Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Were we unsportsman-like in the '99 playoffs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I just got back from the game and was wondering what you guys thought. Were we jerks just running up the score and embarassing Marino? Was scoring just that easy? Was it Coughlin's doing?

Who cares. We won
No.

Quote:So I just got back from the game and was wondering what you guys thought. Were we jerks just running up the score and embarassing Marino? Was scoring just that easy? Was it Coughlin's doing?
It's not our job to stop ourselves from scoring.
Wow...
If Jay Fielder and second stringers are running up the score on your starters, I don't think the issue is on the offense running up the score.

I guess the Jags could have just knelt down every play in the 2nd half.  Dennis Green did that to the Jags in Minnesota when they were up by 40, and it just made it more embarrassing.

We put Jay Fielder and Alvis Whitted tear your [BLEEP] up, you deserve it.
Of all people that would not run up the score, it was Coughlin.

We scored on the first play of the game...when its that easy, what are you supposed to do?

Brunell was pulled as soon as we went up 38-0 in the 2nd quarter.  I think Fred Taylor had maybe two attempts after that.  

For the entire fourth quarter our gameplan was   Hand the ball to Chris Howard.  The guy with 123 career rushing yards.  We quit passing altogether halfway through the 3rd quarter.  If we were running up the score, I think we'd have seen the Jags be the first team to score 100 points.   If we had a coach like Belichick, Brunell probably would have played the third quarter, and we'd have at least seen 80 points.   We had Four first downs in the second half.   Sixteen in the first half.

I'm still kinda ticked the Fish scored that BS TD at the end of the first half.

Wait! Hold on! We just scored again on a pick six from Marino.........
Was that really the Jaguars scoring all those points in a home playoff game or was it all just a dream?

Looks like were about to play the tacks at home! There is no possible way they can beat us 3 times this year!

The look on the faces of Marino and JJ were priceless...and they got that look in the first quarter.

The Dolphins quit. The score was on them.

I never understood the whole "running up the score." thing.  Why is this even a thing?  I can't imagine why NFL fans or the league itself would expect or desire an offense to sit down.  The only person who could be offended by this is the opposing coach who should probably be more worried about his own team.

No, I don't think it was an issue of us 'running up the score' so much as it was an issue with the 'phins just giving up. We pulled some of our first stringers out and we still scored; that's on the phins', not us.

The only thing stopping the Jags from running the score up more was the back of the end zone.  The Dolphin defense sure as heck wasn't doing anything out there.  We clearly weren't running up the score intentionally.
One word: Sprinklers
It took you 16 years to get back from the game?
Pages: 1 2