Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New Claims ‘Murky’ Global Warming Statistics Are ‘Guessed At’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

New Claims ‘Murky’ Global Warming Statistics Are ‘Guessed At’

Some surface temperature recordings used as the basis for global warming evidence are guessed at – including in the Arctic and Antarctic.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/05/15/ne...uessed-at/

I honestly don't know if the planet is going through a man-made or natural climate change or weather(sic) or not a climate change is even taking place. However, I do feel that the data used on both sides of the argument is questionable at best.  

That said, I love your posts D.  Someone in the comment section of the article (biased or not) used the term Warmunist, and I couldn't help but crack a smile.
Man is no match for Mother Nature, and our thermometer is set by the Sun.

To illustrate the absurdity of those who think they've got it all figured out and man is to blame, look no farther than the intelligence of California's leader.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/flashb...l-cooling/

As the mantra of the activist radicals goes, let no good 'crisis' go to waste.  They always politicize problems for personal gain, regardless of what the hidden truth is.  And, just like in this instance... they aren't interested in actually solving the problem.  Instead, they use it for political gain.  Then, it was stoking fear of an inevitable ice age.  Today, it's warming (or "change" as they've had to check down to after that's been all but disproven.)

1976 was the opportunity to do something to help prevent a CA drought from happening again.  Or at least, learn enough from it to help ease the impact should it happen again.  It's now 2015: same Governor, same problem.  Not unlike Baltimore, who has been run by the same political party since the same exact year, with the city being no better off at solving its problems.

Never let anyone tell you what to think.  Educate yourself on the issues.  Otherwise, you'll just be falling in line with someone else's power hungry political agenda.  Just like they expect you to.  Just another day, just another "crisis," and the politicians are happy to be given such an "opportunity" to exploit.
Dont mind that over 90% of climate change specific scientists who publish in scientific journals think that man made problems are contributing to global warming. keep on posting links from obscure sites to push your lala land agenda  :thumbsup:

You guys clearly know more than people who devote their lives to these issues. 

Quote:Dont mind that over 90% of climate change specific scientists who publish in scientific journals think that man made problems are contributing to global warming. keep on posting links from obscure sites to push your lala land agenda  :thumbsup:

Ah, another appear to authority.

Over 90% of the astrologers believe that the positions of the planets at your birth determine what kind of day you'll have tomorrow.

No, they actually dont. I believe you are mistaking astrologists with teenage girls. Are you really that stupid? 

Quote:Dont mind that over 90% of climate change specific scientists who publish in scientific journals think that man made problems are contributing to global warming. keep on posting links from obscure sites to push your lala land agenda :thumbsup:

But this one group of scientists funded by Exxon Mobil and the Koch brother says...
Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch 

Quote:But this one group of scientists funded by Exxon Mobil and the Koch brother says...

Appeal to authority is a logical fallacy.

By these standard of reasoning, if a survey came out that 90% of scientists prefer the color blue, I should too.
Quote:Ah, another appear to authority.

Over 90% of the astrologers believe that the positions of the planets at your birth determine what kind of day you'll have tomorrow.

100% of alchemists believe that lead can be turned into gold. We should totally invest in lead immediately.
Quote:Dont mind that over 90% of climate change specific scientists who publish in scientific journals think that man made problems are contributing to global warming. keep on posting links from obscure sites to push your lala land agenda  :thumbsup:

Watch out!  You're appealing to authority, which obviously means your wrong.  I mean if 90% of doctors believe something is a tumor, you should believe it's not a tumor.  Because they're obviously wrong.
Quote:Watch out!  You're appealing to authority, which obviously means your wrong.  I mean if 90% of doctors believe something is a tumor, you should believe it's not a tumor.  Because they're obviously wrong.

And what about when cancer research proponents are lying about 90% of doctors believing its a tumor, what then? For AGCC zealots it's just more proof that their dogma is fact because #kochbrothersaresourceofallourproblems.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1000142405...2813553136

"Of the various petitions on global warming circulated for signatures by scientists, the one by the <a class="" href='http://www.petitionproject.org/'>Petition Project</a>, a group of physicists and physical chemists based in La Jolla, Calif., has by far the most signatures—more than 31,000 (more than 9,000 with a Ph.D.). It was most recently published in 2009, and most signers were added or reaffirmed since 2007. The petition states that "there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of . . . carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate.""

But Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Ooga Booga Booga.
Quote:No, they actually dont. I believe you are mistaking astrologists with teenage girls. Are you really that stupid? 

I'm pretty sure it's not teenage girls who make those charts.

If you are saying that more than 10% of Astrologers know their 'science' is phony, then you may be right. But that can also apply to Climastrologists.

One day Yellowstone will blow again, making this entire debate moot.

Quote:Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch Koch 

Make sure you are on you knees bowing at their feet when you say that

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Make sure you are on you knees bowing at their feet when you say that

[Image: giphy.gif]

I have to laugh, they don't have free rent in my head like they do you guys.