Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clemons is a no show at OTAs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'd like for him to be there, but Freddy T used to do the same thing. I'm not too worried.

Thoughts?
oh no

it is voluntary.  it's not like he doesn't already know what we do on defense.

wonder if he would have been here if Fowler had not been hurt.  I think knowing you're competing for playing time puts you in a different mindset than if you know you're still the best option they have. However he did skip last year and seemed to do pretty well so we'll see.

It's his choice, and I'm all about protecting an individual's choice. If he arrives at the mandatory events in shape and ready to go, what's the concern? I know I don't have any.

I doubt we will have to worry about Clemons not being there next year.
Did he show up for all of the OTAs last year? 

Bradley isn't concerned.  He'd like to have him there obviously, but he knows Clemons will show up when it's time and he'll be ready.

Quote:I doubt we will have to worry about Clemons not being there next year.

We're suddenly eager to get rid of pass rushers?

Quote:We're suddenly eager to get rid of pass rushers?

Well I hope we aren't eager to hold on to a 35 year old pass rusher.
Quote:Did he show up for all of the OTAs last year?

Bradley isn't concerned. He'd like to have him there obviously, but he knows Clemons will show up when it's time and he'll be ready.

I'm pretty positive he was not at OTAs last year. This is a non story
Quote:Well I hope we aren't eager to hold on to a 35 year old pass rusher.

do you see other options laying around?

Quote:I'm pretty positive he was not at OTAs last year. This is a non story

Agreed.  I don't think this is a big deal.  Clemons understands the expectations, and he will show up in shape and ready to go when the time comes.
Quote:do you see other options laying around?

Could've swore we drafted a pass rusher number 3 overall this year... What was his name again?
He is a veteran and wouldnt likely had done much during the OTAs.  In some cases they are given bonuses in their contract to attend but it is voluntary and something the players fought for because many dont want to attend.

Someone mentioned he was the only player missing.

But I with the majority of you guys. Not worried at all.

I do think he would have been there if Fowler was healthy.
Quote:Could've swore we drafted a pass rusher number 3 overall this year... What was his name again?

and his knee broke.. so you know next year he's going to be wonderful
89 guys of 90 guys make the voluntary OTA....he's not setting a great example as a defensive leader and veteran.  Yes, it's voluntary...but many are disappointed that he's not there. 

Quote:and his knee broke.. so you know next year he's going to be wonderful

In over a year? Yeah he will be fine. If not Branch, Davis, and Smith will hold down the fort. A 35 year old Clemons will not be here next year. Book it.
There's no reason for this to even be discussed. Dude is in his 30's playing the same scheme for like half a decade. He knows what he's doing.

Quote:89 guys of 90 guys make the voluntary OTA....he's not setting a great example as a defensive leader and veteran.  Yes, it's voluntary...but many are disappointed that he's not there. 
Who are the many who are disappointed?  The fans?  Oh well.  His leadership isn't diminished one iota by not being there. 
I'm sure it does bother him a little bit that there are 90 guys on the team right now and he is the only player not there..
Pages: 1 2 3 4