Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where do you think our receivers rank among the league?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Robinson

Lee

Hurns

Julius Thomas

Within our division I think we are behind the Colts. However I think we are more skilled than the Titans and Texans.

From the league perspective, I would say just below middle of the pack.

Thomas being our go to guy.
I would force rank them today in the 18-23 range in the league, with significant upside if the 3 named 2nd year players develop as hoped.

3rd in division ahead of Texans and bottom 8 of NFL
Quote:3rd in division ahead of Texans and bottom 8 of NFL

Titans are ahead of us? :0
Objectively, they would be ranked towards the very bottom right now. They haven't really done very much yet.

I've seen way too many of our young promising receivers flame out at this point in their career for me to credit this group with expectations.

They are what they are until they actually show they are a better more productive group than last year.
Top 25.
Potentially top 5-10. Currently bottom have, just due to lack of production so far. They, IMO, have the talent to be one of the top groups in the NFL
Quote:3rd in division ahead of Texans and bottom 8 of NFL

I would like to think we are ahead of the Titans in that department.
They seriously need to stay healthier. I have grown weary of our recievers never being on the field.
Bottom tier of the league.

Seriously, until all their "potential" actually shows up in a big way consistently, you have to call it like it is: Bottom Tier
Quote:Bottom tier of the league.

Seriously, until all their "potential" actually shows up in a big way consistently, you have to call it like it is: Bottom Tier

Yup.  Need to see it on the field.  This is a future question after they show up to play for a full season.
How are we ahead of the Texans? They atleast have Deandre Hopkins and Nate Washington. We have unproven WR's with loads of potential.

We are 3rd but its ahead of the Titans.

I'm not counting my chickens. All we have at the moment is a ton of potential in this department. A pro bowler, 2 second round picks, and probably the best undrafted player a year ago all in our receiving group. Hopefully this can gell together because it's only potential at the moment.

Quote:Objectively, they would be ranked towards the very bottom right now. They haven't really done very much yet.

I've seen way too many of our young promising receivers flame out at this point in their career for me to credit this group with expectations.

They are what they are until they actually show they are a better more productive group than last year.
Agreed.

This group certainly appears better than what we had at the end of 2011.

It is a group loaded with potential.

But as Bill Parcells once said "Potential is French for 'not yet worth a damn.'"

I am excited for the possibilities of this group, but they have to do it on the field.
Quote:I'm not counting my chickens. All we have at the moment is a ton of potential in this department. A pro bowler, 2 second round picks, and probably the best undrafted player a year ago all in our receiving group. Hopefully this can gell together because it's only potential at the moment.

Thomas is our only proven player, but I dont think anyone else has that potential.

Blackmon would have been that guy.
Quote:Agreed.

This group certainly appears better than what we had at the end of 2011.

It is a group loaded with potential.

But as Bill Parcells once said "Potential is French for 'not yet worth a damn.'"

I am excited for the possibilities of this group, but they have to do it on the field.
Agreed.  Tough to grade guys based solely on potential.  Right  now they are what they are, and that's a bottom tier unit.  I'm confident Sullivan will get the most out of them that is possible, but they have to stay on the field to prove their worth. 
One of the worst groups in the league.

Sure we could develop into something good, but Lee is still getting injured more than he's been out on the field practicing, and Robinson is still recovering from a broken foot (which I think is much more serious for a receiver than a lot of people).

I really think Hurns and Rashad Greene may lead this team in receiving this year, and that's actually not what you want to see.
Quote:One of the worst groups in the league.

Sure we could develop into something good, but Lee is still getting injured more than he's been out on the field practicing, and Robinson is still recovering from a broken foot (which I think is much more serious for a receiver than a lot of people).

I really think Hurns and Rashad Greene may lead this team in receiving this year, and that's actually not what you want to see.
I think "one of the worst" isn't true.  Below average at the moment I get as they are unproven, but there's a good handful of teams at least I'd say we are ahead of.
Amari Cooper would have sured up this unit.

(Sigh..)
Pages: 1 2