Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 FA class

(02-13-2024, 01:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tee Higgins to get tagged

Yeah. Not surprising. Bengals need him for Burrow if they want to make a serious run. I don't think Mike Evans is getting out of Tampa Bay neither. Michael Pittman as well with our divisional rival.

The market gets thinner at the top at the WR room, and, in my opinion, this puts the burden on Baalke to get a deal done now with Josh Allen so he can specifically avoid having to tag him with it in order to use it on Calvin Ridley.

Ridley's value and services are going to keep going up and up as more and more of these deals and tags are doled out across the league.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-13-2024, 03:00 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-13-2024, 01:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tee Higgins to get tagged

Yeah. Not surprising. Bengals need him for Burrow if they want to make a serious run. I don't think Mike Evans is getting out of Tampa Bay neither. Michael Pittman as well with our divisional rival.

The market gets thinner at the top at the WR room, and, in my opinion, this puts the burden on Baalke to get a deal done now with Josh Allen so he can specifically avoid having to tag him with it in order to use it on Calvin Ridley.

Ridley's value and services are going to keep going up and up as more and more of these deals and tags are doled out across the league.

Yup, Josh Allen, Chris Jones, Wilkins, Madubuike are all likely to get the tag as well.  Would be nice to reach a deal with being we could tag Ridley.  I think it all depends on what Allen is asking for.  Just like every other one of these players that are about to get tagged

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 02:12 AM by NewJagsCity.)

I think a South Pacific scouting trip is in order. Go to Hawaii, American Samoa, Fiji, and all islands in between. Recruit the biggest, meanest road grading Samoans that are currently on this planet. 6'5' 350 lb are the minimum specs required. Sign em, bring em home, coach em up, and unleash them on the rest of the league. The sort of line that even Tank Bigsby could get 90 to 100 ypg behind.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 07:38 AM by StrayaJag.)

I'd take trubisky as a backup

(02-14-2024, 02:12 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I think a South Pacific scouting trip is in order. Go to Hawaii, American Samoa, Fiji, and all islands in between. Recruit the biggest, meanest road grading Samoans that are currently on this planet. 6'5' 350 lb are the minimum specs required. Sign em, bring em home, coach em up, and unleash them on the rest of the league.  The sort of line that even Tank Bigsby could get 90 to 100 ypg behind.

There are some damn big blokes there
Count in any of the Maori blokes from new Zealand and u have some massive units.

(02-14-2024, 07:37 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: I'd take trubisky as a backup

(02-14-2024, 02:12 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I think a South Pacific scouting trip is in order. Go to Hawaii, American Samoa, Fiji, and all islands in between. Recruit the biggest, meanest road grading Samoans that are currently on this planet. 6'5' 350 lb are the minimum specs required. Sign em, bring em home, coach em up, and unleash them on the rest of the league.  The sort of line that even Tank Bigsby could get 90 to 100 ypg behind.

There are some damn big blokes there
Count in any of the Maori blokes from new Zealand and u have some massive units.

LOL.  Trubisky is horrible.  I can't stand Beathard and I'd rather have him.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-10-2024, 10:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The Center and Guard signings or picks are going to come down to whether or not Pederson decides to double down on a ZBS heavy approach or if he's keen to mix in more power gap plays into the book next year.

There are free agents out there that lean heavily one way or the other. Guys that excel at both are tougher to find and we don't know how biased our braintrust is concerning the stronger but less mobile guys some of us fans would like to see added.

Quoting myself here to note that it does appear the Jags are doubling down on a ZBS-heavy approach since they hired a RB coach whose most notable tenure was in an offense running almost nothing but ZBS. 

The question becomes - have Doug and Trent changed their minds about valuing athleticism/mobility over brute strength on the IOL?

Fingers crossed that Trent's comments on getting bigger and stronger win the day when it is time to acquire a center and guard(s)

When it comes to this year's FA market I keep remembering one thing.

Current Cap space is :

Titans - 72 million
Colts - 66 million
Texans - 62 million
Jags - 17 million.

Like Baalkie said using corporate speak, We need to look to speed up the "on-boarding process" for draft picks.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(02-19-2024, 11:03 PM)Jag149 Wrote: When it comes to this year's FA market I keep remembering one thing.

Current Cap space is :

Titans - 72 million
Colts - 66 million
Texans - 62 million
Jags - 17 million.

Like Baalkie said using corporate speak,  We need to look to speed up the "on-boarding process"  for draft picks.

I hope they all overpay on the next Who Douglas or Albert Haynesworth.

(02-19-2024, 11:03 PM)Jag149 Wrote: When it comes to this year's FA market I keep remembering one thing.

Current Cap space is :

Titans - 72 million
Colts - 66 million
Texans - 62 million
Jags - 17 million.

Like Baalkie said using corporate speak,  We need to look to speed up the "on-boarding process"  for draft picks.

Those cap numbers get thrown around a lot - and they are relevant for sure - but a quick look at each teams pending 2024 free agents reveals the colts and titans are each about to watch 4 starters walk in free agency that they must re-sign or replace and for the texans I believe it is 5 starters. 

They def have more to work with in navigating free agency, but they have legit holes to fill with some of that cap room. We have major FO work to do this offseason and so do they.

(01-10-2024, 03:23 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I know trenches will get the most attention, but let's look at the potential top of the WR market including age for 2024 season, height, weight, projected market value on spotrac as well as prior year receptions, targets, yards and TDs:

• Tee Higgins          25    6'4" 218lbs  $18.6M/Yr   42   76   656    5
  • Mike Evans           31    6'5" 225lbs  $23.8M/Yr   79  136  1255  13
  • Michael Pittman    26    6'4" 223lbs  $22.7M/Yr   109 156  1152  4
  • Calvin Ridley        29     6'1" 190lbs  $17.0M/Yr   76  136  1016  8
  • Marquise Brown   27     5'9" 181lbs  $14.8M/Yr   51  101  574    4
  • Gabe Davis          25     6'2" 225lbs  $13.5M/Yr   45  81    746   7
  • Darnell Mooney    26     5'11" 173lbs $10.4M/Yr  31  61    414   1
  • Curtis Samuel      28     5'11" 194lbs $11.5M/Yr   62  91   613   4
  • Tyler Boyd           29     6'2" 185lbs  $8.7M/Yr     67  98   667    2
  • K.J. Osborn         27      5'11" 203lbs $7.5M/Yr    48  75   540   3

Mike Evans might be nice for a year, but I start getting concerned about age where he's at.  He's also angling for a last bite at the apple rather than re-signing with his home team during the season.  I don't think we're going to allocate to WR as much as Pittman would demand on the market so I think you can safely mark him off our list.  Gabe Davis kinda stands out here to me as a potential bargain over Ridley if we let him walk assuming the actual salaries of these players next year wind up being close to the projected salaries listed.   If we let Ridley walk (and perhaps we should), does anyone else think Davis should be a target or have any criticisms of his game?  I haven't watched much of him honestly.
I like big play Gabe.  He had some good games for the bills.  He can be a little hit and miss from what i recall.  I do like his size.  

If we let Ridley walk i could get behind that if we keep Zay.

Hard pass on "Big Play' Gabe. He looked more like "Lame Duck" Gabe when the Bills had a few games on the line and he either dropped a TD or ran the wrong route when he was wide open.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Sneed tagged

(02-28-2024, 01:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sneed tagged

Great player. Another great example of a team drafting and developing players correctly. 4th RD steal.

Remains to be seen what the Bengals do with NT DJ Reader. If he's open he's a guy who should get a look. Unfortunately he is coming off injury, but he's arguably been the best NT in the NFL outside of Dexter Lawrence

No big surprise.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3969...-year-deal
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2024, 12:43 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Nice, hes out of Houston

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...gr%5Etweet

He had 12.5 sacks for Houston last year and one of the better pass rushers

Tony Pollard to the Titans

I hope the Eagles get him

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/stat...gr%5Etweet

(03-11-2024, 12:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tony Pollard to the Titans

He might be somewhat productive this year, but still a terrible signing.  I think the tacks are going away for a long time under Amy Adams' stewardship.