Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Interesting juxtaposition on the front page of today's Florida Times-Union
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: CFCtn0EWAAASKV7.jpg]
Would've been better if the sticker were completely over the word "shooting."  :thumbsup:

I just saw this on one of the subreddits im subscribed to

pretty big subreddit so theres a decent discussion

/comments/362aei/jacksonvilles_newspaper_puts_gun_show/]http://www.reddit.com/r/[BLEEP]/comments/362aei/jacksonvilles_newspaper_puts_gun_show/

Protests coming?

The thing is, the two things are not really related to one another.

Ouch! Not good...

I read the reddit link, seems like a series of unfortunate events that lead to this very difficult decision by the times-union.

As manager, I think I would have refunded the gun show promoters, and given then a discount on the next show they were going to have.
Quote:Ouch! Not good...

I read the reddit link, seems like a series of unfortunate events that lead to this very difficult decision by the times-union.

As manager, I think I would have refunded the gun show promoters, and given then a discount on the next show they were going to have.

The problem is, that's not very good for business, especially a business headed down the path to extinction.  The organizers of the gun show probably paid top dollar to get their ad on the front page at this particular time.
Newspaper apologized next day... But dang..that was dumb.