Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Senior ISIS Commander is killed in a "secret" special ops raid in Syria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-comman...der-2015-5

The Washington Post reports that "Delta Force" carried out the hit.

This administration has got to stop leaking details of so called: "secretive" special ops raids to the media. It was understandable why details of the OBL raid were leaked, but it's obvious that Barry is doing this just for the sake of politics and his own legacy. It's not only wrong- it violates the OPSEC and PERSEC of many of these Operators that are involved in these missions; as well as putting their families at risk too. If there's one special ops unit that does NOT want any publicity or recognition, it's Delta. I'm sure many vets will agree with this too.

I think we should embrace the old Romanian custom and impale their heads on a pike for all of our enemies to see.. "This could be you"...
Obama's leaks are what got Seal Team 6 killed after the Bin Laden raid

Quote:I think we should embrace the old Romanian custom and impale their heads on a pike for all of our enemies to see.. "This could be you"...

Why the head? I prefer to do the whole body...alive if possible, dead...just as good.
Quote:I think we should embrace the old Romanian custom and impale their heads on a pike for all of our enemies to see.. "This could be you"...

Because the best way to prove our way of life and system of justice is superior to our enemies' is to behave as they would.
Quote:Because the best way to prove our way of life and system of justice is superior to our enemies' is to behave as they would.

Sorry, this would be a scenario where time out just wouldnt cut it..
Quote:Sorry, this would be a scenario where time out just wouldnt cut it..

Yeah, like putting a head on a pike is really going to deter ISIS.
Quote:Yeah, like putting a head on a pike is really going to deter ISIS.

And the soft approach would?

Sometimes you just gotta fight fire with fire.. I'd vote for that..
Quote:And the soft approach would?

Sometimes you just gotta fight fire with fire.. I'd vote for that..

Yeah, the hell with our dignity. 
Quote:http://www.businessinsider.com/us-comman...der-2015-5

The Washington Post reports that "Delta Force" carried out the hit.

This administration has got to stop leaking details of so called: "secretive" special ops raids to the media. It was understandable why details of the OBL raid were leaked, but it's obvious that Barry is doing this just for the sake of politics and his own legacy. It's not only wrong- it violates the OPSEC and PERSEC of many of these Operators that are involved in these missions; as well as putting their families at risk too. If there's one special ops unit that does NOT want any publicity or recognition, it's Delta. I'm sure many vets will agree with this too.

Quote:Obama's leaks are what got Seal Team 6 killed after the Bin Laden raid

I dislike President Obama just as much as the next guy.

That being said, I would hardly call an official press release a "leak" and it doesn't go into any great detail at all.  If anything, at least The President took the advice of his advisers and authorized the raid.
Quote:Yeah, the hell with our dignity.

Dignity gets thrown out the window when you're targeted for assassination because you're an American..
I'm always amused when we assume that the enemy isn't aware of all the information given in an official press release (i.e. "a leak").

Lot of tough guys out tonight. They behead ours, we put theirs on spikes. Is that how this works? Who are the barbarians? 

Quote:I'm always amused when we assume that the enemy isn't aware of all the information given in an official press release (i.e. "a leak").

Lot of tough guys out tonight. They behead ours, we put theirs on spikes. Is that how this works? Who are the barbarians?

I'll admit it, I'm a barbarian. It's time to go old school and pull out the pig grease for the bullets. Let's see how much they wanna fight when their afterlife reward is on the line.
Quote:Dignity gets thrown out the window when you're targeted for assassination because you're an American..

We're a proud nation. We're a great nation. Let's not stoop to their level. Or, I guess, we could do the same things that we hate them for?