Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Encouraging Fowler Talk in today's T-U
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote: 

In addition to being a surgeon for the Santa Monica (Calif.) Orthopedic Group, Bert Mandelbaum is part of an NFL program studying prevention of anterior cruciate ligament injuries. Jaguars first-round defensive end Dante Fowler tore his left ACL during rookie minicamp May 8. Fowler’s injury was non-contact, which is what I talked to Mandelbaum about earlier this month. He said of the 62 ACL tears during the 2013 NFL season, 18 were non-contact like Fowler.

“Football used to be played between the hash marks, and now it’s wide open like soccer,” Mandelbaum said. “We believe part of the issue we have to focus on is helping athletes on how to land and de-accelerate.

“Non-contact ACL injuries are common in basketball and soccer and are alarmingly high among female athletes. I was very surprised to see so many in football. Not to say it’s an alarming trend, but to see the same thing as in those other sports is interesting.”

Mandelbaum said wearing a brace wouldn’t have prevented Fowler’s injury.

Fowler had surgery 19 days after the injury, and Mandelbaum said it is correct to assume he can regain his form.

“Many of these high-level players can come back to their [previous] level of play and sometimes be even better in the first year after the injury,” he said.
(emphasis added)

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...h-watching

But but... He's never gonna play again!
...the language of a heretic. 

Quote:But but... He's never gonna play again!
:woot:

I don't know of anyone who thought he wouldn't play again, though I know there was concern over whether he would be what he was pre-injury.  This gives me more hope that he will be back to where he was.
I think he just called Fowler a girl.

The Mandelbaum family has come a long way from their crepe rolling business. I can picture Fowler being like Jerry Seinfeld in those episodes lol

https://youtu.be/pcFSOnumgZA
Oh no the sky isn't falling?

To be fair, nobody ever said that. People were just disappointed he got hurt and questioned whether he will come back better than ever. It's ok to question it, now it's on Fowler to prove to us that he can come back and average 10+ sacks/year.
Quote:To be fair, nobody ever said that. People were just disappointed he got hurt and questioned whether he will come back better than ever. It's ok to question it, now it's on Fowler to prove to us that he can come back and average 10+ sacks/year.

I know. I was just exaggerating
Quote:I think he just called Fowler a girl.

<snicker>
What I think you are saying is he's not another Jaguars 1st round bust even though the #3 overall pick wont even play at all his first year?

Injuries happen what can you do.

Fower will be still good. It is very good he is such good doctors with him. Only its sad that he will be gone for this year.

Who said he wouldn't play again? The questions were more of if he could return to the athletic potential that got him drafted at #3.
Where did you learn English Jaxfan ? lol

Quote:Were did you learn English Jaxfan ? lol
The irony.
Quote:Who said he wouldn't play again? The questions were more of if he could return to the athletic potential that got him drafted at #3.

As I said later, I was exaggerating. Just poking fun
FBT why are you such a tool? :yes:

Quote:FBT why are you such a tool? :yes:

Does someone need a dictionary so they can look up the word irony?

Quote:Does someone need a dictionary so they can look up the word irony?
FBT...

Will you do the training camp reports this year?
Quote:FBT...

Will you do the training camp reports this year?
I will be at camp this year.  My work schedule is a bit different from last year.
Pages: 1 2