Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Travis Kelce tantrum and shove

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2024, 08:20 AM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 2 times in total.)

Mod Edit: Wrong forum

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2024, 08:56 AM by Cleatwood. Edited 1 time in total.)

(02-16-2024, 04:09 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-15-2024, 10:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Players yelling at each other or the coach in a high stakes game?!  OH THE HORROR! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
One off, you can look past it. He got in his face and either pushed him or caused him to almost fall because he startled him.  Reid already took his helmet away and sat him for a little bit earlier in the year after he threw his helmet. He's a jock, probably on some drugs at his age, and having violent outbursts. It's becoming a pattern and if he doesn't get it under control, it will definitely happen off the field at some point.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Where’s Ogre from Revenge of the nerds when you need him?

I guess we should be going after Mahomes too right? Or Tom Brady? Or how about Kobe Bryant going after his teammates in practice? Or Jordan who used to do this?

Athletes are playing an emotional game and guess what… they get emotional! People already didn’t like Kelce and Taylor Swift for some weird reason and are just using this to justify their dislike. It’s pretty obvious.

And for the record, no one is saying what he did was right. He shouldn’t have done that and he admitted he shouldn’t have done it. But the reality is that football is intense and he went a little too far. Nothing more than that.

(02-15-2024, 10:21 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Players yelling at each other or the coach in a high stakes game?!  OH THE HORROR! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

....don't bring Tyreek Hill into this

Cool

(02-16-2024, 09:59 AM)Mikey Wrote:

....don't bring Tyreek Hill into this

Cool

I'd pat you on the back but it might break my arm.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-16-2024, 05:26 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 04:09 AM)p_rushing Wrote: One off, you can look past it. He got in his face and either pushed him or caused him to almost fall because he startled him.  Reid already took his helmet away and sat him for a little bit earlier in the year after he threw his helmet. He's a jock, probably on some drugs at his age, and having violent outbursts. It's becoming a pattern and if he doesn't get it under control, it will definitely happen off the field at some point.

LOL Tell us you've never did anything competitive in your life, without actually telling us you've never did anything competitive in your life LOL.

He did not push him, or even get close to causing him to fall, that is just idiot nonsense. He barely bumped him.

This is nothing more than a bunch of losers trying to make something out of nothing, but that's the sad and pathetic day and age we live in now. Cancel Culture [BLEEP].

I've played plenty of competitive sports, I also didn't get in the face of my coach, almost push him over, yell at him, or throw my helmet multiple times. You say he didn't get close to causing him to fall but then try to down play that him barely bumped him.

He has shown a bad pattern this season. I haven't said anything should be done about it but if he doesn't resolve the cause of it, someone will have to taken action when it continues to escalate and moves off the field.

(02-16-2024, 08:15 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 04:09 AM)p_rushing Wrote: One off, you can look past it. He got in his face and either pushed him or caused him to almost fall because he startled him.  Reid already took his helmet away and sat him for a little bit earlier in the year after he threw his helmet. He's a jock, probably on some drugs at his age, and having violent outbursts. It's becoming a pattern and if he doesn't get it under control, it will definitely happen off the field at some point.

Holy over reaction Batman.

What's an overreaction? His actions on the field have progressed during the season. Most people don't just turn that off when they go home. He is taking supplements, legal or not, to try and keep his body in shape to play as he is at the end of his career. That can have an effect on his emotions. Something is causing the change and if he doesn't deal with it, it won't magically go away. Him getting mad and losing it will be a problem that the team addresses if he doesn't.

(02-16-2024, 08:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

And for the record, no one is saying what he did was right. He shouldn’t have done that and he admitted he shouldn’t have done it. But the reality is that football is intense and he went a little too far. Nothing more than that.

Football is intense, life is intense. It was on the field, so he gets a pass but this isn't the first outburst. Right now it's nothing but he hasn't acted like this before. He is advancing in the wrong direction, so he needs to deal it before it happens in his regular life and he just can't say it went a little to far.

(02-19-2024, 04:31 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-16-2024, 05:26 AM)Eric1 Wrote: LOL Tell us you've never did anything competitive in your life, without actually telling us you've never did anything competitive in your life LOL.

He did not push him, or even get close to causing him to fall, that is just idiot nonsense. He barely bumped him.

This is nothing more than a bunch of losers trying to make something out of nothing, but that's the sad and pathetic day and age we live in now. Cancel Culture [BLEEP].

I've played plenty of competitive sports, I also didn't get in the face of my coach, almost push him over, yell at him, or throw my helmet multiple times. You say he didn't get close to causing him to fall but then try to down play that him barely bumped him.

He has shown a bad pattern this season. I haven't said anything should be done about it but if he doesn't resolve the cause of it, someone will have to taken action when it continues to escalate and moves off the field.

(02-16-2024, 08:15 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Holy over reaction Batman.

What's an overreaction? His actions on the field have progressed during the season. Most people don't just turn that off when they go home. He is taking supplements, legal or not, to try and keep his body in shape to play as he is at the end of his career. That can have an effect on his emotions. Something is causing the change and if he doesn't deal with it, it won't magically go away. Him getting mad and losing it will be a problem that the team addresses if he doesn't.

wanna cite your source on that, or is this your speculation?
You're blowing this waaaaaaaay out of proportion. It's an emotional outburst, yes, but Pat, Trevor, and Tawmy are just as guilty of acting out in frustration when a play goes wrong and undoes months of effort and sacrifice.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2024, 05:45 PM by p_rushing.)

(02-19-2024, 10:11 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-19-2024, 04:31 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I've played plenty of competitive sports, I also didn't get in the face of my coach, almost push him over, yell at him, or throw my helmet multiple times. You say he didn't get close to causing him to fall but then try to down play that him barely bumped him.

wanna cite your source on that, or is this your speculation?
You're blowing this waaaaaaaay out of proportion. It's an emotional outburst, yes, but Pat, Trevor, and Tawmy are just as guilty of acting out in frustration when a play goes wrong and undoes months of effort and sacrifice.
He's 34 and has a lot of miles on his body. To stay that big and be able to play, he is on something. Every player should be taking something or they will be at a disadvantage. That doesn't mean it's illegal but it could be causing some imbalance in his body. He could also be feeling the outside pressure that he has to win or he gets a song written about him.

We don't know what, if anything, is causing it to happen this year but you have to agree there is a change in how he is acting. All I'm saying is he needs to get it under control so it doesn't continue to get worse. I'm not saying whatever the Swift fans are about him being a woman beater or whatever because he did that on the field.

(02-19-2024, 05:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(02-19-2024, 10:11 AM)Mikey Wrote: wanna cite your source on that, or is this your speculation?
He's 34 and has a lot of miles on his body. To stay that big and be able to play, he is on something. Every player should be taking something or they will be at a disadvantage. That doesn't mean it's illegal but it could be causing some imbalance in his body. He could also be feeling the outside pressure that he has to win or he gets a song written about him.

We don't know what, if anything, is causing it to happen this year but you have to agree there is a change in how he is acting.  All I'm saying is he needs to get it under control so it doesn't continue to get worse. I'm not saying whatever the Swift fans are about him being a woman beater or whatever because he did that on the field.

you coulda just said 'speculation'.

I think we should start making more [BLEEP] up to ‘support’ our flawed point.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]