Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your guy's at 48?

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 10:45 PM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

Who are your top guys at 48 you think could be there or would you trade up for anyone specific you think could be there a few spots up?

There are 3 players I think could possibly be there at 48 I really want. Id even trade up a few spots if it meant we landed one of these 3

Pearsall, Sweat, and Kris Jenkins.  I really want Pearsall but i think out of the 3 he is the least likely to be there but id love any of the 3. 

(4) Gregg on X: "@AroundTheNFL @RapSheet @MoveTheSticks Ridley $20M vs Pearsall $2M (2nd) Ridley Pearsall Ht 6'1" 6'1" Wt 189 189 40 4.43  4.41 10 1.53 1.57 Vert 31" 42" Broad  9'2" 10'9" 3cone 6.88 6.64 20 4.41 4.05 Bench 15 17 4.05 shuttle even beat Kupp's 4.08" / X (twitter.com)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like:

T.J Tampa at CB
Ruke Orhorhoro at DT
Xavier Legette at WR

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-19-2024, 10:17 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I like:

T.J Tampa at CB
Ruke Orhorhoro at DT
Xavier Legette at WR

This is a good list.

Beebe will probably be gone, but if some of the top guards start to slide back, it may be worth moving up to grab some value at a position of need.

My list would be:

1. T'Vondre Sweat: Scares me a little, but his ceiling is sky-high. Just stay in shape!

2. Leggett, Pearsall or Coleman: Different skill-sets, but any of these 3 receivers would look great in teal.

3. Rakestraw or Tampa if cornerback not taken in 1st. Rakestraw unlikely to be there.

Other possibilities would be Kris Jenkins, Darius Robinson and Zack Frazier

Any of these 8 players would provide great value at pick 48. One mock I've seen predicted an interesting, if unlikely trade. The Jaguars trade pick 48 to the Chiefs for cornerback L'Jarius Snead. I can't imagine a better fit at cornerback and he is just 27 years old. Naturally, the problem would be affording his price tag, If I were the Jaguars, I'd either release or trade Cam Robinson to make this happen. Signing Josh Allen to a long-term deal would also free up money for next season's cap. While the 8 players on my list have great potential, Snead is a proven player who has improved each year. Ryan Nielson would likely love this move added to Armstead, Savage and Darby.

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/stat...vidiA&s=19

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

T.J Tampa at CB
Ruke Orhorhoro at DT
Xavier Legette at WR

Draft Tampa.  Then trade for Dallas Goedert, Drake London, Calvin Austin and Cairo Santos and line them all up next to Ezra Cleveland and Parker Washington and declare them their own country.  Did I leave any cities undefended?

(03-20-2024, 11:17 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:

T.J Tampa at CB
Ruke Orhorhoro at DT
Xavier Legette at WR

Draft Tampa.  Then trade for Dallas Goedert, Drake London, Calvin Austin and Cairo Santos and line them all up next to Ezra Cleveland and Parker Washington and declare them their own country.  Did I leave any cities undefended?

Does that mean we'll have to bring in Matt Canada to coach?

On topic, I'd be looking for the special player more than addressing a particular position, so I like Caldrac's list OK.  Also possibly available at 48:

Zach Frazier at C
Ladd McConkey at WR
Christian Haynes at IOL
Jordan Morgan at T
Kool-Aid McKinstry

2 weeks ago I would have subbed in Rakestraw for McKinstry, AD Mitchell for McConkey.  Morgan would have been in the 1st round, Haynes in the 3rd.  

If Frazier slips, he'd probably be my pick.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 11:57 AM by Caldrac. Edited 1 time in total.)

(03-20-2024, 11:52 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 11:17 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Draft Tampa.  Then trade for Dallas Goedert, Drake London, Calvin Austin and Cairo Santos and line them all up next to Ezra Cleveland and Parker Washington and declare them their own country.  Did I leave any cities undefended?

On topic, I'd be looking for the special player more than addressing a particular position, so I like Caldrac's list OK.  Also possibly available at 48:

Zach Frazier at C
Ladd McConkey at WR
Christian Haynes at IOL
Jordan Morgan at T
Kool-Aid McKinstry

2 weeks ago I would have subbed in Rakestraw for McKinstry, AD Mitchell for McConkey.  Morgan would have been in the 1st round, Haynes in the 3rd.  

Good choices here. McConkey is a good receiver, great route runner and gets open. McKinstry feels like a steal here, but, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Same thing happened with Branch last year.

I have seen him starting to slip now, especially with his ankle situation. Frazier reminds me a bit of Linderbaum. Maybe not as dominate or polished but he has that leverage, hand technique and anchoring quality to him that I like. Also has a wrestling background I believe. 

Haynes offers versatility. I believe Morgan does as well. He's a promising prospect.

(03-20-2024, 11:52 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 11:17 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Draft Tampa.  Then trade for Dallas Goedert, Drake London, Calvin Austin and Cairo Santos and line them all up next to Ezra Cleveland and Parker Washington and declare them their own country.  Did I leave any cities undefended?

Zach Frazier at C
Ladd McConkey at WR
Christian Haynes at IOL
Jordan Morgan at T
Kool-Aid McKinstry

100%  we have set ourselves up in the draft where we don't need to draft for need, take the top guy instead of trying to full a need.  They just have to make sure they have a good bigboard.  Most positions are a need for this team

Nice to be ahead of the Jags in round 2 at #41. The first of the 2nd round picks the Packers have.

#41 is the last piece of the Aaron Rodgers trade. What a fleecing of the Jets that was. Gute took Joe Douglas, the Jets GM, over his knee.

Hoping that Edgerrin Cooper lasts to 41. A case could be made to take Cooper at #25. Nice off-ball LB that will fit nicely in Jeff Hafley's defense. Hafley rarely stays in a base 4-3. Primarily a 4-2-5. Regardless of whether they have 2 or 3 LBs on the field, Cooper would be a welcome addition.

Let Go! Cmon Baalke.

https://x.com/APMarkLong/status/17708180...11366?s=20

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 12:26 PM by Caldrac.)

(03-21-2024, 12:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Let Go!  Cmon Baalke. 

If this is accurate. It's a good, and yet, bad look. If a local guy can put two and two together, surely the other 31 teams can. Should have showed up anyway. Unless Pearsall not working out today is a deal breaker in Baalke's mind.

Also, if he's looking at Pearsall, he should be looking at McConkey out of Georgia and absolutely Javon Baker out of Central Flordia.

Kiper's article about Pearsall, recently:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/m...r-BB1kif2y

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024, 12:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-21-2024, 12:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 12:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Let Go!  Cmon Baalke. 

If this is accurate. It's a good, and yet, bad look. If a local guy can put two and two together, surely the other 31 teams can. Should have showed up anyway. Unless Pearsall not working out today is a deal breaker in Baalke's mind.

Also, if he's looking at Pearsall, he should be looking at McConkey out of Georgia and absolutely Javon Baker out of Central Flordia.

Kiper's article about Pearsall, recently:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/m...r-BB1kif2y

He's the only Gator worth looking at imo.  If Pearsall isn't working out I'm sure Baalke can make his day more productive doing something else looking toward the draft.  I'm sure he is looking at McConkey and Baker as well.  Pearsall is my top guy at 48 especially if we don't go WR in round 1.  I really like Kris Jenkins and Sweat as well at 48.  I'm hoping at least 1 of the 3 will be there

Everyone knows we really wanted Ridley and there isn't a WR in this draft that is like a mirror image to Ridley than Pearsall is. He also has a higher upside

(03-20-2024, 10:45 AM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/stat...vidiA&s=19

Trevor had a good rapport with Hunter Renfrow.... I like it give him a slot demon

(03-21-2024, 12:41 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 10:45 AM)Caldrac Wrote: https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/stat...vidiA&s=19

Trevor had a good rapport with Hunter Renfrow.... I like it give him a slot demon

Pearsall can play in the slot or outside, he's also a good blocker.  I'm not sure he makes it to pick 48 but it would be nice

Pearsall has definitely been the biggest riser in the post-season. He was obviously held back by a very poor passing attack at Florida. He'd be a great selection at 48 if he's still on the board. Due to his outstanding combine numbers and overall post-season performance, it is possible he'll be taken prior to pick 48 as Kiper mentioned. Fortunately for the Jaguars, there is still likely to be an excellent option at receiver with Pearsall gone. Baalke is likely to have AT LEAST one of the following options if Pearsall is gone:

1. Keon Coleman: His poor 40 time may scare away some teams, but his amazing ability to bring in contested catches would help Trevor enormously.

2. Troy Franklin: Very different type from Coleman and his slight frame may scare some away. Great speed at 6'3" makes him legitimate potential #1 receiver.

3. Xavier Legette: Very fast and physical receiver. His height "dropped" 2 inches when measured at senior bowl, but at 6'1" he reminds some of A.J. Brown.

4. Ladd McConkey: Best route runner impossible to cover on short routes. Injury history and relatively small frame may cause him to drop some.

5. Xavier Wothy: Record-breaking 40 time at combine will likely get him selected earlier than 48, but injury risk at 170 pounds may cause him to drop.

6. Roman Wilson: Michigan's emphasis on ground game didn't maximize his talent at receiver. Very under-rated.

7. Malachi Corley: If Baalke wants a Deebo clone, this is the guy.

My guess is that at least two of the above will be available in case Pearson is not. This is why I pass on Brian Thomas in round 1 for a cornerback or Edge rusher.