Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mock Draft - 2024

(01-09-2024, 01:25 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-09-2024, 12:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I really like this mock and pick, arguably the best run blocker in the draft.  We can put him at RT and move Harrison to LT if we trade Cam or we can just plug him in at RG if we cut Scherff. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-...op-10-qbs/

Perfect! Some will be pounding the table for a receiver like Coleman in this scenario, but the O-Line must be addressed in round 1, free agency and with another draft pick later on. The team may not be able to keep Ridley, but the line is top priority. I don't agree with Boselli about a lot of things, but his belief that winning teams build from the inside-out makes total sense.

Coleman never even had 800 yards in a season.  I like traits and all but im not taking a WR at 17 that has never even had 800 yrds in a season.  If Naibers is there id take him over Fuaga but how this draft fell Fuaga is the right pick. I really like Latu but the injury thing is scary

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2024, 12:11 AM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(01-08-2024, 07:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: This would be ideal for me. [Image: d780eed4520220180b9ef892abd08520.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Is drafting Milton your beathard replacement?

Yeah. Not sure he'll fall that far though once the combine starts. He's too physically gifted I think for a QB deprived team not to take a chance on earlier than RD4 and try and develop for a year or two. 

He's similar to Anthony Richardson in my opinion. Maybe not as fast but his size, mobility strength and arm strength are things you cannot teach nor coach. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPESslckcTk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Just did a mock draft on sportsskeeda. Traded down in first to pick up extra second.

27.Graham Barton OG Duke
48.Xavier Legette WR South Carolina
55.Byron Murphy DT Texas
79.Jackson Powers-Johnson OC Oregon
112.Braden Fiske DT FloridaSt
146.Zak Zinter OG Michigan
177.Zion Tupuola-Fetui EDGE Washington

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2024, 12:34 AM by StrayaJag.)

Thoughts on Taliese Fuaga or Leonard Taylor for rd 2?

If they somehow drop

May be too early to know but I see Fugua mostly in the first round. If he fell to second that seems like a no brainer.

(01-10-2024, 12:34 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Thoughts on Taliese Fuaga or Leonard Taylor for rd 2?

If they somehow drop

Fuaga easily.  Was Leonard even good at Miami?  I know he was a 5 star recruit but he underwhelmed.  I wonder if Sweat will be there in the 2nd when we pick?

17. Jacksonville Jaguars
Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

Trevor Lawrence and his targets lacked continuity and chemistry in the passing game, and the Jaguars' wide receiver group had a 4.3% drop rate, sixth worst in the NFL. One missing element is a true 50-50 ball winner on the outside, and at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, Coleman can come down with contested catches (13 this season). He would also alleviate some of the attention on Calvin Ridley and open up things inside for Christian Kirk and Evan Engram.

Jordan reids first mock on espn. I would like this pick very much.

(01-10-2024, 12:10 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: 17. Jacksonville Jaguars

Trevor Lawrence and his targets lacked continuity and chemistry in the passing game, and the Jaguars' wide receiver group had a 4.3% drop rate, sixth worst in the NFL. One missing element is a true 50-50 ball winner on the outside, and at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, Coleman can come down with contested catches (13 this season). He would also alleviate some of the attention on Calvin Ridley and open up things inside for Christian Kirk and Evan Engram.

I like this selection, I don't love it. Coleman doesn't have the production I want to see out of a receiver there if I am taking him that high. Where did he have Brian Thomas Jr. out of LSU and Rome Odunze out of Washington going?

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-10-2024, 12:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:10 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: 17. Jacksonville Jaguars

I like this selection, I don't love it. Coleman doesn't have the production I want to see out of a receiver there if I am taking him that high. Where did he have Brian Thomas Jr. out of LSU and Rome Odunze out of Washington going?

Rome went 6 to the giants and Thomas 25 to the cheifs. Rome would be the guy I'd want out of the 3 but it seems very unlikely he falls out of the top 15. Coleman and Thomas are very similar in size and play style so I think the combine will be big as to which of them gets drafted higher.

(01-10-2024, 01:16 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 12:57 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like this selection, I don't love it. Coleman doesn't have the production I want to see out of a receiver there if I am taking him that high. Where did he have Brian Thomas Jr. out of LSU and Rome Odunze out of Washington going?

Rome went 6 to the giants and Thomas 25 to the cheifs. Rome would be the guy I'd want out of the 3 but it seems very unlikely he falls out of the top 15. Coleman and Thomas are very similar in size and play style so I think the combine will be big as to which of them gets drafted higher.

Of course they would give the Chiefs, an entire eight selections later, the 6'5, 200+ pound receiver coming off of a 1200 yard receiving season with 17 TD's, you know, the guy that helped Jayden Daniels in the Heisman voting and trophy title. LOL. 

LSU has been turning out really good receivers now for at least a decade. There's no way I would take Coleman over Thomas. I wouldn't mind Coleman's teammate, Wilson, to be honest. I think he's somebody you could consider in RD2 or RD3 potentially if they don't go receiver early.

Playing with an early mock simulator I ended the first 3 rounds with:

18. JC Latham, OT, Alabama
48. Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina
79. Christian Mahogany, G, Boston College
96. McKinnley Jackson, DT, Texas A&M

I think I'd accept that right now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Unless things change (always possible), this Fanspeak mock is going to be tough to beat (reasons included):

1 (17): Talliese Fuaga: Best OL mauler who can play RT or RG.

2 (48): Xavier Leggette: I'll part ways with Ridley (with hesitation) in order to get this guy in the 2nd round. Complete receiver.

3 (96): Sedrick Van Pran: Capable of starting day 1 at center.

4 (114) McKinley Jackson: One of my favorite sleepers. Can be very effective NT, something this team lacks.

4 (116) Christian Mahogany: Another mauler who still needs to improve in pass protection.

5 (154) Sheridan Jones: Provides competition in the secondary.

Only did 5 rounds. The 3rd round pick is compensatory since they lose the original pick in Ridley trade.

This draft changes the mentality of the OL, addresses weakness at nose tackle and allows Ridley to move on saving money with younger player who has big upside..

(01-10-2024, 01:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Unless things change (always possible), this Fanspeak mock is going to be tough to beat (reasons included):

2 (48): Xavier Leggette: I'll part ways with Ridley (with hesitation) in order to get this guy in the 2nd round. Complete receiver.

4 (114) McKinley Jackson: One of my favorite sleepers. Can be very effective NT, something this team lacks.

4 (116) Christian Mahogany: Another mauler who still needs to improve in pass protection.

Only did 5 rounds. The 3rd round pick is compensatory since they lose the original pick in Ridley trade.

This draft changes the mentality of the OL, addresses weakness at nose tackle and allows Ridley to move on saving money with younger player who has big upside..

I really good draft

(01-10-2024, 04:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 01:52 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Unless things change (always possible), this Fanspeak mock is going to be tough to beat (reasons included):

I really good draft

Thanks. If Fuaga is not there for the Jags, I'm taking another of the linemen like Mims, Fautanu or possibly Barton. I believe any of these would provide value at pick 17 and the need is clearly the biggest. "Sexier" picks like Nabers, Turner and Latu may possibly drop and be tempting to take. Regardless, I'm still taking the offensive lineman and adding another draft pick plus a free agent (Dotson, Cushenberry).

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:01 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2024, 10:59 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-10-2024, 04:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I really good draft

Thanks. If Fuaga is not there for the Jags, I'm taking another of the linemen like Mims, Fautanu or possibly Barton. I believe any of these would provide value at pick 17 and the need is clearly the biggest. "Sexier" picks like Nabers, Turner and Latu may possibly drop and be tempting to take. Regardless, I'm still taking the offensive lineman and adding another draft pick plus a free agent (Dotson, Cushenberry).

Latu concerns me with his injury history. Think it was a neck injury that forced him to retire medically when he was at Washington. He's coming off an impressive season with the Bruins though. 

For me I wouldn't rule out a DE with that 17th overall pick. Really comes down to who the next DC will be and what their primary base front will be. If they're thinking more 4 - 3 base look Vs. 3 - 4 base look a DE like Latu makes sense all of a sudden. 

I don't mind Nabers. I just question if he's the right WR we need on this offense. We already have guys that are barely 6 ft and 190 pounds soaking wet. For me, it's these three players I would want if they're there at 17. Granted, my opinion might change post free agency, combine results, etc. 

1. Rome Odunze - WR - Washington 
2. Brian Thomas Jr. - WR - LSU
3. Jer'Zhan Newton - DT - Illinois

(01-11-2024, 02:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 10:59 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Thanks. If Fuaga is not there for the Jags, I'm taking another of the linemen like Mims, Fautanu or possibly Barton. I believe any of these would provide value at pick 17 and the need is clearly the biggest. "Sexier" picks like Nabers, Turner and Latu may possibly drop and be tempting to take. Regardless, I'm still taking the offensive lineman and adding another draft pick plus a free agent (Dotson, Cushenberry).

Latu concerns me with his injury history. Think it was a neck injury that forced him to retire medically when he was at Washington. He's coming off an impressive season with the Bruins though. 

For me I wouldn't rule out a DE with that 17th overall pick. Really comes down to who the next DC will be and what their primary base front will be. If they're thinking more 4 - 3 base look Vs. 3 - 4 base look a DE like Latu makes sense all of a sudden. 

I don't mind Nabers. I just question if he's the right WR we need on this offense. We already have guys that are barely 6 ft and 190 pounds soaking wet. For me, it's these three players I would want if they're there at 17. Granted, my opinion might change post free agency, combine results, etc. 

You won't have to worry. Nabers will be long gone before 17.

MHJ, Rome and Nabers will all be gone by 17. Coleman and BTJ could be there at 17 though.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2024, 02:15 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-11-2024, 02:09 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 02:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Latu concerns me with his injury history. Think it was a neck injury that forced him to retire medically when he was at Washington. He's coming off an impressive season with the Bruins though. 

You won't have to worry. Nabers will be long gone before 17.

MHJ, Rome and Nabers will all be gone by 17. Coleman and BTJ could be there at 17 though.

Yeah. Hopefully none of those guys end up on any of our divisional teams. I would be happy as hell with Brian Thomas Jr. in our offense. He makes a lot of good looking TD grabs in the endzone when it's tightly contested, mostly two feet down as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJwwk7besX0

(01-11-2024, 02:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 10:59 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: Thanks. If Fuaga is not there for the Jags, I'm taking another of the linemen like Mims, Fautanu or possibly Barton. I believe any of these would provide value at pick 17 and the need is clearly the biggest. "Sexier" picks like Nabers, Turner and Latu may possibly drop and be tempting to take. Regardless, I'm still taking the offensive lineman and adding another draft pick plus a free agent (Dotson, Cushenberry).

No doubt that the new defensive coordinator should have much input into this process. If they do go with someone who primarily uses a 4-3, they will need to determine what is currently lacking on the roster to make this work and who should be targeted for the draft.

My preference on draft days regarding who to select in round 1 always revolves around the need vs. value philosphy. If there is a player in the draft at any position other than quarterback who is available and significantly better than the next best player overall, it would be very difficult for me to pass. Sauce Gardner could have fit this description for many when the Jags selected Walker. Cornerback is one of the most critical positions and to have someone like that who shuts down one side of the field gives any team a big edge on defense. Despite already having Campbell and Williams as starters and having a much greater need for pass rushers, most would say at this point the wrong player was selected. Walker improved significantly this season and may eventually make a pro-bowl, but when all  is said and done Gardner would have been a much better pick.

Looking at the current draft board for 2024, I don't see any player who may be available at pick 17 who would clearly stand out over the other options regarding value for the Jaguars. Let's face it, it is impossible to say anyone passed over by 16 other teams is a guarantee to be a perennial pro-bowler- although one or two seem to always emerge. That being said, the team's greatest need, BY FAR, is the offensive line- primarily the interior. It's hard to find too many things Jaguar fans agree on, but this is the exception. Unless they pay 2 free agent linemen big money (say Dotson and Cushenberry), I'm selecting the best mauling lineman who provides value in round 1. We'll get to see more of these guys at the Senior Bowl, but Fuaga and Fautanu would currently be my favorite picks. Both appear on most big boards in the top 25 including Mel Kiper who had both in his top 20. Another OL also needs to be found either in free agency or the draft. Depending on what they do in free agency and the scheme they will run on defense, the team likely needs another pass rusher, run-stuffing tackle and likely a wide receiver.

Shipley goes
CB - G - C
in his first 3 round mock
https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draft/202...ent-baalke

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024, 03:08 PM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2024, 02:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Shipley goes
CB - G - C
in his first 3 round mock
https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/draft/202...ent-baalke

Yeah. I commented on this mock of his on twitter. Not sure how I feel about it. I haven't really looked at this class defensively in terms of linebackers and secondary players because my attention has been squarely focused on the offensive line group and receivers at the moment. 

I only took a peak at some of the edge rushers in this class but really started delving into the interior rushers. I said that I loved the Zach Frazier selection in RD3. He's a good option. Wrestling background, from the highlights I have found on him, he has a tendency to actually use his leverage to his advantage and will finish plays better than most. 

I am reserving any more mocks until I see what this team decides to do in free agency and with any cuts made to the current roster. Realistically I think they have a solid shot at the following positions to add upgrades with the 17th overall selection:

1. RT - The chips should fall to where a guy like Latham, Mims or Fuaga are there. You would have to make a decision to move Harrison to LT after one year of good play at RT. 

2. WR - This could be Brian Thomas Jr., Keon Coleman or Troy Franklin in my opinion. We do not have a viable, big man target on the outside. Any of these three could provide that in our current line-up, but, if I had to pick, it would be Thomas Jr., Franklin and Coleman in that order.

3. DE - This boils down to who the next DC will be on our staff and which base front they will predominately feature. But, for me, you can take your pick here. Latu, Turner, Verse, Robinson & Trice are all potentially around this part of the draft in my opinion.