Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars All-Time highest fantasy points

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024, 06:15 PM by JagFanatic24. Edited 2 times in total.)

Here are the 11 highest single-game fantasy points (PPR) of all-time in Jaguars History:

1. Jimmy Smith - 62.1 (2nd in nfl history for WR)
2. Fred Taylor  -  51.8
3. Jones-Drew  -  43.6
4. Allen Robinson - 43.3
5. James Stewart - 42.9
6.  Fred Taylor  -  42.6
7. Evan Engram - 39.2
7. K. McCardell  - 39.2
9. Jones-Drew  -  38.8
10. K.McCardell - 38.2
11. Fred Taylor  -  37.7

Highest PPR Points in a season for a WR, all-time:
1. Jimmy Smith - 317.6
2. Allen Robinson - 304
3. Jimmy Smith - 297
4. Jimmy Smith - 260.3
5. Jimmy Smith - 249.4

Highest PPR Points in a season for a RB, all-time:
1. Jones-Drew - 323.5
2. Fred Taylor - 310.4
3. Jones-Drew - 305
4. Fred Taylor - 283.9
5. Travis Etienne - 282.4 (2023)

Top 10 all-time PPR in a single-season:
1. 2015 Blake Bortles - 334.1
2. 2009 Jones-Drew - 323.5
3. 1999 Jimmy Smith - 317.6
4. 1998 Fred Taylor - 310.4
5. 2011 Jones-Drew - 305
6. 2015 Allen Robinson - 304
7. 2022 Trevor Lawrence - 303.6 (2022)
8. 2001 Jimmy Smith - 297
9. 1996 Mark Brunell - 292.3
10 2016 Blake Bortles - 287.1

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

OK
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 09:17 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

PPR is garbage. Changes the game too much. It basically makes every NFL team have a fantasy draftable RB, which is nice, but it really changes the top of the rankings. For instance, Fred's best year had more first downs and more touchdowns than Jones Drew's best year, yet with PPR Jones Drew is assigned more points.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-21-2024, 07:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: PPR is garbage.  Changes the game too much.  It basically makes every NFL team have a fantasy draftable RB, which is nice, but it really changes the top of the rankings.  For instance, Fred's best year had more first downs and more touchdowns than Jones Drew's best year, yet with PPR Joe's Drew is assigned more points.

I play in both PPR and non-PPR leagues. There's always going to be a healthy degree of luck involved with fantasy sports, but scoring deviations from standard formats often times shift the balance a little more toward skill in my opinion.  I'm in one local non-PPR league, one local .5 PPR league and the rest (there's a bunch) are all 1 PPR.  I'm always annoyed with the non-PPR one because of how much more luck seems to play a part, probably because TDs are so variable and mean more in them.  Although I did win that league last year for the 2nd time since I joined about 8 years ago.  At any rate, I strongly disagree.  PPR is vastly superior unless you like luck having a greater say in determining week to week match ups and by extension league champions.

(04-20-2024, 08:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Here are the 11 highest single-game fantasy points (PPR) of all-time in Jaguars History:

2. Fred Taylor  -  51.8
3. Jones-Drew  -  43.6
4. Allen Robinson - 43.3
5. James Stewart - 42.9
6.  Fred Taylor  -  42.6
7. Evan Engram - 39.2
7. K. McCardell  - 39.2
9. Jones-Drew  -  38.8
10. K.McCardell - 38.2
11. Fred Taylor  -  37.7

1. Jimmy Smith - 317.6
2. Allen Robinson - 304
3. Jimmy Smith - 297
4. Jimmy Smith - 260.3
5. Jimmy Smith - 249.4

1. Jones-Drew - 323.5
2. Fred Taylor - 310.4
3. Jones-Drew - 305
4. Fred Taylor - 283.9

4. 1998  Fred Taylor  - 310.4
5. 2011 Jones-Drew - 305

Bortles is the GOAT, says everything that needs to be said.

(04-22-2024, 07:55 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 08:07 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Here are the 11 highest single-game fantasy points (PPR) of all-time in Jaguars History:

2. Fred Taylor  -  51.8
3. Jones-Drew  -  43.6
4. Allen Robinson - 43.3
5. James Stewart - 42.9
6.  Fred Taylor  -  42.6
7. Evan Engram - 39.2
7. K. McCardell  - 39.2
9. Jones-Drew  -  38.8
10. K.McCardell - 38.2
11. Fred Taylor  -  37.7

1. Jimmy Smith - 317.6
2. Allen Robinson - 304
3. Jimmy Smith - 297
4. Jimmy Smith - 260.3
5. Jimmy Smith - 249.4

1. Jones-Drew - 323.5
2. Fred Taylor - 310.4
3. Jones-Drew - 305
4. Fred Taylor - 283.9

4. 1998  Fred Taylor  - 310.4
5. 2011 Jones-Drew - 305

Bortles is the GOAT, says everything that needs to be said.

I had Bortles that year.  Garbage time GOAT.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 09:33 AM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-21-2024, 11:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 07:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: PPR is garbage.  Changes the game too much.  It basically makes every NFL team have a fantasy draftable RB, which is nice, but it really changes the top of the rankings.  For instance, Fred's best year had more first downs and more touchdowns than Jones Drew's best year, yet with PPR Joe's Drew is assigned more points.

I play in both PPR and non-PPR leagues. There's always going to be a healthy degree of luck involved with fantasy sports, but scoring deviations from standard formats often times shift the balance a little more toward skill in my opinion.  I'm in one local non-PPR league, one local .5 PPR league and the rest (there's a bunch) are all 1 PPR.  I'm always annoyed with the non-PPR one because of how much more luck seems to play a part, probably because TDs are so variable and mean more in them.  Although I did win that league last year for the 2nd time since I joined about 8 years ago.  At any rate, I strongly disagree.  PPR is vastly superior unless you like luck having a greater say in determining week to week match ups and by extension league champions.

Either way you can't count on TDs.  You need to find guys whose bad or unlucky games are still pretty good.  A guy who puts up 80 yards and no TDs on one of his bad weeks is more valuable than a guy who will put up 150 and two TDs one week then disappears the next. It's all about avoiding zeros. And that's true whether you play PPR or not.

My main gripe with PPR is it allows you to build a good team with guys from bad teams who routinely catch that 5 yard swing pass on 3rd and 10. Fill your RB and flex positions with those guys and let every other owner chase the next derrick Henry.  I wouldn't have a problem with that if real NFL teams had real success with such a strategy but they don't. The team has to punt but the fantasy owner gets a point.  Dumb. But I do see how it can be more fun for the guys who don't draft well.

(04-22-2024, 09:32 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 11:10 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I play in both PPR and non-PPR leagues. There's always going to be a healthy degree of luck involved with fantasy sports, but scoring deviations from standard formats often times shift the balance a little more toward skill in my opinion.  I'm in one local non-PPR league, one local .5 PPR league and the rest (there's a bunch) are all 1 PPR.  I'm always annoyed with the non-PPR one because of how much more luck seems to play a part, probably because TDs are so variable and mean more in them.  Although I did win that league last year for the 2nd time since I joined about 8 years ago.  At any rate, I strongly disagree.  PPR is vastly superior unless you like luck having a greater say in determining week to week match ups and by extension league champions.

Either way you can't count on TDs.  You need to find guys whose bad or unlucky games are still pretty good.  A guy who puts up 80 yards and no TDs on one of his bad weeks is more valuable than a guy who will put up 150 and two TDs one week then disappears the next. It's all about avoiding zeros. And that's true whether you play PPR or not.

My main gripe with PPR is it allows you to build a good team with guys from bad teams who routinely catch that 5 yard swing pass on 3rd and 10. Fill your RB and flex positions with those guys and let every other owner chase the next derrick Henry.  I wouldn't have a problem with that if real NFL teams had real success with such a strategy but they don't. The team has to punt but the fantasy owner gets a point.  Dumb.  But I do see how it can be more fun for the guys who don't draft well.

And you've stated the real gripe people that don't like PPR have which is "it's not like the real NFL".  Not the first time I've heard that.  I would argue that nothing about Fantasy football is like the real NFL since they don't award points for yardage either.  If you want realism, go play in a TD only league or a contract league, both of which sound miserable to me.  The contract league maybe has some appeal, but I'm trying to spend less time on fantasy not more and I think the contract leagues would require more of my time.

Your comment on skill level of drafting doesn't compute though.  I routinely see [BLEEP] fantasy players do well much more often in non-PPR than in PPR.  In my PPR leagues, the casuals have [BLEEP] teams all season.  Also, with points only coming from yardage and TDs, TDs absolutely mean more in non-PPR than they do in PPR.  

non-PPR = reliant on two stats to generate points: yardage and TDs.  TDs are unpredictable.
PPR = reliant on three stats to generate points: yardage, receptions and TDs.  TDs are unpredictable, but account for a significantly lower percentage of total points scored in this format vs non-PPR.  Points from receptions for many WRs, TEs and RBs will dwarf what they put up in TDs

One of these involves more luck of the draw than the other whether you want to brush it aside or not.  Nothing is wrong in playing leagues that involve more luck.  I don't need Fantasy distilled into something that is 100% skill and 0% luck, but as far as the level of luck involved between these two scoring systems, I prefer PPR for separating the quality players from the casuals.  If you are doing a family league or "just for fun" work league with casual fans, non-PPR may make more sense in keeping everyone or most everyone engaged past the first 5 or 6 weeks.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2024, 01:20 PM by mikesez. Edited 2 times in total.)

(04-22-2024, 12:37 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(04-22-2024, 09:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: Either way you can't count on TDs.  You need to find guys whose bad or unlucky games are still pretty good.  A guy who puts up 80 yards and no TDs on one of his bad weeks is more valuable than a guy who will put up 150 and two TDs one week then disappears the next. It's all about avoiding zeros. And that's true whether you play PPR or not.

My main gripe with PPR is it allows you to build a good team with guys from bad teams who routinely catch that 5 yard swing pass on 3rd and 10. Fill your RB and flex positions with those guys and let every other owner chase the next derrick Henry.  I wouldn't have a problem with that if real NFL teams had real success with such a strategy but they don't. The team has to punt but the fantasy owner gets a point.  Dumb.  But I do see how it can be more fun for the guys who don't draft well.

And you've stated the real gripe people that don't like PPR have which is "it's not like the real NFL".  Not the first time I've heard that.  I would argue that nothing about Fantasy football is like the real NFL since they don't award points for yardage either.  If you want realism, go play in a TD only league or a contract league, both of which sound miserable to me.  The contract league maybe has some appeal, but I'm trying to spend less time on fantasy not more and I think the contract leagues would require more of my time.

Your comment on skill level of drafting doesn't compute though.  I routinely see [BLEEP] fantasy players do well much more often in non-PPR than in PPR.  In my PPR leagues, the casuals have [BLEEP] teams all season.  Also, with points only coming from yardage and TDs, TDs absolutely mean more in non-PPR than they do in PPR.  

non-PPR = reliant on two stats to generate points: yardage and TDs.  TDs are unpredictable.
PPR = reliant on three stats to generate points: yardage, receptions and TDs.  TDs are unpredictable, but account for a significantly lower percentage of total points scored in this format vs non-PPR.  Points from receptions for many WRs, TEs and RBs will dwarf what they put up in TDs

One of these involves more luck of the draw than the other whether you want to brush it aside or not.  Nothing is wrong in playing leagues that involve more luck.  I don't need Fantasy distilled into something that is 100% skill and 0% luck, but as far as the level of luck involved between these two scoring systems, I prefer PPR for separating the quality players from the casuals.  If you are doing a family league or "just for fun" work league with casual fans, non-PPR may make more sense in keeping everyone or most everyone engaged past the first 5 or 6 weeks.

PPR makes it easier to upgrade your team in fantasy free agency throughout the season.  I agree it does not reward the casual player.  You have to play waivers to get the benefits. 

Non PPR, much more of the season is dictated by the draft and there will be much less value to find on waivers. 

So I see PPR as like a consolation prize for fantasy players who had bad luck in the draft, like having a top player get injured or something. I agree that non-PPR is more likely to reward a casual player, but only if that casual player happened to draft well. That's how I like to play. I'll invest a few weekends in a deep dive making a draft board, then I play casually on the waiver wire during the season.