Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Waaaay Too Early 53 Man Projection

(04-28-2024, 09:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 07:38 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I’m not sure Hance beats out Shatley, especially since Shatley gives positional versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not versatile, he's just awful at three different positions.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-28-2024, 07:53 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I wonder if anybody gets traded this summer to get ahead of next year's off season with draft picks. In particular, the following:

Cam Robinson
Walker Little
Chad Muma

Curious how Muma fits on this defense as a 3rd stringer. Just seems like we wasted a 3rd round pick and might as well ship him off for a future 4th or 5th.

The Little and Robinson situation bothers me. Little as a former 2nd RD selection and Robinson in general with his cap hit and lack of durability.

With a new swing tackle on the roster to develop it feels like Little should either start at LT or get moved into a potential OG slot for either side for depth.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Muma is Foye's backup, he's not going anywhere. Little and Foster can both be on the roster as tackles, it's not like you can have only one. It's most likely that Little is the first man in when Robinson gets his inevitable injury/suspension this year since Foster is a pretty raw rookie. They should've already moved on from Robinson but the front office really loves the guy for some reason. Like Zay Jones he's overpriced for just average play, but at least he's not a benchwarmer like Jones.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2024, 10:38 PM by Jag149. Edited 1 time in total.)

(04-28-2024, 09:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 07:38 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I’m not sure Hance beats out Shatley, especially since Shatley gives positional versatility.

He's not versatile, he's just awful at three different positions.

Last year Hance had a total of 152 snaps overall score of 28. His PFF score for the 84 pass block snaps was 10.0. He allowed 11 pressures and 5 hits. His run blocking score was better at 49. I really like the guy, but, at age 28 he is who he is.

Shatley wasn't much better 518 snaps score of 47.5.  In 302 passing snaps 9 pressures, 3 hits and 1 sack. score of 44.6.  Shatley allowed less pressures and hits with what 220 more snaps?  His run blocking grade was 51. 

Truly, I hope we have better or can find better between now and the season. These guys are practice squad players you hope you don't need.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(04-28-2024, 10:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 09:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's not versatile, he's just awful at three different positions.

Last year Hance had a total of 152 snaps overall score of 28. His PFF score for the 84 pass block snaps was 10.0. He allowed 11 pressures and 5 hits. His run blocking score was better at 49. I really like the guy, but, at age 28 he is who he is.

Shatley wasn't much better 518 snaps score of 47.5.  In 302 passing snaps 9 pressures, 3 hits and 1 sack. score of 44.6.  Shatley allowed less pressures and hits with what 220 more snaps?  His run blocking grade was 51. 

Truly, I hope we have better or can find better between now and the season. These guys are practice squad players you hope you don't need.

As I recall, Hance took some snaps at tackle where he's clearly not up to par. i think he and Shatley are both not very good but Hance is younger and cheaper at this point for similar play.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-28-2024, 11:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Day 1 on the next era of Jags football is officially here. Here's my early speculation on who makes the final 53 this fall:

Offense:
QB – Lawrence, Jones
RB – ETN, Bigsby, D’Earnest, Keilan Robinson
WR – BTJ, Kirk, Davis, Washington, Duvernay, Cephus
TE – Engram, Strange, Farrell
Tackles – Robinson, Harrison, Little, Foster
Guards – Cleveland, Scherff, Hodges, Hance
Center – Morse, Fortner

Defense:
Tackles – Armstead, RRH, Hamilton, Maason, Jordan
Ends – Travon, Allen, Lacy, Myles
Backers – Foye, Lloyd, Muma, Miller, Abdullah, Gipson
Corners – Tyson, Darby, Brown, Savage, Jarrian, Prince
Safeties – Cisco, Antonio, Dewey, Thomas

Teams
K – Patterson
P – Cook
LS - Ross

You don't think the Arky kicker makes it? I give him the nod just for the fact that GM isn't going to admit loss immediately. If he gets the yips, you sign Patterson back.

Otherwise, probably got at least 95% of the rest right before any PS games. Hopefully everyone makes it through the exhibitions without injury.

That is a solid starting 53, if only we had some more talent at left guard

(04-29-2024, 08:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 10:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Last year Hance had a total of 152 snaps overall score of 28. His PFF score for the 84 pass block snaps was 10.0. He allowed 11 pressures and 5 hits. His run blocking score was better at 49. I really like the guy, but, at age 28 he is who he is.

As I recall, Hance took some snaps at tackle where he's clearly not up to par. i think he and Shatley are both not very good but Hance is younger and cheaper at this point for similar play.

He is listed as a right tackle.  We drafted his replacement this year.  Besides he is 28 and was vastly outperformed by a 33 year old Shatley who was coming off an injury. Practice squad guy.  It is time to look for other alternatives on the O-line for backups. In baseball you send a guy to the plate. If he continues to strike out you eventually give some other player a chance. This is where we are. Year after year these same backup guys are striking out. You expect different ?

(04-29-2024, 08:53 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 11:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Day 1 on the next era of Jags football is officially here. Here's my early speculation on who makes the final 53 this fall:

Offense:
QB – Lawrence, Jones
WR – BTJ, Kirk, Davis, Washington, Duvernay, Cephus
TE – Engram, Strange, Farrell
Guards – Cleveland, Scherff, Hodges, Hance
Center – Morse, Fortner

Defense:
Tackles – Armstead, RRH, Hamilton, Maason, Jordan
Corners – Tyson, Darby, Brown, Savage, Jarrian, Prince

Teams
K – Patterson
P – Cook
LS - Ross

You don't think the Arky kicker makes it? I give him the nod just for the fact that GM isn't going to admit loss immediately. If he gets the yips, you sign Patterson back.

Otherwise, probably got at least 95% of the rest right before any PS games. Hopefully everyone makes it through the exhibitions without injury.

Rookie kickers are weird, they usually hit their stride at their second stop. I hope we didn't waste the draft capital, but they clearly weren't happy with trading McManus's length for Patterson's accuracy last year.  The positions I'm not sure of are about teams players rather than positional need. Need to see how the new rules play out this year to decide how many traditional teams players (4th TE, 6th WR and CB, 4th RB, 7th LB) are needed in the new world.

(04-29-2024, 09:03 AM)Jag149 Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 08:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As I recall, Hance took some snaps at tackle where he's clearly not up to par. i think he and Shatley are both not very good but Hance is younger and cheaper at this point for similar play.

He is listed as a right tackle.  We drafted his replacement this year.  Besides he is 28 and was vastly outperformed by a 33 year old Shatley who was coming off an injury. Practice squad guy.  It is time to look for other alternatives on the O-line for backups. In baseball you send a guy to the plate. If he continues to strike out you eventually give some other player a chance. This is where we are. Year after year these same backup guys are striking out. You expect different ?

True he was listed there, but I recall he was taking snaps at guard (who wasn't?) for the most part. Harrison didn't miss many snaps and Cleveland moved out to LT a few times once he got here, but I don't remember much more than that. It was the left guard the was the revolving door and right guard for Scherff's occasional duck out where the back ups played the most. I'm hopeful like others that the Jones kid and Tugboat will stick this year, but I think they want some veteran presence on the bench.

(04-29-2024, 09:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 09:03 AM)Jag149 Wrote: He is listed as a right tackle.  We drafted his replacement this year.  Besides he is 28 and was vastly outperformed by a 33 year old Shatley who was coming off an injury. Practice squad guy.  It is time to look for other alternatives on the O-line for backups. In baseball you send a guy to the plate. If he continues to strike out you eventually give some other player a chance. This is where we are. Year after year these same backup guys are striking out. You expect different ?

True he was listed there, but I recall he was taking snaps at guard (who wasn't?) for the most part. Harrison didn't miss many snaps and Cleveland moved out to LT a few times once he got here, but I don't remember much more than that. It was the left guard the was the revolving door and right guard for Scherff's occasional duck out where the back ups played the most. I'm hopeful like others that the Jones kid and Tugboat will stick this year, but I think they want some veteran presence on the bench.

Look I have always pulled for the guy, (Hance) but he is just not good at blocking people. PFF is not the end all be all, but Shatley was twice as good as the guy.  We normally keep 10 O-linemen on the 53. He should not be one of them unless we want to get our QB injured. If you like him maybe they can keep him on the practice squad, that way he can continue to make some good money.

Hays Carlyon's 53 prediction:

https://1010xl.com/post/draft-wrap-proje...an-roster/

I actually agree with all of it exactly minus the final receiver spot.

I think it could shake out a few ways, but I give Parker Washington a slight edge for the final spot.

Damn our O line is anemic
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 03:22 PM by Caldrac.)

(04-29-2024, 03:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Hays Carlyon's 53 prediction:

I think it could shake out a few ways, but I give Parker Washington a slight edge for the final spot.

Agreed on Washington over Cooks. Still need a slot type sized back-up for Kirk in my opinion. 

Pretty alarming that he has guys like Lacy and Abdullah already being cut candidates though. Granted, they were drafted under the pretense of being in a Caldwell defense. Makes sense. But, sucks nonetheless.

(04-29-2024, 03:16 PM)Ronster Wrote: Damn our O line is anemic

Yeah. Hopefully they can get by this year with what they have durability wise or find some new blood this summer that earns a spot. Offensive line should be the top priority next year in the 2025 draft. There's no way you can convince me otherwise.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yea, a decent projection from where we are right now. Like you, I would wonder about receiver thinking that will change.  Also, I believe we carried 3 tight ends last year.  A long way to go.  

https://www.jaguars.com/news/the-53-brea...ster-x6055

(04-29-2024, 03:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote:

Yea, a decent projection from where we are right now. Like you, I would wonder about receiver thinking that will change.  Also, I believe we carried 3 tight ends last year.  A long way to go.  

https://www.jaguars.com/news/the-53-brea...ster-x6055

I would be in favor of keeping 10 lineman Vs. 4 tight ends this year. Especially if you feel that one of these undrafted guys has potential. It's stupid cheap to get a guy in here and start developing. You're hoping that Hodges can play Guard, you're hoping that Foster can play a tackle role and you're hoping that maybe this big dude from Oregon can also play guard. 

Hopefully pancakes are served up this summer. I know it sounds a little mean or crazy, BUT, I would love to see Hodges or Jones absolutely clobber one of our defensive lineman veterans that rotate in or even one of these new rookies we took up between Maason Smith and Justin Jefferson.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Can't find too much to disagree with in Carlyon's 53 man roster. I think Parker Washington edges out Cooks.Believe they should add a pass rusher like Bud Dupree and release Abdullah. Braswell will have a hard time making the team with the 2 new corners added in the draft.

(04-29-2024, 04:01 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Can't find too much to disagree with in Carlyon's 53 man roster. I think Parker Washington edges out Cooks.Believe they should add a pass rusher like Bud Dupree and release Abdullah. Braswell will have a hard time making the team with the 2 new corners added in the draft.

I really like Braswell. His competition is Prince for sure. If he loses I hope we can keep him on the practice squad. I am all in on Dupree. That makes sense. He played in Atlanta. Knows the scheme already. Had a decent year on a team with a "meh" offense. 

I don't see the point in keeping Cooks. We're already tall and more physical now with Thomas Jr. and Davis. You have Zay who is also decent in height. Really leaves Kirk in the slot where we could probably use Parker's size and toughness to develop as a back-up plan. 

Cooks has competition with this year's UDFA's. Ruby and Cephus all of a sudden could come on strong and make Cooks an after thought. Had high hopes for Abdullah. Just may not be a good fit for this defense now.

It's pretty close to the others, but below would be mine:

Offense:
QB – Lawrence, Jones
WR – BTJ, Kirk, Davis, Zay, Duvernay, Washington
TE – Engram, Strange, Farrell, Deguara
Guards – Cleveland, Scherff, Hodges
Center – Morse, Fortner

Defense:
Tackles – Armstead, RRH, Hamilton, Maason, Jefferson
Corners – Campbell, Darby, Jarrian, Brown, Savage, Prince

Teams
K – Little
P – Cooke
LS - Ross

We'll have to update all of ours. Zay is gone.

(04-30-2024, 12:22 PM)Jagulars Wrote: We'll have to update all of ours. Zay is gone.

Ahem..."you" will have to update all of yours...mine is still correct.

[Image: vultouri.jpg]

Banana