Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Early Mock Draft - 2024

(01-21-2024, 02:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Messing around with the PFF tool waiting for the games to start today. I like to run through these to find names I might now know project in the area of our picks. Have a look and talk about some of these if you want.

[Image: 8d3hbp.jpg]

This would be an excellent draft class. Jackson and Van Pran would be great value picks. Wiggins has very good size to cover taller receivers and will likely be a very good pro. Cornerback is just not a position I'd look at in round 1 since there may be great options at positions of much greater need (Fuaga, Newton and possibly Brian Thomas Jr. to name 3). Leggett has unbelievable physical traits and someone will likely select him in the first 45 picks for that reason. He may be the biggest risk/reward receiver in this draft. I prefer Franklin in round 2 because he is a better deep threat.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-21-2024, 09:31 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 02:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Messing around with the PFF tool waiting for the games to start today. I like to run through these to find names I might now know project in the area of our picks. Have a look and talk about some of these if you want.

This would be an excellent draft class. Jackson and Van Pran would be great value picks. Wiggins has very good size to cover taller receivers and will likely be a very good pro. Cornerback is just not a position I'd look at in round 1 since there may be great options at positions of much greater need (Fuaga, Newton and possibly Brian Thomas Jr. to name 3). Leggett has unbelievable physical traits and someone will likely select him in the first 45 picks for that reason. He may be the biggest risk/reward receiver in this draft. I prefer Franklin in round 2 because he is a better deep threat.

The only O-linemen left available at 17 were the guys from Yale and Duke, so I had some aversion to them as a result. I took the CB with two Edge guys (FSU and Bama) as the other considerations. The Franklin kid is constantly going between 22 and 30, Thomas, Jr. is in that same range. I've seen Keon Coleman as high as 11 and as low as 3rd round, it just depends on how it falls.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-22-2024, 09:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-21-2024, 09:31 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: This would be an excellent draft class. Jackson and Van Pran would be great value picks. Wiggins has very good size to cover taller receivers and will likely be a very good pro. Cornerback is just not a position I'd look at in round 1 since there may be great options at positions of much greater need (Fuaga, Newton and possibly Brian Thomas Jr. to name 3). Leggett has unbelievable physical traits and someone will likely select him in the first 45 picks for that reason. He may be the biggest risk/reward receiver in this draft. I prefer Franklin in round 2 because he is a better deep threat.

The only O-linemen left available at 17 were the guys from Yale and Duke, so I had some aversion to them as a result. I took the CB with two Edge guys (FSU and Bama) as the other considerations. The Franklin kid is constantly going between 22 and 30, Thomas, Jr. is in that same range. I've seen Keon Coleman as high as 11 and as low as 3rd round, it just depends on how it falls.

Seems like you made the right choices based on who was available. If the Jaguars feel one of cornerbacks has elite potential, I couldn't argue with that pick. My guess is that one of the offensive linemen will be there at 17 ( Latham, Fuaga, Fautanu) and right now that would be my preference. I also doubt Franklin makes it to our pick in round 2. If they part with Ridley, I'd consider Thomas and Franklin, especially if they address the OLINE in free agency,

(01-21-2024, 02:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Messing around with the PFF tool waiting for the games to start today. I like to run through these to find names I might not know who project in the area of our picks. Have a look and talk about some of these if you want.

Good class. Most folks would look at those fourth and fifth round picks as steals there. I like Hartman at QB. He would be my 2nd QB to take on day three if Joe Milton is off the board. Hartman has a bit of a Minshew vibe to him from when I saw his primetime games with Notre Dame. Tends to move the football with confidence but then sometimes gets flustered when they get behind the sticks.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2024, 10:52 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

If we go CB in the 1st give me Cooper DeJean. Wiggins is a good corner but hes to light imo to take that high. DeJean is a playmaker and more than 20 lbs heavier than Wiggens. DeJean can also fill the shoes Agnew and take over punt return duties as hes a play maker there as well. Wiggins also didnt even make the All American team.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024, 12:16 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 2 times in total.)

(01-22-2024, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we go CB in the 1st give me Cooper DeJean.  Wiggins is a good corner but hes to light imo to take that high.  DeJean is a playmaker and more than 20 lbs heavier than Wiggens.  DeJean can also fill the shoes Agnew and take over punt return duties as hes a play maker there as well.  Wiggins also didnt even make the All American team.

A CBs number one job is to not allow his WR to catch the football. In terms of catches/yards given up/completion percentage/QB Rating Nate Wiggins is tops of the CBs this class. No CB had better production or a tougher slate of competition playing early round NFL WRs than Nate (Xavier Legette/Johnny Wilson/Keon Coleman/Tez Walker)

How he didn't make All American is an indictment on whoever makes the list over an indictment of Wiggins. He was the best CB in CFB last year

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024, 01:17 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-23-2024, 12:15 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(01-22-2024, 10:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we go CB in the 1st give me Cooper DeJean.  Wiggins is a good corner but hes to light imo to take that high.  DeJean is a playmaker and more than 20 lbs heavier than Wiggens.  DeJean can also fill the shoes Agnew and take over punt return duties as hes a play maker there as well.  Wiggins also didnt even make the All American team.

A CBs number one job is to not allow his WR to catch the football. In terms of catches/yards given up/completion percentage/QB Rating Nate Wiggins is tops of the CBs this class. No CB had better production or a tougher slate of competition playing early round NFL WRs than Nate (Xavier Legette/Johnny Wilson/Keon Coleman/Tez Walker)

How he didn't make All American is an indictment on whoever makes the list over an indictment of Wiggins. He was the best CB in CFB last year

That's cool, he's to light for my liking if we are taking a corner at 17.  I see him getting bullied by the bigger and more physical receivers.  He reminds me of Forbes last year, but not quite the ball hawk like Forbes was.

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024, 01:43 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-23-2024, 01:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-23-2024, 12:15 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: A CBs number one job is to not allow his WR to catch the football. In terms of catches/yards given up/completion percentage/QB Rating Nate Wiggins is tops of the CBs this class. No CB had better production or a tougher slate of competition playing early round NFL WRs than Nate (Xavier Legette/Johnny Wilson/Keon Coleman/Tez Walker)

That's cool, he's to light for my liking if we are taking a corner at 17.  I see him getting bullied by the bigger and more physical receivers.  He reminds me of Forbes last year, but not quite the ball hawk like Forbes was.

Nothing wrong with liking others. Cooper looks like a great player for sure. Didn't seem like you knew too much about how good Wiggins was this year so adding in the production.

Wiggins is slight and he'll need to get stronger but too be fair he's got 20 pounds on Forbes and likely 25 pounds by the time Wiggins weighs in at the combine. He'll be close to 190. Forbes was 166

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024, 01:52 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-23-2024, 01:41 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(01-23-2024, 01:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's cool, he's to light for my liking if we are taking a corner at 17.  I see him getting bullied by the bigger and more physical receivers.  He reminds me of Forbes last year, but not quite the ball hawk like Forbes was.

Nothing wrong with liking others. Cooper looks like a great player for sure. Didn't seem like you knew too much about how good Wiggins was this year so adding in the production.

Wiggins is slight and he'll need to get stronger but too be fair he's got 20 pounds on Forbes and likely 25 pounds by the time Wiggins weighs in at the combine. He'll be close to 190. Forbes was 166
I know he had a good season, just not taking a  corner that light at 17 when there are other really good corners with better size. If I was going to he better be elite.   Forbes was really good though and a ball hawk.  I wouldn't of taken him at 17 either.

I'm interested to see DeJean 40 times

(01-23-2024, 01:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-23-2024, 01:41 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Nothing wrong with liking others. Cooper looks like a great player for sure. Didn't seem like you knew too much about how good Wiggins was this year so adding in the production.

I know he had a good season, just not taking a  corner that light at 17 when there are other really good corners with better size. If I was going to he better be elite.   Forbes was really good though and a ball hawk.  I wouldn't of taken him at 17 either.

I'm interested to  see DeJean 40 times
He might hit 4.3. That guy can fly

(01-23-2024, 02:10 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(01-23-2024, 01:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I know he had a good season, just not taking a  corner that light at 17 when there are other really good corners with better size. If I was going to he better be elite.   Forbes was really good though and a ball hawk.  I wouldn't of taken him at 17 either.

I'm interested to  see DeJean 40 times
He might hit 4.3. That guy can fly

Yeah, he was a track star in the 100m

Bucky Books has us taking Sweat.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-20...-draft-1-0

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/insider/draf...ks-qb-fits

He has us taking him rd1

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 09:07 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-23-2024, 11:49 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:

https://www.espn.com.au/nfl/insider/draf...ks-qb-fits

He has us taking him rd1

I seen that, do you have the whole list?  I don't have ESPN Plus

I wouldn't mind Sweat at 17 either. It would be a huge upgrade to our interior. The days of the parting seas up the middle of our defense would be over.

Taliese Fuaga
OT | Oregon State
A
T'Vondre Sweat
DL | Texas
A
Zach Frazier
IOL | West Virginia
A
Braden Fiske
DL | Florida State
B+
Javon Solomon
EDGE | Troy
A
Mohamed Kamara
EDGE | Colorado State
B+
Luke McCaffrey
WR | Rice
A+
Frank Gore Jr.
RB | Southern Miss
A+
Will Reichard
K | Alabama

If we're drafting from first names

How about Chop Robinson

What a name

(01-27-2024, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 17
Taliese Fuaga
OT | Oregon State
A
T'Vondre Sweat
DL | Texas
A
Zach Frazier
IOL | West Virginia
A
Braden Fiske
DL | Florida State
B+
Javon Solomon
EDGE | Troy
A
Mohamed Kamara
EDGE | Colorado State
B+
Luke McCaffrey
WR | Rice
A+
Frank Gore Jr.
RB | Southern Miss
A+
Will Reichard
K | Alabama

I understand the reasoning behind the Frank gore jr drafting

But wouldn't we want to try and overload on some OL towards the end ?

We learnt our lesson this season on not having good depth at oline

(01-30-2024, 05:37 PM)StrayaJag Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 17
Taliese Fuaga
OT | Oregon State
A
T'Vondre Sweat
DL | Texas
A
Zach Frazier
IOL | West Virginia
A
Braden Fiske
DL | Florida State
B+
Javon Solomon
EDGE | Troy
A
Mohamed Kamara
EDGE | Colorado State
B+
Luke McCaffrey
WR | Rice
A+
Frank Gore Jr.
RB | Southern Miss
A+
Will Reichard
K | Alabama

I understand the reasoning behind the Frank gore jr drafting

But wouldn't we want to try and overload on some OL towards the end ?

We learnt our lesson this season on not having good depth at oline

Depends. I am reserving anymore mock drafts on my end until I see what they do in March now. If they end up signing a pair of offensive lineman and a pair of defensive lineman that are clearly starting it will change the way I look at each round.

For me, there's three positions I don't see much depth at in this class and I will be a little surprised if they select anybody from these positions:

TE
RB
LB

Not only are those positions not all that great in my opinion this year, it's three positions Baalke has no business investing in any further with draft picks.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...67089?s=20

Welcome to perfection.

(02-01-2024, 12:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: https://twitter.com/DanDGriffis/status/1...67089?s=20

Welcome to perfection.

I don't love it. I don't hate it. It's just so early for me and some of these guys he's listed? I just don't see them lasting that far.

Graham Barton is a damn good prospect that can play more than one position on the offensive line. He has a specific look and feel to him that would surprise me if he made it past a team like Kansas City or San Francisco on the opening night of the draft. 

Braden Fiske is interesting. I am actually a fan of his for sure. As much as I like Murphy and Sweat out of Texas. Fiske is right up there for me in the DT group. Feels almost like a steal there in RD3. 

Corley and Van Pran are better than the 96th and 114th overall picks in my opinion. Based on Corley's performances and his YAC ability? I bet he goes no later than the end of RD2. He fits the modern NFL offense perfectly with the short yardage stuff and he would be a West Coast Offenses dream come true. 

Arnold at CB in RD1 wouldn't surprise me but that other kid out of Toledo and Dejean out of Iowa would honestly be my preference if this front office is dead set on adding a secondary player that early.