Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What do you grade the Draft
A
A-
B+
B
B-
C+
C
C-
D+
D
D-
F
[Show Results]

Baalke 2024 Draft Grade

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 10:10 PM by I am Yoda.)

(04-28-2024, 09:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 09:20 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: According to PFF, Ramsey was the 57th ranked CB in the NFL last year. According to ESPN, he had 3 INTs and 5 passes defended.  He's always been overrated.

By comparison, Darious Williams was 13th ranked.  4 INTs and 19 passes defended.

Having good corners is important.  Having "elite" ones is not.

Ramsey missed the first 7 or 8 games last year due to knee surgery... But what I said is fact. When he is on the field, he makes whatever team he's on better. I like Williams, but he aint Ramsey and it isn't close. But I know your really dumb hate for a football player will stay clouding your judgement.
https://twitter.com/elitetakes_/status/1...6939222136
https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/...0358040014

Yeah. I readily admit that I have a hate boner for Ramsey. But the Fins haven’t won anything with him either. When the Rams won, it was with [/] Ramsey, not [i] because of him. Donald was by far the more important defender. My main point still stands. Having good cornerbacks is important; having elite ones is not. The marginal value of having Ramsey over Williams is not worth the $ or the general stench that attaches to your team. Just say no to toxicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(04-28-2024, 10:04 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: You put Noah gray in there. And there is no argument Fortner is a contributed. Dude started for three years.

The only things he contributed to are collapsed pockets and Lawrence injuries.

Grays makes regular positive contributions to the Chiefs.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-28-2024, 10:07 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 09:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Ramsey missed the first 7 or 8 games last year due to knee surgery... But what I said is fact. When he is on the field, he makes whatever team he's on better. I like Williams, but he aint Ramsey and it isn't close. But I know your really dumb hate for a football player will stay clouding your judgement.
https://twitter.com/elitetakes_/status/1...6939222136
https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/...0358040014

Yeah. I readily admit that I have a hate boner for Ramsey. But the Fins haven’t won anything with him either. When the Rams won, it was with [/] Ramsey, not [i]because of him. Donald was by far the more important defender. My main point still stands. Having good cornerbacks is important; having elite ones is not. The marginal value of having Ramsey over Williams is not worth the $ or the general stench that attaches to your team. Just say no to toxicity.

[/i]

Your judgement and opinion is far too stupidly hateful and clouded to continue this discussion about Ramsey.

Williams just had a career year and still got released..

I do wonder with the post draft press conference where Trent insisted javon foster will be the teams swing tackle. if they are planning on cutting/trading cam or walker little

(04-28-2024, 09:48 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 09:33 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: L'Jarius Sneed, round 4
Nick Alleghretti, round 7
Noah Gray, round 5
Isaiah Pacheco, round 7
Rashee Rice, round 2
Creed Humphrey, round 2
Nick Bolton, round 2
Mecole Hardman, round 2

All either solid contributors or starters.

You listed 5 seasons and pulled up 8 solid contributes or starters.

Anton Harrison
Antonio Johnson
Travon Walker
Devin Lloyd
Trevor Lawrence
Travis Etienne
Tyson Campbell
Andre Cisco
Luke Fortner
Luke Farrell 
Montaric Brown 

That's 11 in 3 seasons.
Dude…. What?!

Antonio has barely played and same with Brown. Farrell?! AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FORTNER?!

Sheeeeesh

My only complaint, as others have said, is not going heavier on OL. The actual players we did draft I like a lot, especially BTJ (of course) and Jarrion Jones. Interested to see what we do, if anything, to add more OL competition
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-29-2024, 07:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 09:48 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: You listed 5 seasons and pulled up 8 solid contributes or starters.

Anton Harrison
Antonio Johnson
Travon Walker
Devin Lloyd
Trevor Lawrence
Travis Etienne
Tyson Campbell
Andre Cisco
Luke Fortner
Luke Farrell 
Montaric Brown 

That's 11 in 3 seasons.
Dude…. What?!

Antonio has barely played and same with Brown. Farrell?! AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FORTNER?!

Sheeeeesh

Take those three out and you have 8 in three seasons.  But Fortner would count for any other team.  The inclusion of Noah Gray is what made me include a few guys who played sparingly but well in a short time.

(04-29-2024, 08:08 AM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 07:25 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude…. What?!

Sheeeeesh

Take those three out and you have 8 in three seasons.  But Fortner would count for any other team.  The inclusion of Noah Gray is what made me include a few guys who played sparingly but well in a short time.
So if you play, even if you play horrendously, that counts?

What kinda game is this?

(04-29-2024, 05:58 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: I do wonder with the post draft press conference where Trent insisted javon foster will be the teams swing tackle. if they are planning on cutting/trading cam or walker little

He didn't say THE swing tackle.

(04-29-2024, 05:58 AM)Craigukjag Wrote: I do wonder with the post draft press conference where Trent insisted javon foster will be the teams swing tackle. if they are planning on cutting/trading cam or walker little

He didn't say THE swing tackle.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 10:03 AM by Mikey.)

(04-27-2024, 07:39 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: Let's Break it all down:

1st round: He traded down from 17 to 23.  Picked up an extra 5th round this year and an extra 3rd and 4th round pick next year.  Still ended up getting the man he wanted. Brian Thomas had the size and speed every coach wants at receiver. 17 tds last year is eye popping.  This could be better than Ridley.  My favorite Baalke draft move= A+
2nd round: Maason Smith: I originally gave the move a C but after more review have upgraded it to a B. The potential, size, and tools are there. If he lives up to the talent it could be a homerun.
3rd round: Jarrian Jones:  Some had him as the #2 cb in the draft. Great man to man skills. Also speedy and athletic.
4th round: Javon Foster: 6'5 313 Olinemen.  I am guessing backup guard. Hopefully he can push for a starting role. 
4th round: Jordan Jefferson: Another LSU big man. You can never have enough of these. Another big boy at 6'3 313
5th round Deantre Prince:  The guy has played QB, Receiver, DB, Running back, etc.  A versatile player they may find a role for.
5th round: Kelan Robinson: A RB with experience returning kicks.  Probably a special teams role right away.
6th round: Cam Little: A kicker who will compete for a job.  May or may not make the roster. Strong accurate leg.
7th round: Myles Cole: A DL with some good combine numbers. Will compete for a spot

Overall, I liked this draft. Outside of fleecing the Vikings there were no real trades for the Jags.  They sat put and made this roster better. The major critic I have is that I think we should of acquired more big men on the offensive line.  Overall I give the Draft a B

Gave it a C-

When all was said and done, there were two words that kept coming to mind regarding our approach to talent acquisition 2024 edition: LAZY and FLACCID. Trent approached this darft with all the aggression and assertiveness of a henpecked old man. I expected us to be much more active in trying to build the trenchES.

Trading back in the first was very good way to net some extra picks and still take a player who will have an immediate impact on the offense.
Smith has injury concern, and some will argue that we passed on some good players at more immediate need to get him. If his health maintains, it could be a great payoff. If it does not, well, hopefully the guys we passed on are equally underwhelming.
Jones is a great fit for nickel. The third featured a TON of good players falling, and we did nothing to pursue more talented players again that may have addressed bigger needs.

5th round was disappointing. Another CB in an already crowded room of young talent and a backup RB that might not even make the roster.

Throughout days 2 and 3 you saw teams making moves to go where players fit, to take advantage of value and get guys that were sliding. We did nothing, sitting around passively waiting for our picks to come due. This darft was loaded with interior line help, one of our most glaring needs, and we drafted zero, zilch, nada. Not a sausage.

So next year, we'll probably wave goodbye to Cam, Walker, and Morse and Scherff will be a year older. We got that one OT that may end up at G, but again, we will be back to having to overvalue need to plug gaping holes and overspending picks to fill out our depth chart. Hopefully the draft aligns again with position of need, but it really seems like we missed a premium opportunity to fill out a roster for the long haul. We didn't have a lot of glaring needs this year, which made it a perfect opportunity to seek out 3-4 bona fide guys that were going to be immediate help, and I cant help but feel like we just sat around while everyone else took advantage.

At some point we have to stop trying to fill the roster with day 3 sub-par youth. We've been investing in young guys for a while. We need the big time. Go up and get a guy. You can't tell me our board never once showed value in moving around to get talented guys where they were falling.

It's early, and I hope I am wrong in my evaluation of the talent in this draft that we passed on, or the guys that we chose. For now, though, it don't feel that great. 

Go take a look at what the Stillers did and tell me you wouldn't be happier with that haul.

(04-27-2024, 09:45 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: You can't win.  You take BAP that doesn't fill a need a people belly ache.  You take need and people lambast you for reaching.  You have to have the perfect storm of a need position player with consensus value higher than where you select him and you need that to happen in every round for fans to be happy.

We had the ammo to move where need and value fit. We did nothing outside of 'wait'.

That's the issue.

(04-28-2024, 09:48 PM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 09:33 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: L'Jarius Sneed, round 4
Nick Alleghretti, round 7
Noah Gray, round 5
Isaiah Pacheco, round 7
Rashee Rice, round 2
Creed Humphrey, round 2
Nick Bolton, round 2
Mecole Hardman, round 2

All either solid contributors or starters.

You listed 5 seasons and pulled up 8 solid contributes or starters.

Anton Harrison
Antonio Johnson
Travon Walker
Devin Lloyd
Trevor Lawrence
Travis Etienne
Tyson Campbell
Andre Cisco
Luke Fortner
Luke Farrell 
Montaric Brown 

That's 11 in 3 seasons.

4 of these guys are first round picks. Two are R1 P1 as well.

Ultimately would you trade our last three drafts for kcs last three drafts. And you are allowed to keep Trevor Lawrence. So trade all our picks except 1.1 three years ago for all their draft picks. Would you do it?

Just FYI

I am not hardcore. I just moved to MO for a few years. And I would only really want Ravens or Steelers drafts
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 11:20 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

B-. Didnt like the K and RB picks. Should have drafted for O line depth in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-29-2024, 10:58 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Just FYI

I am not hardcore. I just moved to MO for a few years. And I would only really want Ravens or Steelers drafts

Need that spiderman meme here.  But yes we're not the same Smile

You talking this year or over the past three years?

Chiefs drafting and GM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jags drafting and GM. There is a reason theyre winning superbowls (aside from Mahomes although he is by the biggest factor) and the Jags are struggling to go .500 lol.

(04-29-2024, 08:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 08:08 AM)HardcoreMoJagFan Wrote: Take those three out and you have 8 in three seasons.  But Fortner would count for any other team.  The inclusion of Noah Gray is what made me include a few guys who played sparingly but well in a short time.
So if you play, even if you play horrendously, that counts?

What kinda game is this?

I watch a fair amount of Chiefs games. Gray provides good contributions every game. He’s not a top 10 TE. But he’s solid.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 12:59 PM by HardcoreMoJagFan.)

(04-29-2024, 12:01 PM)g1ml3t Wrote: Chiefs drafting and GM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jags drafting and GM. There is a reason theyre winning superbowls (aside from Mahomes although he is by the biggest factor) and the Jags are struggling to go .500 lol.

Fair enough, although without Mahomes I don't think they would have won a single one with their roster.

(04-29-2024, 12:21 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 08:23 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So if you play, even if you play horrendously, that counts?

What kinda game is this?

I watch a fair amount of Chiefs games. Gray provides good contributions every game. He’s not a top 10 TE. But he’s solid.

I'll call uncle.  Take out Farrell, Fortner, and Brown.  We have 8 in three seasons.

After I've seen it play out, here's what I would have done at each selection:

1st- BTJ. WR
2nd- Kris Jenkins DT
3rd- Kyree Jackson CB(I like Jones but they need outside CB)
4th- Bortolini G/C
4th- McCormick G
5th- Mohammed Kamara DE
5th- Solomon DE
6th- Brendan Rice WR
7th- Justin Rogers DT

(04-27-2024, 07:39 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: 3rd round: Jarrian Jones:  Some had him as the #2 cb in the draft. Great man to man skills. Also speedy and athletic.
sat put and made this roster better. The major critic I have is that I think we should of acquired more big men on the offensive line.  Overall I give the Draft a B

This one has him listed at #24 (DB & Safety rankings)

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/DB/3/2024

What the heck kind of websites are you visiting that had Jarrian Jones listed @ #2 DB?   Can you provide those links as I'd not only love to see that but their other rankings as well.