Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Miami Herald mentions Zane Beadles is a player the Dolphins could be interested in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
via rotoworld

<p style="background-color:transparent;">The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero mentioned Jaguars LG Zane Beadles as a player who could interest the Dolphins.

There's been no indication the Jaguars will cut or trade Beadles, but he is coming off a bad first season in Jacksonville, and the Jaguars added third-round G/C A.J. Cann and signed C Stefen Wisniewski to go along with second-year RG Brandon Linder. Beadles could be on the chopping block by the end of summer. The Dolphins are relying on unknowns Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner at guard.
Quote: 

via rotoworld

<div style="margin:5px 3px 0px 5px;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif, Verdana;background-color:transparent;">
<p style="background-color:transparent;">The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero mentioned Jaguars LG Zane Beadles as a player who could interest the Dolphins.

There's been no indication the Jaguars will cut or trade Beadles, but he is coming off a bad first season in Jacksonville, and the Jaguars added third-round G/C A.J. Cann and signed C Stefen Wisniewski to go along with second-year RG Brandon Linder. Beadles could be on the chopping block by the end of summer. The Dolphins are relying on unknowns Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner at guard.

</div>

maybe caldwell can work some magic
I don't see Beadles on the chopping block at all.  Not like we have a ton of guard depth.

If Miami would offer a 3rd round pick I would do it. Don't know about much else.

LOL on second hand, give me Cameron Wake straight up! #pipedream

Unless they got a crazy offer, there is little reason to trade him.

Beadles may want out since we drafted Cann. He knows he struggled last year, and it sounds like someone let the cat out of the bag.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Beadles is traded to Miami for another player straight up.

Brent Grimes!
Yeah, let's trade our starting LG and instead, rely on a guy who has never played a down in the NFL before. No thanks.

Quote:I don't see Beadles on the chopping block at all.  Not like we have a ton of guard depth.
This is how i see it too.
He's not going anywhere.

I doubt he leaves this season. If anything we better trade him away not cut him.

If it were a situation where Beadles is fighting for a roster spot I could understand the team looking to trade him. But at worst he's the immediate back up at Guard. I like his value as Jag (whether that is as a starter or backup) vs some late round draft pick.
The Jags O-line has a little depth for the first time in years. I see no need to move Beadles to another team.  He can just move to the bench if he's outplayed.  

We can afford a few overpaid depth guys for the next couple of years.  Our cap situation can support it. 
Even if he plays his way out of a starting job, he probably won't play his way off the roster.

Id like to see him moved. He makes too much money to ride pine.

Cann was clearly drafted to unseat Beadles at LG.
Quote:Cann was clearly drafted to unseat Beadles at LG.
Not necessarily. Cann was projected as a highly-rated center as well. I think it's more likely that he was drafted with the idea that he could serve as a contingency plan should Beadles fail, and a longer-term option at center if Bowanko and Wisniewski don't pan out. I think the plan was more that he would have a starting job at one of those two positions within a couple of years.
Our OL was trash last season. We need all the competition we can get
Don't care either way. 

They're not cutting or trading Beadles this year.  This is nothing but speculation by some hack in Miami.

Quote:Id like to see him moved. He makes too much money to ride pine.

Cann was clearly drafted to unseat Beadles at LG.
What difference does it make?  It's not your money and we have plenty of cap space.  Depth is a good thing.  His salary this year has zero impact on the Jags going forward.

Now if we got an offer that blew Caldwell out of the water, that's a different story!
Quote:What difference does it make? It's not your money and we have plenty of cap space. Depth is a good thing. His salary this year has zero impact on the Jags going forward.

Now if we got an offer that blew Caldwell out of the water, that's a different story!

You just dont pay somebody big money to be a back up. You either restructure, trade, or cut ties.
Pages: 1 2