. While I don't think Irsay will mess this up, he IS Irsay. As long as Richardson can stay healthy he shouldn't end up like Lance did in San Francisco. The question is whether or not what they plan on doing with Minshew. You waited for awhile to find yourself a QB. It'll be interesting if the clots sneak in and get past the first round.

Something Rivers, Wentz and Ryan couldn't do. Do you trade Minshew at that point? Or, do you opt to let Richardson sit yet another year and give Minshew another year to lose the job or keep the momentum going?

Not sure how TexAnts won these many games. They look awful today.

Keenum is horrendous.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2023, 02:49 PM by SamusAranX.)

Not sure who we should be rooting for in the tacks-tinhorns matchup

(12-17-2023, 02:47 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Not sure how TexAnts won these many games. They look awful today.

Keenum is horrendous.

Shows how much of a difference the QB makes

(12-17-2023, 02:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Not sure who we should be rooting for in the tacks-tinhorns matchup

(12-17-2023, 02:47 PM)Shad Khans Mustache Wrote: Not sure how TexAnts won these many games. They look awful today.

Keenum is horrendous.

Prolly the tacks since they have no chance at the playoffs...

(12-17-2023, 02:48 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Not sure who we should be rooting for in the tacks-tinhorns matchup

Keenum is horrendous.

If neither team scored that would be lovely. But too late for that.

Bears making Flacco look like……Flacco. Hope the Jags defense steps it up the last few weeks