Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The expectations game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://blackandteal.com/2015/06/05/jacks...ectations/

So I read this article, and it made too much sense. I look at other sites (fan sites) and many places were hyping us to the moon at times. Now its starting to settle back down a bit but I think the fans are still out there at times. You see it in how they go from ultra pessimistic to "way too excited" in this back and forth pattern. I really do think a lot of websites play too many games with fans expectations just to get hits.

A lot of it too is the constant desire for "news" when there really isn't anything to report. I kinda wish that some of these "News Outlets" (and I use the term loosely) would put up an article that states "Nothing happened this week, and nothing newsworthy is going to happen for a few weeks to come. We'll let you know when something happens." and just leave it at that.

Granted, you'll probably lose readers that way, but it would be refreshing to see.

YEP --- just like when they changed the Mocks to Mariotta at #1 a few weeks prior to the draft.  Everybody knew WInston was going #1 but that was getting boring.  They had to switch it around to get people talking.  It's not like Kiper, Mayock, and McShay are getting paid according to their level of accuracy.