Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
UDFA class

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 09:30 PM by Eric1.)

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...0848726111

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2024, 11:15 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

Another WR
https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/stat...3066096041

(04-27-2024, 08:43 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 08:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: 30 TDs in one season?!

Crazy right? lol

He had 4 TDs in a game twice. 3 TDs in a game twice. 6 games with 2 TD and 1 TD in the 4 other games played that season. He scored at least 1 TD in every game that year lol.

Nice pick up to roll the dice on

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 01:11 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

One of the best UDFA classes I rember. Last years was underwhelming

(04-28-2024, 01:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One of the best UDFA classes I rember.  Last years was underwhelming

Because last year's draft was underwhelming.

Cephus is a good pull, had him on the 7th round short list.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-28-2024, 09:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 01:10 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: One of the best UDFA classes I rember.  Last years was underwhelming

Last years draft was underwhelming as well.  I like the UDFA class much better and possibly a could UDFA gems.  We always have a couple UDFA players make the roster.  Cephus, Proctor, Jones, Parker, and Ruby I think all have a shot at making the team this year.

I'd really like to see these receivers push Zay and Cooks off the roster entirely, but I don't see room for Proctor unless it's Dewey's spot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 10:28 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-28-2024, 09:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'd really like to see these receivers push Zay and Cooks off the roster entirely, but I don't see room for Proctor unless it's Dewey's spot.

Maybe  Daniel Thomas’ spot.

(04-28-2024, 10:27 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 09:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'd really like to see these receivers push Zay and Cooks off the roster entirely, but I don't see room for Proctor unless it's Dewey's spot.

Could be but they did just drop him a 2 year deal with half guaranteed. It's small dollars at only $2 million per, but still...

(04-28-2024, 09:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Yep, but can't resist just have to say it. Can we call him Bo?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

There are definitely some possibilities to make the 53 man roster which is all you can ask for. The chances of finding a significant addition like James Robinson is highly unlikely, however. That's why I can't get too excited about these signings.

(04-28-2024, 11:06 AM)jaglou53 Wrote: There are definitely some possibilities to make the 53 man roster which is all you can ask for. The chances of finding a significant addition like James Robinson is highly unlikely, however. That's why I can't get too excited about these signings.

Robinson, Cole, Hurns, Herndon, just a few in recent memory.  Every year all around the league teams find good UDFA to make an impact.  AJ Boye, Barry Church etc. there are a bunch of great undrafted players that played the game though you just have to find them.

Any word on interior offensive line guys?

If they find even one guy that make the bottom of the depth chart and a few more that stick on the practice squad then it's a success. Can't expect much from these crops, but every now and then one of them exceeds expectation. Seems like they chose some guys with good traits to warrant optimism, though.

(04-28-2024, 11:03 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 09:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Because last year's draft was underwhelming.

Yep, but can't resist just have to say it. Can we call him Bo?

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-28-2024, 10:27 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:

With the exit of Claybrooks, Thomas is cemented as our best punt coverage gunner. He has downed a LOT of punts inside the 15 yard line over the past two seasons. (before Claybrooks injury, he and Thomas were ranked as a top five gunner duo for a little stretch)

Replacing that may be tough for an undrafted guy IMO.

(04-28-2024, 11:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 10:27 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Maybe  Daniel Thomas’ spot.

With the exit of Claybrooks, Thomas is cemented as our best punt coverage gunner. He has downed a LOT of punts inside the 15 yard line over the past two seasons. (before Claybrooks injury, he and Thomas were ranked as a top five gunner duo for a little stretch)

Replacing that may be tough for an undrafted guy IMO.

I agree, he also play well when pressed into action last year. Maybe they will find themselves a Vince Papale to go with him this year.