Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did you know Ryan Davis was ranked at the top
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For sacks per play in the NFL last year?

I'd like to see this guy get more time on the field.
Yes I did per the thread discussing this topic awhile back.
Always nice to hear good news twice.
Playing on only pass rushing situations must be hard to do
Being disruptive on pass plays when pass blocking is emphasized by the offense must be hard to do.  And it is.  That's why Ryan Davis went from undrafted Canadian to a critical component of our pass rush for multiple years. 

Quote:Yes I did per the thread discussing this topic awhile back.

My bad Cat Attack. I didn't know one was already started.

I just think this guy is going to have his chance when we face the Panthers in week 1. I hope he blows up plays.
Quote:Playing on only pass rushing situations must be hard to do

....it is.... :/
Quote:Playing on only pass rushing situations must be hard to do

The logic is weak with this one.
Did you hear Ryan Davis is one of the most effective pass rushers in pass rushing situations with limited snaps in 2014?
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...e1571b05ad

Wash comments clearly on the team's view of Davis' role in this ^ presser.  It's just like many of us have stated numerous times here - he's good in situational packages as an inside rusher (lightning) and he's valuable on ST - and he's a decent back-up LEO  -  but to expect him to be as effective playing multiple snaps including 1st and 2nd downs is probably a recipe for disappointment. 

The takeaway is that we should be happy that we have an undrafted gem that excels as a role player.  If he had some wild potential beyond that he'd be utilized that way. Of course that requires trusting the evaluations of long time professional NFL coaches over message board banter....  Often a tough sell here.

He is a DPR that needs to improve in stopping the run.

Some of you guys are brutal. He did his job, rush the passer.
He's a great situational inside rusher, but there's a reason his snap count is limited.
Quote:He's a great situational inside rusher, but there's a reason his snap count is limited.
Quote:For sacks per play in the NFL last year?

I'd like to see this guy get more time on the field.

It would be nice if they only considered passing plays and adjusted everyone's stats accordingly.
Quote:It would be nice if they only considered passing plays and adjusted everyone's stats accordingly.

I'm sure Elias Sports has that stat somewhere.