Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New Rules on Law Enforcement's use of Military Equipment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/18/861963...ited-obama

Just a start? Not nearly good enough? Not a good idea? What do you all think about this?

I predict everyone who would ordinarily favor this will now hate the idea.

#becauseobamahatesamerica

Just glancing over it here on lunch looks like a good start any move to demilitarize domestic police I support.
Quote:Just glancing over it here on lunch looks like a good start any move to demilitarize domestic police I support.

Ok, almost everyone.
Quote:Ok, almost everyone.
I'm sure we'll soon be graced with a link to some poorly designed website with an article written by some right wing blogger about how this is another step in Obama's inevitable federal takeover leading to the suspension of the US Constitution and the banning of Twinkies. 
Quote:I'm sure we'll soon be graced with a link to some poorly designed website with an article written by some right wing blogger about how this is another step in Obama's inevitable federal takeover leading to the suspension of the US Constitution and the banning of Twinkies.

Well I don't doubt for a second Obama would federalize the police if he could but that doesn't change me supporting his move to demilitarize the police force.
I would prefer it if the Courts would limit their access to no-knock warrants, but this is a good start.

Yes, it's a good start.

Michael Savage is freaking out on the radio.

He's apoplectic about this news... He's hilarious to listen to during my lunch break
Quote:Michael Savage is freaking out on the radio.

He's apoplectic about this news... He's hilarious to listen to during my lunch break

What station does he come on? I'm surprised he would have a problem with this he was one of the voices screaming about the militarization of the police.
Good, now I'll be armed just as well as the Police!

Quote:Michael Savage is freaking out on the radio.

Michael Weiner is an agent provocateur of the Left.
Quote:Michael Weiner is an agent provocateur of the Left.

I've never heard that before what are you basing that off?
OK, I'm confused:

The gun nuts LIKE the police having less powerful guns?

Or is this yet another limitation on the 2nd amendment - which says we can bear arms, including tanks, bazookas, CH 47s, etc.

The irony is that the 2nd amendment was meant to protect the rights of states to assemble militias, in a time when no one could conceive of a Winchester repeating rifle much less an AR 15.  Militias like, say, your local police force.

Quote:I've never heard that before what are you basing that off?

His used to donate to lefties before he got outed. I know it's a Freeper, but the story that he supported Moonbeam is almost 10 years old now and it's all I can find. Of course he went at Levin and Hannity at other times too, and Erik Erickson called him out on Red State.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1720425/posts
This is stupid. 

This whole idea that police are becoming "militarize" is overblown. These tools save peoples' lives. There's absolutely no benefit in restricting agencies from having the tools necessary should they need them. 

Now, if you want to make an argument that we shouldn't have spent so much money that we have this many to give local departments, then that's a valid argument.

Quote:His used to donate to lefties before he got outed. I know it's a Freeper, but the story that he supported Moonbeam is almost 10 years old now and it's all I can find. Of course he went at Levin and Hannity at other times too, and Erik Erickson called him out on Red State.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1720425/posts'>http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1720425/posts</a>

Huh I'll look into it first I've heard of it
Quote:What station does he come on? I'm surprised he would have a problem with this he was one of the voices screaming about the militarization of the police.

I live in Albuquerque, he's on my local right wing radio station.

Yeah, he thinks obama is going to take over the country now, like Fidel Castro. It's pretty funny.
Quote:This is stupid.

This whole idea that police are becoming "militarize" is overblown. These tools save peoples' lives. There's absolutely no benefit in restricting agencies from having the tools necessary should they need them.

Now, if you want to make an argument that we shouldn't have spent so much money that we have this many to give local departments, then that's a valid argument.

Disagree police don't need tanks, launchers, and automatic rifles. honestly if the need rises for a tank on us soil that's the army's job not the police.
Quote:I live in Albuquerque, he's on my local right wing radio station.

Yeah, he thinks obama is going to take over the country now, like Fidel Castro. It's pretty funny.

He used to come on late here after 10pm he's always been a moment away from a heart attack.
Pages: 1 2 3