Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles' best throw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is his best throw going into 2015?

Not a specific moment in his rookie season but type of throw, ie, deep ball, back shoulder out route, inside slant, up the seam, etc... points for consistency and productivity.
Hopefully it will be his touchdown throw....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-mechanics

http://cover32.com/2015/05/04/qb-ranking...mobility/2

He is number 10 on QBs that are mobile list

I guess you would say he is best rolling out (left) and throwing on the run.

-link removed

Tom House has been working with Blake in order to hydrate him better and work on his throwing mechanics.

screen to yeldon

Seam to Julius... All. Freaking. Season.
Quote:Hopefully it will be his touchdown throw....
Lol. I see what you did there.
Right now its probably a 6 route to Allen Robinson

Improvising on the run ...

8 yard slant to Reggie Williams. The Garrard Special.

Quote:8 yard slant to Reggie Williams. The Garrard Special.
Only if he spikes the ball afterwards.
The one where he tosses the ball to the ref while laying on his back after getting sacked. He had so much practice at that one last season... (sarcasm font engaged).

Quote:The one where he tosses the ball to the ref while laying on his back after getting sacked. He had so much practice at that one last season... (sarcasm font engaged).
lol! Good stuff lol
I still like the dual threat that he poses while rolling out. Set a deep seam route by the Tight End to pull the Safety, then an out to move the LB, and threaten with either the 12 yard pass or the ten yard run.

at the rate of last year, anything completed for more than 15 yards that isn't in garbage time is a win for me

BB's best throw is the mid-range 15 yarder.  His worst is the the sideline pass when called so many times even I anticipate the pick.  His next worst is the the longer rainbow pass that he has really struggled with hitting the players in stride.  The former can be fixed, the latter worries me.

Quote:BB's best throw is the mid-range 15 yarder.  His worst is the the sideline pass when called so many times even I anticipate the pick.  His next worst is the the longer rainbow pass that he has really struggled with hitting the players in stride.  The former can be fixed, the latter worries me.
The latter can be fixed too.  Poor mechanics will screw up everything.
His throw on the run to marcedes that turned into a td.  It was early in the season but was a great throw

Quote:The one where he tosses the ball to the ref while laying on his back after getting sacked. He had so much practice at that one last season... (sarcasm font engaged).

.... only 1 sack was attributed to the play of the Oline.

signed,

T. Boselli
A completion.
Post to Lee between CB and SS
Pages: 1 2