Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who breaks out at LEO now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So who will step up between Branch, Davis, and Smith?  Will one of them rise to the occassional now that more playing time will be spread their way with the injury to Fowler?  What say you?

I want to think Branch might be able to break out after the way he played last year before the injury.  

It will most likely be Chris Clemons as the star LEO again this year unless he gets injured.

Isn't Branch in a contract year? If so, that could bode well this year for us... In theory.
As far as LEO goes, I'm thinking Smith. Branch may come around, but I see the team using him all over the place instead of just as a pass-rushing DE.

Branch has to or he is on the chopping block. Final year of his contract and has all the ability to play the position
Branch is an easy pick given his career path and contract year status.  I like Ryan Davis to see extend snaps too.

Give me 20 sacks from the 3 (clemons, branch, davis) and that's a good year IMO.
Davis and Branch are the only 2 you can really expect any sort of breakout from.

I'm been waiting to see Branch breakout since he arrived in Jacksonville.  Hopefully this will be the year! Smile

Everyone is focusing on the LEO position when the Left side of the field is more of a concern (LE Odrick will he play better than Bryant or at least as good & one thing people forget is Bryant was a strong leader on the line), SAM will Skuta perform as good as expected in Gus Bradley's defense scheme?

The right side Im not worried about Telvin Smith is only going to get better and be the star on the team's defense, Chris Clemons was great in Seattle as a LEO and had a great season last year while on the field, and if Branch can remain healthy is a good backup at LEO.

If Marks is healthy come the start of the season with the rookie & Miller competing for a starting role the line should be fine...

Quote:Davis and Branch are the only 2 you can really expect any sort of breakout from.

Agree, one if not both need to take a leap forward.

Regardless of what happens with Fowler, I'd be happy with drafting another LEO high next year, too.
I would like to see Davis get extended playtime. Interested to see how Smith does in pre-season.

I think Davis, but Branch will probably have the most opportunity.
At first, when I read title, I thought Daltry and Townsend.

Carry on.
Davis is my pick.

I think Branch is a player that excels in stunts and twist schemes.
No one. 

Quote:No one. 

Sad
Quote:Branch is an easy pick given his career path and contract year status.  I like Ryan Davis to see extend snaps too.

I was also counting on the contract year being a factor.  Davis has always been a sleeper he should get a chance in preseason to see what he has got.
I don't see Clemons breaking out as he is what he is at this stage of his career.... If he were to break out though, I think some Proactive or Clearasil should fix the problem...

A big reason they went after Fowler is that these guys are collectively marginal.  Clemmons is on the wrong side of his career for a 'break out' season.  Branch can't stay healthy, and has shown flashes with long stretches of nothing when he has been healthy.  Chris Smith was cut and put on the practice squad, and lasted over 5 weeks where any team in the league could sign him; they didn't (the Jags ultimately resigned him).  My nod would go to Ryan Davis as most likely for a breakout.     

Pages: 1 2 3