Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 FA class

keeping with this post and free agengy subject. i want to make sure im telling my dad right.  if jags sign ridley before 4pm tommrew they lose a 2coned round pick correct? by waiting until 4pm tommrew it would be a 3rd round pick? Have i been telling my dad the right thing?

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-12-2024, 06:15 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: keeping with this post and free agengy subject. i want to make sure im telling my dad right.  if jags sign ridley before 4pm tommrew they lose a 2coned round pick correct? by waiting until 4pm tommrew it would be a 3rd round pick? Have i been telling my dad the right thing?
Correct.

Ridley signed before 4 PM tomorrow. We lose a 2nd RD pick.

Ridley signed after 4 PM tomorrow. We just lose our 3rd RD pick.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-12-2024, 06:21 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 06:15 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: keeping with this post and free agengy subject. i want to make sure im telling my dad right.  if jags sign ridley before 4pm tommrew they lose a 2coned round pick correct? by waiting until 4pm tommrew it would be a 3rd round pick? Have i been telling my dad the right thing?
Correct.

Ridley signed before 4 PM tomorrow. We lose a 2nd RD pick.

Ridley signed after 4 PM tomorrow. We just lose our 3rd RD pick.

thank you

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2024, 06:49 PM by snowwolf776.)

Texans owner, and GM wants to win a super bowl  quicker ,and sooner then kha,balke and jags want too.

2 years for $49M seems like a steal for a guy of Hunter's caliber.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2024, 06:56 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-12-2024, 06:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 2 years for $49M seems like a steal for a guy of Hunter's caliber.

Agreed, good deal for the Texans and Giants over paid for Burns  Hunter is one of the best pass rushers in the league and has been for years.  Hes had at least 14.5 sacks 3 times in his career and has had at least 12.5 sacks 4 times in his career.  Hes been very consistent

(03-12-2024, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: damn

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...gr%5Etweet

Oline better eat their Wheaties this offseason, that tinhorn rush will be no joke next year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2024, 07:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-12-2024, 06:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 06:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: damn

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...gr%5Etweet

Oline better eat their Wheaties this offseason, that tinhorn rush will be no joke next year.

Need to keep Cam unless they plan to draft a tackle in the first. Every year one of our tackles get hurt.  Need at least 3 tackles

This is a steal for the Steelers.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2796103145

If we let him sign elsewhere for megabucks we get the third back, potentially, in the form of comp pick. Let's confuse the matter fully.

We could then trade that comp pick with NE next offseason to acquire Ridley back, and only be on the hook for his remaining salary, thereby forcing NE to eat all of the signing bonus on their cap.

It's the smartest play in the long game.

(03-12-2024, 06:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 2 years for $49M seems like a steal for a guy of Hunter's caliber.

Seems very noncommittal. Gives Hunter a couple seasons to earn a much bigger deal, They can move on from him in time for Anderson to get his bag. Don't forget that with Stroud and Anderson in the same darft, they can only tag one if both play 5 years on the rookie deals.

Not sure if it was Hunter that wanted the shorter length or the tinhorns.

(03-12-2024, 06:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 06:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oline better eat their Wheaties this offseason, that tinhorn rush will be no joke next year.

Need to keep Cam unless they plan to draft a tackle in the first. Every year one of our tackles get hurt.  Need at least 3 tackles

This is a steal for the Steelers.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2796103145

I'd cut Cam and sign Tyron Smith and move on.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-13-2024, 08:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Seems very noncommittal. Gives Hunter a couple seasons to earn a much bigger deal, They can move on from him in time for Anderson to get his bag. Don't forget that with Stroud and Anderson in the same darft, they can only tag one if both play 5 years on the rookie deals.

Apparently Hunter is from the Houston area and signed for less there versus some of the other offers he was getting.

(03-13-2024, 08:57 AM)Mikey Wrote:

It's very unlikely (based on how he's played so far) that Stroud will ever get to the franchise tag.  It's being reported that Hunter gave the Texans a discount, because he grew up just outside of Houston.  I think the 2 year contract works in favor of the Texans, as it gives them the opportunity to fill the position via the draft down the road without having any contract overhead.  Getting Hunter in his last prime years (29 and 30) for a very reasonable price, is a steal in my mind.

(03-13-2024, 10:21 AM)cland Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 08:57 AM)Mikey Wrote: Seems very noncommittal. Gives Hunter a couple seasons to earn a much bigger deal, They can move on from him in time for Anderson to get his bag. Don't forget that with Stroud and Anderson in the same darft, they can only tag one if both play 5 years on the rookie deals.

It's very unlikely (based on how he's played so far) that Stroud will ever get to the franchise tag.  It's being reported that Hunter gave the Texans a discount, because he grew up just outside of Houston.  I think the 2 year contract works in favor of the Texans, as it gives them the opportunity to fill the position via the draft down the road without having any contract overhead.  Getting Hunter in his last prime years (29 and 30) for a very reasonable price, is a steal in my mind.

Yeah the 2 year thing strikes me as maybe there's an outside chance he's considering planning on retiring after this stint and wanted to play for his home crowd before doing so.  Seems like he could have gotten a good chunk of guaranteed money into a 3rd year if he wanted to this time around.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2024, 05:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Ridley to the Titans

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1768021822874796389?s=20

(03-13-2024, 05:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ridley to the Titans

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1768021822874796389?s=20

that right there is why Jags hardly ever have winning seasons. They let good players go,and  the player signs with a rivial in the division.  2024 Jags are not looking very good in our divsion. I can see us back in basement, unless mac jones becomes the starting qb.

What trevor Lawrence is thinking,and won't say. 

https://tenor.com/view/lion-king-gif-5973081

Be interesting to see what the market will be for M. Williams. His injury history is so bad, he may be cheaper than expected.