Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Throwback Jerseys Incoming

(04-15-2024, 10:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Did any of you notice it showed our original Jaguar? The one they said we couldn't have? Wouldn't that be something if Shad somehow pulled that off.

Actually, if memory serves me it was the car company Jaguar that had the court make us change the logo.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-15-2024, 11:56 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: How about the original helmets?

I wish like hell that we bring back the Two-Toned helmets.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 08:52 AM by Mikey.)

(04-15-2024, 06:22 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 11:56 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: How about the original helmets?

Throwback is a throwback.  It should all be "original".  I wouldn't expect it for more than one MAYBE two games this year though.  It's like when Tampa randomly pulls out the cream.

Doesn't need to be 'original' - broncs throwbacks should be the orange crush and there should never be debate to the contrary.

a lot of the founding teams' jerseys were BAD just because it was shoestring budgets and not a focus on jersey sales or helmet logos.

If we're going original....Cleveland wears their old Rams unis, Ballimer gets the blue and white, tinhorns wear nothing.

(04-15-2024, 10:01 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Bocelli, Searcy,  Widell, Jimmy, Keenan, Brunell all of them need to go to the locker room. Tell these guys if they are gonna wear these uniforms there is a certain level of accomplishment they are required to achieve or don't wear them.

Just pray to #deity we aren't playing the tacks.

(04-15-2024, 10:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Did any of you notice it showed our original Jaguar? The one they said we couldn't have? Wouldn't that be something if Shad somehow pulled that off.

Convincing the Jaguar automaker to allow an NFL team to use their logo would be about as easy as the Titans convincing Elon Musk to use the Tesla logo on their helmet.

(04-16-2024, 01:26 AM)NH3 Wrote:

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Sarcasm? We all have our flavors, but this one I think you may be in the small minority. Those things were hideous haha.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 10:58 AM by mikesez.)

No the video shows the jaguar that was on every jersey sleeve from 1995 to 2008.  The crawler.

You're thinking of the leaper, which Jaguar motor company never let us wear on the field.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

The title said Throwback, not Throwaway.

(04-16-2024, 10:12 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 01:26 AM)NH3 Wrote: I wish like hell that we bring back the Two-Toned helmets.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Sarcasm? We all have our flavors, but this one I think you may be in the small minority. Those things were hideous haha.

teal flake were fine...the gold and black stunk out loud

(04-16-2024, 12:16 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-16-2024, 10:12 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Sarcasm? We all have our flavors, but this one I think you may be in the small minority. Those things were hideous haha.

teal flake were fine...the gold and black stunk out loud

I liked the teal ones, I thought they were a nice change from the black. I'd really like an alternate white helmet combo kinda like the bungles did with theirs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I liked the teal glitter helmets. It would be a mashup at that point though because the teal glitter helmet came as soon as the "crawler" jersey was taken away. I like mashups though. Sometimes.

(04-15-2024, 10:01 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Bocelli, Searcy,  Widell, Jimmy, Keenan, Brunell all of them need to go to the locker room. Tell these guys if they are gonna wear these uniforms there is a certain level of accomplishment they are required to achieve or don't wear them.

I like this!!!

Stand on bidness when those throwback uniforms go over your shoulder pads. 

That was an era when the Jaguars were one of the most feared football teams in the league.

Can't wait to buy some of dat jag swag

(04-15-2024, 11:14 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

Actually, if memory serves me it was the car company Jaguar that had the court make us change the logo.

Exactly, which is why it would be insane if we were able to use the logo shown in the news release. What magic would Shad have to do to make it happen.

(04-16-2024, 10:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 11:14 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Actually, if memory serves me it was the car company Jaguar that had the court make us change the logo.

Exactly, which is why it would be insane if we were able to use the logo shown in the news release. What magic would Shad have to do to make it happen.

Maybe he gave them a discount on the bumpers he supplies them?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-15-2024, 11:14 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

(04-16-2024, 10:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 11:14 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Actually, if memory serves me it was the car company Jaguar that had the court make us change the logo.

The logo in that teaser video from the Jags is not the one from the automaker lawsuit. 

It was this one that was struck down: 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRHC_5xJIxAkgurzJ5DGo...UIbLlrTQ&s]

(04-17-2024, 07:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

(04-16-2024, 10:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Exactly, which is why it would be insane if we were able to use the logo shown in the news release. What magic would Shad have to do to make it happen.

The logo in that teaser video from the Jags is not the one from the automaker lawsuit. 

That oversized S at the end tho....swing and a misS

(04-17-2024, 07:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

(04-16-2024, 10:23 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Exactly, which is why it would be insane if we were able to use the logo shown in the news release. What magic would Shad have to do to make it happen.

Aren't we kinda glad it was though?

(04-17-2024, 09:16 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 07:19 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: The logo in that teaser video from the Jags is not the one from the automaker lawsuit. 

Aren't we kinda glad it was though?

Yep.  The ol leaper.  Never made it to the field, only ever on merchandise.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Only if we can bring back Gus !!

White helmets being talked about