Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Trade for Mac Jones

(03-14-2024, 12:25 PM)H8tank Wrote: Mac will light it up in the pre-season, a starting QB will go down in week one or two, and we trade Mac for a Round 2 or 3 pick. 

Winning.

We traded Rob Johnson to Buffalo for their #1 pick. That turned into Freddy T.  Can lighting strike twice?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-10-2024, 10:21 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 12:25 PM)H8tank Wrote: Mac will light it up in the pre-season, a starting QB will go down in week one or two, and we trade Mac for a Round 2 or 3 pick. 

Winning.

We traded Rob Johnson to Buffalo for their #1 pick. That turned into Freddy T.  Can lighting strike twice?

No
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-10-2024, 06:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/J5_Sports1/status/17...2709824880

Could possibly see Stroud coming here to be Trevors back up in a few years after we win the SB

Tell me you didn't watch him play without telling me.

(04-10-2024, 10:49 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 10:21 PM)Jag149 Wrote: We traded Rob Johnson to Buffalo for their #1 pick. That turned into Freddy T.  Can lighting strike twice?

No

Pleeeease???

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2024, 02:04 PM by nhiverson.)

(04-10-2024, 11:21 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 06:41 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/J5_Sports1/status/17...2709824880

Could possibly see Stroud coming here to be Trevors back up in a few years after we win the SB

Tell me you didn't watch him play without telling me.

I don't know about all that but I do know the games I saw of Stroud was a lot of chuck it up and the WR always went up and caught it. He'll have a down year if even a third of those go incomplete next season, well I think hes good but not great got bailed out a lot of crazy throws. I don't think he can maintain that heck vs us the second game that was the only thing he was successful at.
No Fun

(04-12-2024, 02:04 PM)nhiverson Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 11:21 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: Tell me you didn't watch him play without telling me.

I don't know about all that but I do know the games I saw of Stroud was a lot of chuck it up and the WR always went up and caught it. He'll have a down year if even a third of those go incomplete next season, well I think hes good but not great got bailed out a lot of crazy throws. I don't think he can maintain that heck vs us the second game that was the only thing he was successful at.

Massive regression sophomore slump incoming.  Along with a dose of side line bickering and locker room brawls and lots of finger pointing.

(04-12-2024, 02:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 02:04 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I don't know about all that but I do know the games I saw of Stroud was a lot of chuck it up and the WR always went up and caught it. He'll have a down year if even a third of those go incomplete next season, well I think hes good but not great got bailed out a lot of crazy throws. I don't think he can maintain that heck vs us the second game that was the only thing he was successful at.

Massive regression sophomore slump incoming.  Along with a dose of side line bickering and locker room brawls and lots of finger pointing.

What's the over/under for Diggs crying to be thrown to?

(04-12-2024, 02:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 02:04 PM)nhiverson Wrote: I don't know about all that but I do know the games I saw of Stroud was a lot of chuck it up and the WR always went up and caught it. He'll have a down year if even a third of those go incomplete next season, well I think hes good but not great got bailed out a lot of crazy throws. I don't think he can maintain that heck vs us the second game that was the only thing he was successful at.

Heard Jacksonville signed up to be the next test city: https://shorturl.at/kzC07

(04-12-2024, 03:32 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-12-2024, 02:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Massive regression sophomore slump incoming.  Along with a dose of side line bickering and locker room brawls and lots of finger pointing.

What's the over/under for Diggs crying to be thrown to?

Week 3, week 4 the whining starts.

Week 5 full Antonio Brown meltdown.

Winning.

Not sure we can find a franchise now that was as stupid as the Bills were that year. That was a gift from the ignorant. I would even make the argument that Mac Jones has more trade value now than Johnson had then, he certainly has more experience.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Winning.

We had the luxury of Rob Johnson starting that 1 game in 1997 and he went off against the Ravens.

Everybody knows what Jones is, which means no team will trade anything of value for him.

(04-10-2024, 08:29 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

This is funny.  The CJ hype is out of control and there's no way he lives up to it this year, that much is for sure.   We also collapsed and let them have the division which further boosted his profile.

I know fantasy is fantasy, but the dynasty trade calculator site Keep,Trade,Cut had CJ as the #1 dynasty QB for a short period last week after the Diggs trade.  Just ludicrous.  If I had any shares of CJ on any dynasty leagues I'm in, I'd cash in now.

CJ is definitely over-hyped at this point, but having watched him and Mac Jones as rookies CJ was by far the better of the two. Watching Mac as a rookie it was clear he'll be a career backup. Right now CJ looks like a guy that will start for a lot of years, even if he's currently over-hyped.

(04-16-2024, 06:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(04-10-2024, 10:21 PM)Jag149 Wrote: We traded Rob Johnson to Buffalo for their #1 pick. That turned into Freddy T.  Can lighting strike twice?

We had the luxury of Rob Johnson starting that 1 game in 1997 and he went off against the Ravens.

Everybody knows what Jones is, which means no team will trade anything of value for him.

Exactly.  Rob Johnson literally threw 28 passes for the Jags so he was the great unknown, who flashed.  Mac Jones has thrown 1308 passes for the Pats in regular season so everyone knows that he's pretty much the AJ McCarron of this decade.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2024, 12:14 PM by Jaguarmeister. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-19-2024, 09:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 06:23 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We had the luxury of Rob Johnson starting that 1 game in 1997 and he went off against the Ravens.

Exactly.  Rob Johnson literally threw 28 passes for the Jags so he was the great unknown, who flashed.  Mac Jones has thrown 1308 passes for the Pats in regular season so everyone knows that he's pretty much the AJ McCarron of this decade.

Mac may learn some things sitting behind Trevor and getting guidance from a former QB turned coach like Pederson.  Trevor may learn a thing or two as well.  Like when sliding keep your legs elevated a bit so you can kick up into the balls of the oncoming defender.  It should be a win/win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqcKjpnXlOo

Peyton after the interception: "Did you see that catch? He's a ballhawk."
Eli in response: "It's a different version of ballhawk."

lol

(04-19-2024, 12:06 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 09:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Exactly.  Rob Johnson literally threw 28 passes for the Jags so he was the great unknown, who flashed.  Mac Jones has thrown 1308 passes for the Pats in regular season so everyone knows that he's pretty much the AJ McCarron of this decade.

Mac may learn some things sitting behind Trevor and getting guidance from a former QB turned coach like Pederson.  Trevor may learn a thing or two as well.  Like when sliding keep your legs elevated a bit so you can kick up into the balls of the oncoming defender.  It should be a win/win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqcKjpnXlOo

Peyton after the interception:  "Did you see that catch?  He's a ballhawk."
Eli in response: "It's a different version of ballhawk."

lol

Dang !!!  I forgot about Mac's kick to the balls --- bringing the Patriot Way to the 904.

Declined his 5th year option, no surprise.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(04-30-2024, 03:13 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Declined his 5th year option, no surprise.

There's no reason to pick up the 5th year option when a 5 year $300 million contract is being drafted.

(03-10-2024, 04:42 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I am probbley one of the few jags fans thats  happy about the trade for mac jones.    

we all are about to witness the biggest comeback in NFL history by a qb.  When Mac Jones gets his chance to play qb for Jags he will show how great a qb he really is as he leads the Jaguars to thier first ever Super Bowl win even with a weak o-line. 

all of you will see jags should've taken Mac Jones to begin with.  Trevor is a great person ,hes just not the qb to take jags all the way. Jones is.  Lets go Jags!!!!!

even if its not as a qb he will  become our julian edelmon who goes from qb to  playing WR.    one way or the either mac jones will lead the jags to winning a Super Bowl.

What makes you think Mac Jones can play receiver? He's nothing like Edelman physically.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2024, 05:32 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-30-2024, 04:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-10-2024, 04:42 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I am probbley one of the few jags fans thats  happy about the trade for mac jones.    

we all are about to witness the biggest comeback in NFL history by a qb.  When Mac Jones gets his chance to play qb for Jags he will show how great a qb he really is as he leads the Jaguars to thier first ever Super Bowl win even with a weak o-line. 

all of you will see jags should've taken Mac Jones to begin with.  Trevor is a great person ,hes just not the qb to take jags all the way. Jones is.  Lets go Jags!!!!!

even if its not as a qb he will  become our julian edelmon who goes from qb to  playing WR.    one way or the either mac jones will lead the jags to winning a Super Bowl.

What makes you think Mac Jones can play receiver? He's nothing like Edelman physically.

Mac Jones is definitely no Julian Edelman.  I see him more like Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson mold.  If we can line him up wide and just throw him some deep jump balls I think we can at least go to the AFC Championship Game.

(04-30-2024, 05:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 04:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What makes you think Mac Jones can play receiver? He's nothing like Edelman physically.

Mac Jones is definitely no Julian Edelman.  I see him more like Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson mold.  If we can line him up wide and just throw him some deep jump balls I think we can at least go to the AFC Championship Game.
Haha best post of the year so far