Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2024 combine talk

(03-01-2024, 10:28 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 09:44 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's why you fix the interior oline as well.  You can fix the interior oline without taking one at 17.

/walker little waves
//Luke Fortner stands around cluelessly
///Ben Bartch forgot he played in Duval

I guess you're right.

(02-29-2024, 02:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Rakestraw getting some buzz so far for Jags at 17.

I don't know too much about him but seems to be a press cover corner.

https://twitter.com/gus_logue/status/176...11919?s=20

that seems suuuuuuuuuper early for him. welcome to lying season, folks.

(02-29-2024, 03:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I really don't like the idea of them taking a CB with the 17th overall pick. I honestly hope this is an early attempt of getting some teams scared and willing to jump up via trade with the intention of them picking up an extra 2nd RD selection or more.

We have:

Darious Williams for one more year.
Tyson Campbell entering a contract year.
Buster Brown that's been developing well.
Potentially Tre Herndon coming back in free agency if a contract is offered.
Antonio Johnson from last year that can play the slot.
Christian Braswell who made the team last year as a 6th RD pick and was placed on IR in October but was promising leaving Rutgers.

I don't think that means you don't entertain the idea completely. I just would have to question what they're doing evaluations wise across the board, and, again, we still need to see what they do in two weeks via free agency. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself a little bit, but, if they manage to secure a pair of offensive lineman and a pair of defensive lineman it really narrows that pick down to CB and WR for me.

I also think guys like Max Melton, T.J Tampa, Khyree Jackson & Cam Hart would offer just as much upside on day three Vs. Rakestraw who is basically coming in hot and out of nowhere all of a sudden. Just feels "off" in my opinion. Similar to last year when the Commanders and Jets reached in my opinion for guys like Forbes and McDonald respectively.

That's the kind of vibe and feeling I am getting with Rakestraw.

My thing is that if CB is such a deep position, jumping into the pool early means either those guys have to be phenomenal, or you are sacrificing a lot of value by not waiting and addressing a different position that may not be as deep or a player that is much more substantial than the rest at their position.

I think RD2 is where you look for a CB. Heck, if one of the top guys starts sliding, make a move.

You still dont get it, I said fix the line.  Just because you take an olineman doesn't mean you fixed the line.  That's why i hate drafting for positions.  You have to actually take good players to help fix the position.  Just drafting a lineman when you need a lineman doesn't do [BLEEP] and can put you back if the player isn't that good and you are passing up good players at other positions

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-01-2024, 11:31 AM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3962...ine-448-40

He's an interesting prospect. I like this kid. Penn St. has been churning out good players on defense over the past few years and I think he'll keep that reputation going. Probably has the highest ceiling out of the edge rushing group and he's only 21 years old. 

The only knock on him is his height, weight and arm length. Not a size queen on my end. A good football player is a good football player. But, Baalke IS a notorious size queen and Chop's T-Rex arms might turn him off.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-01-2024, 12:52 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 11:31 AM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3962...ine-448-40

He's an interesting prospect. I like this kid. Penn St. has been churning out good players on defense over the past few years and I think he'll keep that reputation going. Probably has the highest ceiling out of the edge rushing group and he's only 21 years old. 

The only knock on him is his height, weight and arm length. Not a size queen on my end. A good football player is a good football player. But, Baalke IS a notorious size queen and Chop's T-Rex arms might turn him off.

No thank you on Robinson.  Definitely not at 17 and I think there will be guys there I would rather have in the 2nd over him.  If any of Turner, Latu, or Verse are there at 17 though I think they have to take a hard look at that.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 03:09 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 3 times in total.)

CB measurements coming in. Nate Wiggins dropped 10 pounds from last year. I don't get that at all unless he's trying to break 4.2s. I thought he would add 5 pounds and get closer to 190. Lets see what he weighs in at his pro day. If he's still in 170s I'll be concerned. He was 186 at Fall Camp weigh in last year. On the flip side he's only 20, 3rd youngest player in the draft. Emmanuel Forbes who weighed in at 166 was 22 for example at the Combine. Quinyon Mitchell will be 23 soon. Reasonable time to add strength for Nate the Great

Alabama CBs both coming in under 6 foot. Kool Aid also has a stress fracture in his foot. Mitchell keeps moving up boards his 40 should be flying.

Nate Wiggins

Height: 6-1 3/8
Weight: 173
Arm: 30 4/8
Hand: 9
Wingspan: 74 2/8

Kool-Aid McKinstry

Height: 5114
Weight: 199
Hand: 8 1/2
Arm: 32
Wing: 75 7/8

Terrion Arnold

Height: 5-11 6/8
Weight: 189
Arm: 31 5/8
Hand: 8 7/8
Wingspan: 76 2/8

Quinyon Mitchell

Height: 6-0 1/8
Weight: 195
Arm: 31
Hand: 9 2/8
Wingspan: 75 6/8

Mia just said on 1010xl that the interview with Wiggins didn't go so well when he met with the Jags. Thank God

(03-01-2024, 01:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mia just said on 1010xl that the interview with Wiggins didn't go so well when he met with the Jags.  Thank God

Name your top CBs in order

(03-01-2024, 01:24 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: CB measurements coming in. Nate Wiggins dropped 10 pounds from last year. I don't get that at all unless he's trying to break 4.2s. I thought he would add 5 pounds and get closer to 190. Lets see what he weighs in at his pro day. If he's still in 170s I'll be concerned. He was 186 at Fall Camp weigh in last year

Alabama CBs both coming in under 6 foot. Kool Aid also has a stress fracture in his foot. Mitchell keeps moving up boards his 40 should be flying.

Nate Wiggins

Height: 6-1 3/8
Weight: 173
Arm: 30 4/8
Hand: 9
Wingspan: 74 2/8

Kool-Aid McKinstry

Height: 5114
Weight: 199
Hand: 8 1/2
Arm: 32
Wing: 75 7/8

Terrion Arnold

Height: 5-11 6/8
Weight: 189
Arm: 31 5/8
Hand: 8 7/8
Wingspan: 76 2/8

Quinyon Mitchell

Height: 6-0 1/8
Weight: 195
Arm: 31
Hand: 9 2/8
Wingspan: 75 6/8

Kinda crazy Wiggins is the tallest with the shortest arms

Yeah no thanks on Wiggins. In those short clips posted the guy seems and sounds like a total dimwit.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 03:51 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-01-2024, 01:55 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 01:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Mia just said on 1010xl that the interview with Wiggins didn't go so well when he met with the Jags.  Thank God

Can't speak for him but it would be:

1. Quinyon Mitchell
2. Cooper DeJean
3. Ga'Quincy McKinstry 
4. Nate Wiggins
5. Kalen King

(03-01-2024, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1763576...14888?s=20

I really, really like Brian Thomas Jr. His 2023 highlights are really fun to watch. Great hands, high points it, good ball tracking, really, really good sideline and endzone ability and his footwork is really good. 

Even if they do manage to get Ridley back on the team. I would still want this kid on the team and in consideration at pick 17. I would hate to see him end up with the Bengals, Bills or Tinhorns.

Wouldn't put it past the Chiefs trying to come up and get him or Keon Coleman as well on the opening night of the draft.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-01-2024, 03:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 01:55 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Name your top CBs in order

Can't speak for him but it would be:

1. Quinyon Mitchell
2. Cooper DeJean
3. Ga'Quincy McKinstry 
4. Nate Wiggins
5. Kalen King

(03-01-2024, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://x.com/MiaOBrienTV/status/1763576...14888?s=20

I really, really like Brian Thomas Jr. His 2023 highlights are really fun to watch. Great hands, high points it, good ball tracking, really, really good sideline and endzone ability and his footwork is really good. 

Even if they do manage to get Ridley back on the team. I would still want this kid on the team and in consideration at pick 17. I would hate to see him end up with the Bengals, Bills or Tinhorns.

Wouldn't put it past the Chiefs trying to come up and get him or Keon Coleman as well on the opening night of the draft.

I concur with Mitchell at 1 the more I've heard about him. Also agree Kool Aid better than Arnold. Arnold most overhyped DB this class IMO his coverage production is simply not great and he doesn't have elite size or speed. Cooper is a stud but I'm lumping him with Safety's and Nickelbacks. I remember Clemson CBs coach scouting King in HS and being very impressed as Michigan is not the usual recruiting footprint. Same for Lassiter who at one point was Clemson bound so no surprise he turned out to be a player for UGA

I don't feel strongly about the order subject to change, I'll go
1. Mitchell
2. Wiggins
3. Kool Aid
4. Lassiter
5. Rakestraw

Unofficial Times rolling in

Mitchell: 4.33
Wiggins: 4.29
Terrion Arnold: 4.51
Decamerion Richardson: 4.34 Miss State CB at 6'2 is intriguing

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 04:39 PM by Caldrac. Edited 2 times in total.)

(03-01-2024, 04:19 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 03:44 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Can't speak for him but it would be:

1. Quinyon Mitchell
2. Cooper DeJean
3. Ga'Quincy McKinstry 
4. Nate Wiggins
5. Kalen King

I concur with Mitchell at 1 the more I've heard about him. Also agree Kool Aid better than Arnold. Arnold most overhyped DB this class IMO his coverage production is simply not great and he doesn't have elite size or speed. Cooper is a stud but I'm lumping him with Safety's and Nickelbacks. I remember Clemson CBs coach scouting King in HS and being very impressed as Michigan is not the usual recruiting footprint. Same for Lassiter who at one point was Clemson bound so no surprise he turned out to be a player for UGA

1. Mitchell
2. Wiggins
3. Kool Aid
4. Lassiter
5. Rakestraw

I think Cooper being white is why nobody takes him too seriously at the next level as a CB. Because it's just not traditionally a white guy position. Riley Moss, his former teammate, he ended up with Denver last year but was hurt at some point. 

DeJean is a better athlete than him. The reason I rate him highly is because of his versatility. He can play safety, he can play outside corner, he can play slot, he can play man and he can play zone. He also gives you a viable threat on special teams if needed in a pinch.

He's a natural athlete and because of his versatility I think you get more opportunities of having success out of him. At the very least, I think he'll end up being who everybody was hoping Jabrill Peppers would be in the NFL when he left Michigan. 

Agreed on Arnold. Not a fan of his. His counterpart, McKinstry is a better overall player in my opinion. I like his potential. I think his potential is high enough to where he could be another Jaire Alexander type in the NFL. 

Kalen King is a really good man-to-man option in RD2 in my opinion. He's been a good player for Penn St. Again, another good school and program putting out promising talent on defense. 

I don't think he's as good as Joey Porter Jr. was coming out of school last year but he has CB2 potential and that's at least one less starter you have to worry about if you need one. I think Kalen King has high end potential though. 

I like Wiggins size and he probably has the most potential to grow as a football player at the next level.

Wiggins 40 time if officially clocked at 4.2 is going to more than likely solidify him as a top 15 pick for some team. That's really good straight line speed for a 6'1 prospect.

I don't think his weight will scare too many teams off. It didn't stop teams last year from drafting guys like Forbes and McDonald (DE/OLB) earlier than expected. Wiggins at least already had some good qualities and a reputation on him leaving Clemson.

Wiggins said he felt groin pop during run and done for the day. Said he was not happy with 4.29 wanted 4.20. 4.20 impossible but I bet a little lower if not for injury that's sad hope its not torn [BLEEP]

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 05:28 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-01-2024, 04:35 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 04:19 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: I concur with Mitchell at 1 the more I've heard about him. Also agree Kool Aid better than Arnold. Arnold most overhyped DB this class IMO his coverage production is simply not great and he doesn't have elite size or speed. Cooper is a stud but I'm lumping him with Safety's and Nickelbacks. I remember Clemson CBs coach scouting King in HS and being very impressed as Michigan is not the usual recruiting footprint. Same for Lassiter who at one point was Clemson bound so no surprise he turned out to be a player for UGA

1. Mitchell
2. Wiggins
3. Kool Aid
4. Lassiter
5. Rakestraw

I think Cooper being white is why nobody takes him too seriously at the next level as a CB. Because it's just not traditionally a white guy position. Riley Moss, his former teammate, he ended up with Denver last year but was hurt at some point. 

DeJean is a better athlete than him. The reason I rate him highly is because of his versatility. He can play safety, he can play outside corner, he can play slot, he can play man and he can play zone. He also gives you a viable threat on special teams if needed in a pinch.

He's a natural athlete and because of his versatility I think you get more opportunities of having success out of him. At the very least, I think he'll end up being who everybody was hoping Jabrill Peppers would be in the NFL when he left Michigan. 

Agreed on Arnold. Not a fan of his. His counterpart, McKinstry is a better overall player in my opinion. I like his potential. I think his potential is high enough to where he could be another Jaire Alexander type in the NFL. 

Kalen King is a really good man-to-man option in RD2 in my opinion. He's been a good player for Penn St. Again, another good school and program putting out promising talent on defense. 

I don't think he's as good as Joey Porter Jr. was coming out of school last year but he has CB2 potential and that's at least one less starter you have to worry about if you need one. I think Kalen King has high end potential though. 

I like Wiggins size and he probably has the most potential to grow as a football player at the next level.

Wiggins 40 time if officially clocked at 4.2 is going to more than likely solidify him as a top 15 pick for some team. That's really good straight line speed for a 6'1 prospect.

I don't think his weight will scare too many teams off. It didn't stop teams last year from drafting guys like Forbes and McDonald (DE/OLB) earlier than expected. Wiggins at least already had some good qualities and a reputation on him leaving Clemson.

Good stuff. Another guy to keep an eye on is Andru Philips out of Kentucky. I was really impressed him vs Clemson in Gator Bowl

Official 40 times:

Nate Wiggins: 4.28
Quinyon Mitchell: 4.33
Decamerion Richardson: 4.34
Nehemiah Pritchett: 4.36
Daequan Hardy: 4.38
Max Melton: 4.39
D.J. James: 4.42
Terrion Arnold: 4.50

I really hope bowers doesn't land in our divison.
.unless it's with us

(03-01-2024, 01:55 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:

1. Mitchell
2. DeJean
3. Kool-Aid ( depending on injury)
4. Arnold
5. Jarian Jones

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024, 06:46 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-01-2024, 04:49 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 04:35 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think Cooper being white is why nobody takes him too seriously at the next level as a CB. Because it's just not traditionally a white guy position. Riley Moss, his former teammate, he ended up with Denver last year but was hurt at some point. 

Good stuff. Another guy to keep an eye on is Andru Philips out of Kentucky. I was really impressed him vs Clemson in Gator Bowl

Official 40 times:

Nate Wiggins: 4.28
Quinyon Mitchell: 4.33
Decamerion Richardson: 4.34
Nehemiah Pritchett: 4.36
Daequan Hardy: 4.38
Max Melton: 4.39
D.J. James: 4.42
Terrion Arnold: 4.50

I like Max Melton. Played at Rutgers with Christian Braswell, his counterpart that we drafted last year in RD6. Melton comes from a good athletic family. That 4.39 at 6'0, 190 pounds doesn't surprise me one bit. 

He doesn't seem to get beat deep at all from what I have seen. I would take him in RD4 though if he's still on the board and see if he can be developed for a year or two. I am honestly hoping we get a jump up in play from Braswell in year two. Similar to Montaric Brown. 

The other CB's to watch for me are Khyree Jackson out of Oregon & T.J Tampa out of Iowa State.

(03-01-2024, 05:36 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I really hope bowers doesn't land in our divison.
.unless it's with us

Odds are that he does if he slips past the Chargers. I could see the tacks taking him to pair up with Levis for years to come. Too many mismatch opportunities for teams and with Callahan coming over there to coach them from the Bengals he'll probably see it the way most people see it.

2nd year QB that's scrappy with a big arm that likes to play backyard football with a big athletic mismatch player at TE that can run and catch, block and get open. It's very easily an early opportunity to create a safety blanket for himself as a play caller and 1st year head coach.

(03-01-2024, 05:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 01:55 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: Name your top CBs in order

1. Mitchell
2. DeJean
3. Kool-Aid ( depending on injury)
4. Arnold
5. Jarian Jones

Jarian is one of the best, if not, the best slot corner in this draft class. His performance today did him big time favors.

(03-01-2024, 05:36 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: I really hope bowers doesn't land in our divison.
.unless it's with us

Agreed