Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Michael Bennett signs contract.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People may disagree but I'd rather have Michael Bennett in the 6th over Leonard Williams at 3.

Quote:People may disagree but I'd rather have Michael Bennett in the 6th over Leonard Williams at 3.

Wow! I hope you are right
Williams brings more versatility and explosiveness, but I don't think your far off with that statement. Would help make this statement if we could have fowler on the field
Quote:People may disagree but I'd rather have Michael Bennett in the 6th over Leonard Williams at 3.

I agree with this statement. In terms of value, Bennett in the 6th is a steal
Quote:I agree with this statement. In terms of value, Bennett in the 6th is a steal

In practically every NFL Draft,  there's at least one player who drops substantially to the point that almost no one expected him to be available in the middle or even late rounds.  Michael Bennett fits this description to the nth degree.   While I had Bennett going in the 3rd Round of my 3 Round Mock Draft,  I thought he had a realistic chance of going in the 2nd Round.

In general,  there were a number of DTs that lasted much longer in the 2015 Draft than was projected by most.   Each individual case is different but it was very surprising to see the value at DT on the board in Rounds 3, 4, 5,  and 6.

He very well could wind up being the steal of this draft.  This team seems to find these guys under Caldwell. 

Welcome to the family Big Grin