Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Way too Early 2025 Class prospects thread*

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 03:45 PM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 2 times in total.)

I saw another thread from last year for this class and got inspired to create a new one. Watching 2024s prospects I've noticed a lot of teammates/studs for next class. As a Clemson fan I know more about those guys so I'll start with them and add more throughout for other colleges. 

Demonte Capehart - 6'5 320 - Nose tackle

Differs greatly from Ruke Orhorhoro/Tyler Davis as he's a true NT. Former top recruit in state of SC and 5 star. Despite being a 5 star extremely raw coming out. Dealt with injuries and loaded DT room early in career. Got sick/injured added a bunch of bad of weight and got out of shape with Covid and fell behind peers in development so 5 star shine fell off. Then 2 years ago former NFL Coach and DT Nick Eason got hired at Clemson. Eason said he had to improve flexibility/getting in shape but he's got all the tools to be a high round draft pick and he's made major strides the last two years. So much so he's arguably the best or second best player on the defense now IMO and just dominated Spring game by rag dolling Clemson's OL. He's in for a monster year - potential All American in my view. Likely team captain next year 

This guy completely obliterates OL. He will not get moved if he doesn't want to and is every bit as good as Dexter Lawrence/DJ Reader in that sense coming out IMO. He's a complete dawg and strong as hell. Motor always running. Watch for him to be a 2nd/3rd round pick possible late 1st. He's not the athlete that Dexter was but he's the same size/strength and tenacity. He does a great job pushing Centers back into the pocket but outside of that won't bring much as a pass rusher as he's a NT after all. DT is the position Clemson recruits/develops as well as any - 8 different former Clemson DTs started an NFL game last year and 2 more on the way this cycle so I feel like a know I future NFL DT when I see one. I would love to see the Jags add him next year as their true anchor on the DL

https://twitter.com/i/status/1750895676169597026

https://twitter.com/i/status/1726968719207793036

https://twitter.com/i/status/1725574720077095079

https://twitter.com/i/status/1668444103829331973

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024, 09:39 AM by ClemsonOrangeJaguar. Edited 2 times in total.)

Barrett Carter - 6'1 235 - Will Linebacker

Former 5 star number 1 ranked LB in country. Doubled as a Running back coming out of HS. Elite tier athlete and football player. I think he's got a chance to be special and one best to come out of Clemson. Started off at SAM/Nickle and even played FS and SS before moving to WILL JR season. Elite closing speed and good change of direction. He'll draw lazy comps to Isaiah Simmons but they are nothing alike outside of being good athletes at LB and moving around positions in the scheme. Simmons was a WR turned Safety turned LB. Carter is a natural in the box. Reminds me of Devin White. 

Here's what Dabo thinks - “He is one of the best football players I have had in my 20 years at Clemson. He is just a pure football player. The guy can play anywhere. I think he’s got a chance to be a top-15, top-20 pick (in the 2025 NFL Draft), and he’s not that this year,” Swinney said. “He’s a guy that’s obviously on everybody’s radar and he’s positioned himself, there’s no question, to get drafted. But he’s just one of those kids that wants to finish. He wants to finish. I think had he got a first-round grade, he wouldn’t be here. It probably would’ve been an easier decision."

https://twitter.com/ClemsonRT/status/169...4878605619

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDlHPVev0RE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBZ3lL47...6g&index=2

Parker brailsford and tyler booker are some prospects to look at for next draft to bolster OLine

I'll add onto this throughout the year, but, I am looking and naming prospects that I like based on projected needs in 2025. For me, it's EDGE and OL already. Those would be high end value selections and choices between RD1 and RD2 at the moment.

On Defense:
Mykel Williams - EDGE - Georgia - Has flashed in moments for my Bulldogs. But, should be primed for a big senior season. Would like to see him hit close to double digits in sacks this year. At 6'5, 265 pounds he has a good look to him but I think he can add more to his frame this summer for sure. Early RD1 candidate at the moment.

Nic Scourton - EDGE/LB - Purdue - Beast. Absolute menace last year with 10.0 sacks and 15 TFL's. BIG FRAME already. NFL size already at 6'4, 280 pounds. Could be the next best pass rusher to come out of Purdue since Ryan Kerrigan in my opinion. If he can crack double digit sacks in 2024 he's probably a top twenty pick.

Jack Sawyer - EDGE - Ohio St. - A little undersized, can stand to add some weight. He's been getting progressively better though year over year. Only 14 career sacks but he had 6.5 last year. A good summer hitting the weights and buffet though could help him reach double digit sacks during his final year for the Buckeyes. I like him as a potential day 2 pick.

On Offense:
Will Campbell - OT - LSU - Absolute monster. I think OT is on our priority list next year. He would be the guy I would trade up for at the moment.

Kelvin Banks - OT/OG - Texas - Again, big prospect, good player, has helped revitalize that Texas team into the National spotlight again. He'll be fun to watch this year. Especially with a lot of turnover offensively at the skill positions. Ewher will be relying on him to excel in pass protection further.

Seth McLaughlin - OC - Ohio St. - Good looking football player. Tough, smart. We need to address the Center position for the long haul. He's one to watch for sure. Like him as a day two option at the moment.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'd have to say offensive line will be the top priority after only drafting one player and with Robinson and Scherff potentially gone after this season.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2024, 02:56 PM by Caldrac.)

(05-02-2024, 11:31 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd have to say offensive line will be the top priority after only drafting one player and with Robinson and Scherff potentially gone after this season.

Absolutely. Ideally, would love to see Walker Little takeover a full time role this year and get extended at a reasonable price. Whether that's at LT or RG personally. There's a good chance Harrison moves to LT in year three and they draft a new RT. I still think C needs to be prioritized. Morse is entering his 10th NFL season. 

EDGE is high up on the list for me still. Especially with DT getting a lot of attention this off season. I think you could make a case for CB and S being a priority again if things fall through with Campbell and Cisco in year four. 

1. OL
2. EDGE
3. CB
4. S

That's how I view it right now.

(04-18-2024, 03:39 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: I saw another thread from last year for this class and got inspired to create a new one. Watching 2024s prospects I've noticed a lot of teammates/studs for next class. As a Clemson fan I know more about those guys so I'll start with them and add more throughout for other colleges. 

Differs greatly from Ruke Orhorhoro/Tyler Davis as he's a true NT. Former top recruit in state of SC and 5 star. Despite being a 5 star extremely raw coming out. Dealt with injuries and loaded DT room early in career. Got sick/injured added a bunch of bad of weight and got out of shape with Covid and fell behind peers in development so 5 star shine fell off. Then 2 years ago former NFL Coach and DT Nick Eason got hired at Clemson. Eason said he had to improve flexibility/getting in shape but he's got all the tools to be a high round draft pick and he's made major strides the last two years. So much so he's arguably the best or second best player on the defense now IMO and just dominated Spring game by rag dolling Clemson's OL. He's in for a monster year - potential All American in my view. Likely team captain next year 

This guy completely obliterates OL. He will not get moved if he doesn't want to and is every bit as good as Dexter Lawrence/DJ Reader in that sense coming out IMO. He's a complete dawg and strong as hell. Motor always running. Watch for him to be a 2nd/3rd round pick possible late 1st. He's not the athlete that Dexter was but he's the same size/strength and tenacity. He does a great job pushing Centers back into the pocket but outside of that won't bring much as a pass rusher as he's a NT after all. DT is the position Clemson recruits/develops as well as any - 8 different former Clemson DTs started an NFL game last year and 2 more on the way this cycle so I feel like a know I future NFL DT when I see one. I would love to see the Jags add him next year as their true anchor on the DL

That's just mean. I like this kid. Looks good at the point of attack. I only see him moving forward and getting his leverage inside to the letter. That's how it's done for sure. I'll keep an eye out for #19 this year when Clemson is on TV.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-29-2024, 03:25 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: Parker brailsford and tyler booker are some prospects to look at for next draft to bolster OLine

Booker I know of. Really physical guard, likes to get after it in the running game at Alabama. Think he's a natural plug and play at the next level. As most Alabama lineman tend to be.

(05-02-2024, 02:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 11:31 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd have to say offensive line will be the top priority after only drafting one player and with Robinson and Scherff potentially gone after this season.

Absolutely. Ideally, would love to see Walker Little takeover a full time role this year and get extended at a reasonable price. Whether that's at LT or RG personally. There's a good chance Harrison moves to LT in year three and they draft a new RT. I still think C needs to be prioritized. Morse is entering his 10th NFL season. 

EDGE is high up on the list for me still. Especially with DT getting a lot of attention this off season. I think you could make a case for CB and S being a priority again if things fall through with Campbell and Cisco in year four. 

1. OL
2. EDGE
3. CB
4. S

(04-18-2024, 03:39 PM)ClemsonOrangeJaguar Wrote: I saw another thread from last year for this class and got inspired to create a new one. Watching 2024s prospects I've noticed a lot of teammates/studs for next class. As a Clemson fan I know more about those guys so I'll start with them and add more throughout for other colleges. 

That's just mean. I like this kid. Looks good at the point of attack. I only see him moving forward and getting his leverage inside to the letter. That's how it's done for sure. I'll keep an eye out for #19 this year when Clemson is on TV.
I feel the same about Walker Little. He did well when having to replace Robinson at left tackle. They didn't do him any favors by moving him all over the line. They obviously like Robinson due to his physicality, but if they could re-sign Little at a good price they should move on from Cam and his big cap hit. Foster is the wild card here. If he shows good progress this season, he is a candidate to start at right tackle ( or maybe even guard if he looks better there) with Harrison moving to left tackle. 

Edge and corner will also need to be addressed, as you said. While Myles Cole has great size, my expectations for him aren't very high. The best case is that he turns out like another 7th round defensive end they took a chance on. Bobby McCray actually had a pretty productive pro career and actually got 10 sacks in one season with the team. Both players are 6'6" but Cole is 20 pounds heavier at 280 pounds. Trevis Gipson could be a wild-card here. While not a 10 sack type of player, he had a couple fairly productive seasons with the Bears and hopefully a change of scenery will help him. Jarion Jones appears to have great upside as a cornerback. If he proves capable of playing on the outside and not just against the slot receiver, the need for a corner will not be as great. Darby is likely a Jaguar for 2 years at the most due to his age and injuries. Prince could also contend for a starting spot after his rookie season.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2024, 04:33 PM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

(05-02-2024, 03:49 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 02:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Absolutely. Ideally, would love to see Walker Little takeover a full time role this year and get extended at a reasonable price. Whether that's at LT or RG personally. There's a good chance Harrison moves to LT in year three and they draft a new RT. I still think C needs to be prioritized. Morse is entering his 10th NFL season. 

1. OL
2. EDGE
3. CB
4. S

I feel the same about Walker Little. He did well when having to replace Robinson at left tackle. They didn't do him any favors by moving him all over the line. They obviously like Robinson due to his physicality, but if they could re-sign Little at a good price they should move on from Cam and his big cap hit. Foster is the wild card here. If he shows good progress this season, he is a candidate to start at right tackle ( or maybe even guard if he looks better there) with Harrison moving to left tackle. 

Edge and corner will also need to be addressed, as you said. While Myles Cole has great size, my expectations for him aren't very high. The best case is that he turns out like another 7th round defensive end they took a chance on. Bobby McCray actually had a pretty productive pro career and actually got 10 sacks in one season with the team. Both players are 6'6" but Cole is 20 pounds heavier at 280 pounds. Trevis Gipson could be a wild-card here. While not a 10 sack type of player, he had a couple fairly productive seasons with the Bears and hopefully a change of scenery will help him. Jarion Jones appears to have great upside as a cornerback. If he proves capable of playing on the outside and not just against the slot receiver, the need for a corner will not be as great. Darby is likely a Jaguar for 2 years at the most due to his age and injuries. Prince could also contend for a starting spot after his rookie season.

Foster has a ton of upside as an All-SEC player. What stood out to me was his pass blocking grades in the play action game and his run blocking. Those are two key areas this offense needed to improve at and he checks off both boxes. 

I have little to no expectations on Myles Cole. I just think they'll stash him on the roster as one of Ryan Nielsen's projects. I like the Bobby McCray reference. I was thinking Rob Meier when we drafted him. Hopefully a long term staple that we grow and develop accordingly that steps in when and if needed. 

Cole's frame gives him an opportunity to pack on more weight and be that guy that moves around here and there by 2025. Gipson is a wildcard, that's why I still think a veteran EDGE should be on this team's radar still. They have plenty of cap space to spend on a one year rental. Dupree, Ngakoue and Ogbah would be make plenty sense here soon. Even more sense than them entertaining Jarvis Landry at WR. 

Jones at CB is my favorite pick. Looking forward to him from the giddy up. I really think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by his abilities and he'll probably end up being the steal of this 2024 Jaguars draft class as a whole. Just really fun to watch his highlights.

(05-02-2024, 04:28 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 03:49 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I feel the same about Walker Little. He did well when having to replace Robinson at left tackle. They didn't do him any favors by moving him all over the line. They obviously like Robinson due to his physicality, but if they could re-sign Little at a good price they should move on from Cam and his big cap hit. Foster is the wild card here. If he shows good progress this season, he is a candidate to start at right tackle ( or maybe even guard if he looks better there) with Harrison moving to left tackle. 

Foster has a ton of upside as an All-SEC player. What stood out to me was his pass blocking grades in the play action game and his run blocking. Those are two key areas this offense needed to improve at and he checks off both boxes. 

I have little to no expectations on Myles Cole. I just think they'll stash him on the roster as one of Ryan Nielsen's projects. I like the Bobby McCray reference. I was thinking Rob Meier when we drafted him. Hopefully a long term staple that we grow and develop accordingly that steps in when and if needed. 

Cole's frame gives him an opportunity to pack on more weight and be that guy that moves around here and there by 2025. Gipson is a wildcard, that's why I still think a veteran EDGE should be on this team's radar still. They have plenty of cap space to spend on a one year rental. Dupree, Ngakoue and Ogbah would be make plenty sense here soon. Even more sense than them entertaining Jarvis Landry at WR. 

Jones at CB is my favorite pick. Looking forward to him from the giddy up. I really think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by his abilities and he'll probably end up being the steal of this 2024 Jaguars draft class as a whole. Just really fun to watch his highlights.
I'm also excited about Jones. He was playing at a high level last season and seems a great fit for the new defensive scheme. In addition to that, he seems like a very engaging guy who can become a team leader and fan favorite. He kind of reminds me of Telvin Smith in some ways. Telvin was even a bigger steal than Jones as he fell to the 5th round due to drug rumors, I believe. His story with the Jaguars ended very sadly with an early retirement followed by his arrest for unlawful sexual behavior with a minor. One has to wonder whether he suffered from CTE due to his aggressive style of play. Hopefully Jones will be able to avoid such problems!

(05-02-2024, 10:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I'll add onto this throughout the year, but, I am looking and naming prospects that I like based on projected needs in 2025. For me, it's EDGE and OL already. Those would be high end value selections and choices between RD1 and RD2 at the moment.

On Defense:
Mykel Williams - EDGE - Georgia - Has flashed in moments for my Bulldogs. But, should be primed for a big senior season. Would like to see him hit close to double digits in sacks this year. At 6'5, 265 pounds he has a good look to him but I think he can add more to his frame this summer for sure. Early RD1 candidate at the moment.

Nic Scourton - EDGE/LB - Purdue - Beast. Absolute menace last year with 10.0 sacks and 15 TFL's. BIG FRAME already. NFL size already at 6'4, 280 pounds. Could be the next best pass rusher to come out of Purdue since Ryan Kerrigan in my opinion. If he can crack double digit sacks in 2024 he's probably a top twenty pick.

Jack Sawyer - EDGE - Ohio St. -  A little undersized, can stand to add some weight. He's been getting progressively better though year over year. Only 14 career sacks but he had 6.5 last year. A good summer hitting the weights and buffet though could help him reach double digit sacks during his final year for the Buckeyes. I like him as a potential day 2 pick.

On Offense:
Will Campbell - OT - LSU - Absolute monster. I think OT is on our priority list next year. He would be the guy I would trade up for at the moment.

Kelvin Banks - OT/OG - Texas - Again, big prospect, good player, has helped revitalize that Texas team into the National spotlight again. He'll be fun to watch this year. Especially with a lot of turnover offensively at the skill positions. Ewher will be relying on him to excel in pass protection further.

Seth McLaughlin - OC - Ohio St. - Good looking football player. Tough, smart. We need to address the Center position for the long haul. He's one to watch for sure. Like him as a day two option at the moment.

Williams is a beast. And I'll have the pleasure of watching him destroy Clemson's OL next year week 1. Not feeling confident about OL until they prove it on the field, it's usually always Clemson's weakness. I'm pumped about the Matt Luke hire though it's already paying dividends on the recruiting trail. 

Starks is one of my favorite safety's in a long time. I was disappointed when UGA beat out Clemson for his recruitment he's lived up to the hype. I also really like CJ Allen at LB