Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jerry Sullivan Mic'd Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When this guy moves on, we have to find an as good, or even better replacement for him. If that's even possible. I love how he instructs while he critiques.

Great mixture of professionalism and pAssion
Sully is da' man.  The one good thing we got from the Mularkey episode. 
Don't turn your blinker on lol

The short lived Mularkey era was worth it just for Jerry.

I hope he stays with us as long as he possibly can.

Quote:The short lived Mularkey era was worth it just for Jerry.

This.

I'm just glad he believes in Gus and crew enough to stick around. He could easily call it a career and be living it up at the beach on the west coast.
Quote:This.

I'm just glad he believes in Gus and crew enough to stick around. He could easily call it a career and be living it up at the beach on the west coast.

The presser he did after an OTA practice about a week and a half ago included an interesting comment on this ^ topic. 

When asked if this WR corps had a leader now that CSIII is gone - his response was something like:

"When you have a group of young players you have to take a leadership role as a coach. My demand has always been high - and it will be until they put me in a pine box somewhere...."

I hope that means he doesn't want to retire soon and I hope that this passing offense does enough in '15 to make him want to stay.

Quote:The presser he did after an OTA practice about a week and a half ago included an interesting comment on this ^ topic. 

When asked if this WR corps had a leader now that CSIII is gone - his response was something like:

"When you have a group of young players you have to take a leadership role as a coach. My demand has always been high - and it will be until they put me in a pine box somewhere...."

I hope that means he doesn't want to retire soon and I hope that this passing offense does enough in '15 to make him want to stay.
Jerry Sullivan is the reason you can feel comfortable with a young group of receivers with no "veteran mentor" on the roster.  He's a huge asset to this coaching staff, and a guy who should have a contract that allows him to remain until he can no longer coach regardless of who the head coach is, or who the offensive coordinator might be.  The guy can just flat out coach.
Quote:The presser he did after an OTA practice about a week and a half ago included an interesting comment on this ^ topic. 

Amen. I'm hoping he's one of those guys like Coughlin who can't even wrap their head around the concept of "retiring".