Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oluokun Signs 3 year extension

Beast mode type player. Need more jags like this guy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-06-2024, 12:45 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 10:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: That's what I said a few posts ago.

Drafted a backup too high.

I have also stated (like others) that they were apparently thinking long term and likely viewing Oluokun as a high-end stop gap - and Muma/Lloyd would allow them to get cheaper there after two years when Foye's deal was up. 

That didn't work out as planned because they have decided Oluokun/Lloyd are their best options and they are spending to keep it that way. 

My biggest gripe with this strategy is that they needed starters at 5 other positions yet spent that pick on a backup ILB that may become a starter in year 3 (and now is still not a starter in year 3) 

As much as that bugged me, I kinda got over it, and then they selected Miller last year and I just threw my hands in the air.

I didn't like either pick at the time, but I see the Muma draft pick as being far more egregious than Miller.  Muma was taken at #70 overall while Miller was at #121 overall.  I have much higher expectations for #70.  A team coming off a 3-14 record should not be taking a backup at #70 overall.

go back to that darft and tell me who you're taking at 70 AT THAT TIME.

No hindsighting some 5th rounder who's flashed and today would be worth that pick.

Muma was valued as a second round LB. He's capable, but he's got two very good guys in front of him.  How is it bad that we have HEALTHY (knock on Ventrell), capable backups?

(04-08-2024, 08:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 12:45 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I didn't like either pick at the time, but I see the Muma draft pick as being far more egregious than Miller.  Muma was taken at #70 overall while Miller was at #121 overall.  I have much higher expectations for #70.  A team coming off a 3-14 record should not be taking a backup at #70 overall.

No hindsighting some 5th rounder who's flashed and today would be worth that pick.

Muma was valued as a second round LB. He's capable, but he's got two very good guys in front of him.  How is it bad that we have HEALTHY (knock on Ventrell), capable backups?
Pick 70 shouldn’t be a backup.

I think that’s the main point. At the very least, pick 70 should be a starter.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2024, 09:17 AM by flgatorsandjags. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-08-2024, 08:15 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-06-2024, 12:45 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: I didn't like either pick at the time, but I see the Muma draft pick as being far more egregious than Miller.  Muma was taken at #70 overall while Miller was at #121 overall.  I have much higher expectations for #70.  A team coming off a 3-14 record should not be taking a backup at #70 overall.

Christian Harris is who I wanted. Nakobe Dean as well

(04-08-2024, 09:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 08:15 AM)Mikey Wrote: go back to that darft and tell me who you're taking at 70 AT THAT TIME.

Christian Harris is who I wanted.  Nakobe Dean as well

I wanted Dulcich at TE and Raimann at tackle.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-08-2024, 11:38 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 09:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Christian Harris is who I wanted.  Nakobe Dean as well

I wanted Dulcich at TE and Raimann at tackle.

I admit Dean would have been sweet...but you guys will drive yourself crazy thinking about what ifs...lol
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 06:01 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 8 times in total.)

Hold up a daw-gone minute….what am I seeing here??? I keep seeing, oh that was a good move *yawns, oh yeah good signing *sips coffee, etc etc.

Lemme get you right!

Foyesade Oluokun, since signing with the Jaguars:

Seasons played - 2
Games played - 34
Seasons started every game - 2 (3 including ATL)
Seasons with 100+ solo tackles - 2
Seasons with 170+ combined tackles - 2
Seasons with 55+ assisted tackles - 2
Seasons led NFL solo tackles - 2
Seasons led NFL in combined tack - 1
Touchdowns - 1
Interceptions - 1
Forced Fumbles - 3
Fumble Recoveries - 5
Tackles for loss - 20
QB Sacks - 4.5
QB Hits - 19

With just 2 full seasons under his belt, it wouldn’t seem like Oluokun ranks that high among the Jaguars all-time leaders in solo tackles and combined tackles, but look what he’s done in just 34 games:

Solo Tackles - 12th all time in team history with 239
Combined Tackles - 10th all time with 357
Assisted Tackles - 6th all time with 118

I repeat….Oluokun has played in just 34 games. To put this in perspective, here is a list of some other guys and games played; Daryl Smith played in 126 games, Posluszny played in 100 games, Myles Jack played in 88 games, Mike Peterson played in 78 games, and Telvin Smith played in 76 games.

*Fun Stat: Foyesade Oluokun is currently tied for 2nd all-time in franchise history for the most fumbles recovered by a LB, with 5. Telvin Smith, Bryan Schwartz, and Kevin Hardy leads that category with each of those guys having 6 fumble recoveries. Oluokun should break that record this coming season.

The defensive franchise leader in fumbles recovered is Tony Brackens with 13, followed by Travis Davis with 7.

*Oluokun has a good chance of breaking the franchise’s recovered fumbles record for a defensive player if he plays out his contract.

He’s that dude! #Psycho #Hitman #Assassin, Bro is out here gettin’ active!

*Stat Man predicts that if Oluokun stays on his current pace AND he fully plays out his contract, he will go down as the all-time leading tackler in Jaguars History. He will break the assisted tackles record, combined tackles record, and solo tackles record, and most recovered fumbles by a defensive player at any position.

Guy is the QB of our front 7
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-16-2024, 09:18 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Guy is the QB of our front 7

100%

Stud!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2024, 04:25 PM by JaguarJosh2. Edited 1 time in total.)

Great MLB, but who are the OLB's going to be in the new system? Is Lloyd going to transition to OLB? Can Miller contribute anything? Are we bringing back Myles Jack? Are we drafting someone tonight? Am I an overthinker?

(04-25-2024, 04:23 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Great MLB,  but who are the OLB's going to be in the new system?  Is Lloyd going to transition to OLB?  Can Miller contribute anything?  Are we bringing back Myles Jack?  Are we drafting someone tonight?  Am I an overthinker?

Don't overthink it

They'll be in a 4-2 front most of the time (like 95%) 

Lloyd an Oluokun are your ILBs 

Walker and Allen are a bit more DE than OLB now, but it isn't really going to change that much in alignment up front. You aren't going to see dedicated SAM, WILL, and MIKE out there much at all. If they really want to run some plays with 3 LBs - they have plenty of options on the roster to man a traditional 4-3 front. I bet we see very little of that.

(04-25-2024, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 04:23 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Great MLB,  but who are the OLB's going to be in the new system?  Is Lloyd going to transition to OLB?  Can Miller contribute anything?  Are we bringing back Myles Jack?  Are we drafting someone tonight?  Am I an overthinker?

Don't overthink it

Walker and Allen are a bit more DE than OLB now, but it isn't really going to change that much in alignment up front. You aren't going to see dedicated SAM, WILL, and MIKE out there much at all. If they really want to run some plays with 3 LBs - they have plenty of options on the roster to man a traditional 4-3 front. I bet we see very little of that.

Sounds like a lot of Nickel.  But we need run stoppers on the 2nd level too.

(04-25-2024, 05:22 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 04:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Don't overthink it

Sounds like a lot of Nickel.  But we need run stoppers on the 2nd level too.

Jags ran about 70% nickel under Caldwell

Falcons ran even more under Nielsen 

We'll see, but I expect tons of nickel

(04-25-2024, 06:14 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 05:22 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Sounds like a lot of Nickel.  But we need run stoppers on the 2nd level too.

Jags ran about 70% nickel under Caldwell

Falcons ran even more under Nielsen 

We'll see, but I expect tons of nickel

Yup, Falcons lined up in a 4-3 for a total of like 55 plays last season, which was 5% of their Defensive snaps. It will be a 4-2-5 for the majority.

Muma