Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 combine talk

Fiske looks great moving around. I don't like that he's 24 though in the sense he's probably close to his ceiling compared to other DTs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-29-2024, 04:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 04:43 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Ruke with another 4.9. He might be the guy to watch.

I really like Kris Jenkins.  Been high on him for a while. Championship pedigree, has the bloodline, good size, long arms, a beast against the run and has potential to be a high end interior pass rusher

I like him a little bit. Not nearly as high on him as some of the other prospects in this draft though. I think we need a bigger body inside that can do both. 

(02-29-2024, 05:05 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Fiske looks great moving around. I don't like that he's 24 though in the sense he's probably close to his ceiling compared to other DTs

I agree with this as well. I like him because of his motor and his production is obviously there, but, he may be capped out more than any of these guys. 

I like Leonard Taylor III out of Miami as a guy you can develop with a higher ceiling. He'll be 21 on the day of the draft. I think he's a guy you could look at in RD2 and work with early and often.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 05:51 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar.)

Official times in, top 10 40 times for DTs. More importantly second time is 10 yard split

1. Braden Fiske 4.78 (1.68)
2T. Brandon Dorlus 4.85 (1.68)
2T. Mekhi Wingo 4.85 (1.64)
4. Byron Murphy II 4.87 (1.69)
5. Ruke Orhorhoro 4.89 (1.67)
6. Kris Jenkins 4.91 (1.70)
7. Jaden Crumedy 4.97 (1.69)
8. Dewayne Carter 4.99 (1.72)
9. Maason Smith 5.01 (1.75)
10. Tyler Davis 5.02 (1.72)

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 06:38 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 5 times in total.)

(02-29-2024, 05:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 04:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I really like Kris Jenkins.  Been high on him for a while. Championship pedigree, has the bloodline, good size, long arms, a beast against the run and has potential to be a high end interior pass rusher

I like him a little bit. Not nearly as high on him as some of the other prospects in this draft though. I think we need a bigger body inside that can do both. 

(02-29-2024, 05:05 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Fiske looks great moving around. I don't like that he's 24 though in the sense he's probably close to his ceiling compared to other DTs

I agree with this as well. I like him because of his motor and his production is obviously there, but, he may be capped out more than any of these guys. 

I like Leonard Taylor III out of Miami as a guy you can develop with a higher ceiling. He'll be 21 on the day of the draft. I think he's a guy you could look at in RD2 and work with early and often.

I think he can do both especially when he has Allen and Walker in the edges.  Who are you thinking in the 2nd or 3rd that is bigger and can do both? I'm with you on Fiske and would love to add him I just think it's almost a guarantee his arms are to short for Baalke. Arm length doesn't really matter to me for a DT but a few people on here disagree big time and they slammed Kancey for it last year and didn't think he would be a good pro because of it. His arms are about the same length as Kanceys. 3/8s different. So I know a few people on here doesn't want him

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 07:17 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 2 times in total.)

I really hope we dont get Wiggins, hard pass for me. This was a very odd interview lol. Not only was he cluless about Trevor and Etienne but he called Mia a Sir lol

https://twitter.com/miaobrientv/status/1...emYB7il9zQ

This is the type of score i like to see on a player. Above 80 in production and athletisism score. Not just a high athletic score and a low production score or vise versa. I doubt Verse makes it to our pick

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jared-vers...bc714466d7

Hard pass lol

https://twitter.com/brentsobleski/status...5142302759

(02-29-2024, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 05:27 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like him a little bit. Not nearly as high on him as some of the other prospects in this draft though. I think we need a bigger body inside that can do both. 

I think he can do both especially when he has Allen and Walker in the edges.  Who are you thinking in the 2nd or 3rd that is bigger and can do both? I'm with you on Fiske and would love to add him I just think it's almost a guarantee his arms are to short for Baalke. Arm length doesn't really matter to me for a DT but a few people on here disagree big time and they slammed Kancey for it last year and didn't think he would be a good pro because of it. His arms are about the same length as Kanceys. 3/8s different. So I know a few people on here doesn't want him
I really like Gabe Hall out of Baylor & Michael Hall Jr. out of OSU.

I also think Mekhi Wingo out of LSU is underrated and could be a steal.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 10:58 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar.)

(02-29-2024, 05:50 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Official times in, top 10 40 times for DTs. More importantly second time is 10 yard split

1. Braden Fiske  4.78 (1.68)
2T. Brandon Dorlus  4.85 (1.68)
2T. Mekhi Wingo  4.85 (1.64)

RAS 17th all time for DTs

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1763377214173675554

We haven't had a chris Jones dash incident yet have we

(02-29-2024, 07:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hard pass lol

https://twitter.com/brentsobleski/status...5142302759

LOL
some people in the political forum want him at 17

(02-29-2024, 09:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think he can do both especially when he has Allen and Walker in the edges.  Who are you thinking in the 2nd or 3rd that is bigger and can do both?  I'm with you on Fiske and would love to add him I just think it's almost a guarantee his arms are to short for Baalke.  Arm length doesn't really matter to me for a DT but a few people on here disagree big time and they slammed Kancey for it last year and didn't think he would be a good pro because of it.  His arms are about the same length as Kanceys.  3/8s different.  So I know a few people on here doesn't want him
I really like Gabe Hall out of Baylor & Michael Hall Jr. out of OSU.

I thought you said bigger?  Lol.  290, 291, and 284 are the weight on 3.   As far as Wingo, I have brought him up a few times as he might be linked here with the addition of Matt House to the coaching staff, who has been on that LSU defensive coaching staff the last few years.  I'm just not sure Baalke will want a 6' 284 lb DT

(02-29-2024, 10:57 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 05:50 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Official times in, top 10 40 times for DTs. More importantly second time is 10 yard split

1. Braden Fiske  4.78 (1.68)
2T. Brandon Dorlus  4.85 (1.68)
2T. Mekhi Wingo  4.85 (1.64)

RAS 17th all time for DTs

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1763377214173675554

Good stuff.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 09:18 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-01-2024, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 09:38 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I really like Gabe Hall out of Baylor & Michael Hall Jr. out of OSU.

I thought you said bigger?  Lol.  290, 291, and 284 are the weight on 3.   As far as Wingo, I have brought him up a few times as he might be linked here with the addition of Matt House to the coaching staff, who has been on that LSU defensive coaching staff the last few years.  I'm just not sure Baalke will want a 6' 284 lb DT

Should rephrase by what I meant to say. "Plays Bigger". I just feel like those three guys above played a lot bigger than Jenkins, had more of a consistent showing on the stat sheet as well. This doesn't mean that Jenkins can't play. I think he'll be a good player. Just depends on the scheme and supporting cast. 

We missed out on guys like Mazi Smith and Kalijah Kancey. I think we're putting too much stock on DaVon Hamilton to come back this year and be whoever it was they envisioned. Would much rather have a viable free agent scooped up in Free Agency that's more proven, consistent Vs. trying to take a chance on a rookie.

I really feel like that's my approach in general with this team. If you know you have CLEAR weaknesses on the offensive line and defensive line, especially within the interior? I would rather them overhaul some of those needs in March while prioritizing the skill positions earlier on throughout the draft. 

Go ahead and take the EDGE rusher or WR there with the 17th pick if you end up liking Jared Verse or Chop Robinson enough. Go ahead and take Brian Thomas Jr. or Keon Coleman if you feel like we need more than just Kirk, Jones, Jones & Cook, etc. if they lose Ridley to the market. 

Revisit the line again or secondary in the 2nd RD and take you a versatile player that can move and roam around a bit if needed. I just think they need to try and backfill critical areas of need in free agency Vs. playing the game of chance in April.

(03-01-2024, 09:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 08:19 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thought you said bigger?  Lol.  290, 291, and 284 are the weight on 3.   As far as Wingo, I have brought him up a few times as he might be linked here with the addition of Matt House to the coaching staff, who has been on that LSU defensive coaching staff the last few years.  I'm just not sure Baalke will want a 6' 284 lb DT

Should rephrase by what I meant to say. "Plays Bigger". I just feel like those three guys above played a lot bigger than Jenkins, had more of a consistent showing on the stat sheet as well. This doesn't mean that Jenkins can't play. I think he'll be a good player. Just depends on the scheme and supporting cast. 

We missed out on guys like Mazi Smith and Kalijah Kancey. I think we're putting too much stock on DaVon Hamilton to come back this year and be whoever it was they envisioned. Would much rather have a viable free agent scooped up in Free Agency that's more proven, consistent Vs. trying to take a chance on a rookie.

I really feel like that's my approach in general with this team. If you know you have CLEAR weaknesses on the offensive line and defensive line, especially within the interior? I would rather them overhaul some of those needs in March while prioritizing the skill positions earlier on throughout the draft. 

Go ahead and take the EDGE rusher or WR there with the 17th pick if you end up liking Jared Verse or Chop Robinson enough. Go ahead and take Brian Thomas Jr. or Keon Coleman if you feel like we need more than just Kirk, Jones, Jones & Cook, etc. if they lose Ridley to the market. 

Revisit the line again or secondary in the 2nd RD and take you a versatile player that can move and roam around a bit if needed. I just think they need to try and backfill critical areas of need in free agency Vs. playing the game of chance in April.

If you want to talked about production, Jenkins was more productive than those 2 as well.  He was the best defensive player on the best defense in the country.  He was a huge part of why Michigan's defense was so good and helped lead them to a championship 

Productions scores for the 3.

Gabe Hall-  57, in the red and a poor production score.

Michael Hall- 64

Jenkins- 68

It wouldn't shock me if the Chargers took Jenkins in the 2nd before we pick though.  Harbaugh was watching him like a hawk yestday at the combine.  I think the Chargers take Corum as well with they way he loves to run the football, I could see him being a damn good back. 

https://x.com/PFF_College/status/1710069...26020?s=20

(03-01-2024, 09:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 09:17 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Should rephrase by what I meant to say. "Plays Bigger". I just feel like those three guys above played a lot bigger than Jenkins, had more of a consistent showing on the stat sheet as well. This doesn't mean that Jenkins can't play. I think he'll be a good player. Just depends on the scheme and supporting cast. 

If you want to talked about production, Jenkins was more productive than those 2 as well.  He was the best defensive player on the best defense in the country.  He was a huge part of why Michigan's defense was so good and helped lead them to a championship 

Productions scores for the 3.

Gabe Hall-  57, in the red and a poor production score.

Michael Hall- 64

Jenkins- 68

It wouldn't shock me if the Chargers took Jenkins in the 2nd before we pick though.  Harbaugh was watching him like a hawk yestday at the combine.  I think the Chargers take Corum as well with they way he loves to run the football, I could see him being a damn good back. 

https://x.com/PFF_College/status/1710069...26020?s=20

Yeah. Harbaugh getting his players he coached personally is an easy decision for him. Especially if they're good. 

With Gabe Hall, though, the reason his production is lower is because Baylor asked him to do more at different positions. He was not only a DT, he also played outside as well at times. 

He can play the 1 or 2 gap if needed. That's partly why I like him. He's not a world beater by any means but he's a good rotational player that can fill multiple roles on a team that lacks balance, depth and versatility.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 10:32 AM by Mikey.)

(02-29-2024, 09:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 09:29 AM)Mikey Wrote: but we won't need a lot of edge rushers if we get Lawrence killed and our offense turns to 3 plays and a punt. These guys better be good at stopping the run.

That's why you fix the interior oline as well.  You can fix the interior oline without taking one at 17.

/walker little waves
//Luke Fortner stands around cluelessly
///Ben Bartch forgot he played in Duval

I guess you're right.

(02-29-2024, 02:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rakestraw getting some buzz so far for Jags at 17.

I don't know too much about him but seems to be a press cover corner.

https://twitter.com/gus_logue/status/176...11919?s=20

that seems suuuuuuuuuper early for him. welcome to lying season, folks.

(02-29-2024, 03:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I really don't like the idea of them taking a CB with the 17th overall pick. I honestly hope this is an early attempt of getting some teams scared and willing to jump up via trade with the intention of them picking up an extra 2nd RD selection or more.

We have:

Darious Williams for one more year.
Tyson Campbell entering a contract year.
Buster Brown that's been developing well.
Potentially Tre Herndon coming back in free agency if a contract is offered.
Antonio Johnson from last year that can play the slot.
Christian Braswell who made the team last year as a 6th RD pick and was placed on IR in October but was promising leaving Rutgers.

I don't think that means you don't entertain the idea completely. I just would have to question what they're doing evaluations wise across the board, and, again, we still need to see what they do in two weeks via free agency. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself a little bit, but, if they manage to secure a pair of offensive lineman and a pair of defensive lineman it really narrows that pick down to CB and WR for me.

I also think guys like Max Melton, T.J Tampa, Khyree Jackson & Cam Hart would offer just as much upside on day three Vs. Rakestraw who is basically coming in hot and out of nowhere all of a sudden. Just feels "off" in my opinion. Similar to last year when the Commanders and Jets reached in my opinion for guys like Forbes and McDonald respectively.

That's the kind of vibe and feeling I am getting with Rakestraw.

My thing is that if CB is such a deep position, jumping into the pool early means either those guys have to be phenomenal, or you are sacrificing a lot of value by not waiting and addressing a different position that may not be as deep or a player that is much more substantial than the rest at their position.

I think RD2 is where you look for a CB. Heck, if one of the top guys starts sliding, make a move.

(02-29-2024, 04:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 5. CB ENNIS RAKESTRAW JR., MISSOURI
BIG BOARD RANK: 27
Rakestraw is an incredibly smart and savvy off-coverage cornerback who plays in a way that makes watching his film a joy. Before the plays are even snapped, you can see evidence of his football IQ with his pre-snap communication and adjustments to motion. He does most of his work in off-coverage (Cover 3, quarters and underneath zones) and does so beautifully, showing excellent spacing and ability to pass off routes with ease. He is not asked to play press or single coverage often, which makes me wonder about the true mirror/recovery speed, but his skill set of fluid hips, quick feet, good burst and excellent instincts give him starting-caliber traits.

....so the exact opposite of what our DC likes to do?

HOW DUVAL IS THIS PICK

(03-01-2024, 10:28 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 09:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's why you fix the interior oline as well.  You can fix the interior oline without taking one at 17.

/walker little waves
//Luke Fortner stands around cluelessly
///Ben Bartch forgot he played in Duval

I guess you're right.

(02-29-2024, 02:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rakestraw getting some buzz so far for Jags at 17.

I don't know too much about him but seems to be a press cover corner.

https://twitter.com/gus_logue/status/176...11919?s=20

that seems suuuuuuuuuper early for him. welcome to lying season, folks.

(02-29-2024, 03:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I really don't like the idea of them taking a CB with the 17th overall pick. I honestly hope this is an early attempt of getting some teams scared and willing to jump up via trade with the intention of them picking up an extra 2nd RD selection or more.

We have:

Darious Williams for one more year.
Tyson Campbell entering a contract year.
Buster Brown that's been developing well.
Potentially Tre Herndon coming back in free agency if a contract is offered.
Antonio Johnson from last year that can play the slot.
Christian Braswell who made the team last year as a 6th RD pick and was placed on IR in October but was promising leaving Rutgers.

I don't think that means you don't entertain the idea completely. I just would have to question what they're doing evaluations wise across the board, and, again, we still need to see what they do in two weeks via free agency. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself a little bit, but, if they manage to secure a pair of offensive lineman and a pair of defensive lineman it really narrows that pick down to CB and WR for me.

I also think guys like Max Melton, T.J Tampa, Khyree Jackson & Cam Hart would offer just as much upside on day three Vs. Rakestraw who is basically coming in hot and out of nowhere all of a sudden. Just feels "off" in my opinion. Similar to last year when the Commanders and Jets reached in my opinion for guys like Forbes and McDonald respectively.

That's the kind of vibe and feeling I am getting with Rakestraw.

My thing is that if CB is such a deep position, jumping into the pool early means either those guys have to be phenomenal, or you are sacrificing a lot of value by not waiting and addressing a different position that may not be as deep or a player that is much more substantial than the rest at their position.

I think RD2 is where you look for a CB. Heck, if one of the top guys starts sliding, make a move.

It's pretty deep this year. CB & WR are probably the two positions this year where it's about 3 to 4 rounds deep for the average team. 

I think our goal should be to take the big guys early. On either side of the football. Don't care if it's a RT who can play RG or a LG that can play C. Don't care if it's a DT that can play DE or a DE that can play OLB. 

If the size is there, and, the strength and speed matches the production and film? Take the guy. We need to get bigger and more physical on both sides of the football. It's a common trait amongst the best in this business. 

The only way you go CB that early is if you see him as the next Darrell Revis or Ahmad Gardner. Which I honestly don't see in this class at all. Nobody really jumps out at me. Would rather get the bigger guys on day two or day three. Cam Hart and Khyree Jackson in particular should fit the bill that this secondary needs on the outside.