Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Draft Grades Continue to Roll in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This time from NFLNetwork's Total Access show, which rates the AFC South draft.

Our beloved Jaguars earned a B+ from Terrell Davis, who indicated based upon addressing needs, the Jaguars "knocked it out of the park."  Says TJ Yeldon is "a proven winner" and brings physicality to the run game.  Grade obviously impacted by loss of Fowler.

The loathsome and detestable divisional foes?

Tacks  A  from Solomon Wilcots

Clots D+ from Terrell Davis, who trashed the Colts selecting Dorsett in the first round, and oddly enough, for not taking a 7th round flier on La'El Collins.

Wilcots gave the Tinhorns an A, lauding them for addressing their top three needs adequately in CB, LB and WR (and I agree with him on that point, though not the final grade).

Texans deserve an A
Quote:Texans deserve an A

No... They don't.
Quote:This time from NFLNetwork's Total Access show, which rates the AFC South draft.

Our beloved Jaguars earned a B+ from Terrell Davis, who indicated based upon addressing needs, the Jaguars "knocked it out of the park." Says TJ Yeldon is "a proven winner" and brings physicality to the run game. Grade obviously impacted by loss of Fowler.

Tacks A from Solomon Wilcots

Clots D+ from Terrell Davis, who trashed the Colts selecting Dorsett in the first round, and oddly enough, for not taking a 7th round flier on La'El Collins.

Wilcots gave the Tinhorns an A, lauding them for addressing their top three needs adequately in CB, LB and WR (and I agree with him on that point, though not the final grade).

I agree with the Collins comment, I don't understand why any teams picking in the bottom 10 of the 7th didn't pick Collins,

Either he is going to sign a contract to win a super bowl and you get a massive steal

Or he refuses to sign and has to sit out a year and you stop one of your rivals from getting a massive talent for dirt cheap.

Win win
Quote:I agree with the Collins comment, I don't understand why any teams picking in the bottom 10 of the 7th didn't pick Collins,

Either he is going to sign a contract to win a super bowl and you get a massive steal

Or he refuses to sign and has to sit out a year and you stop one of your rivals from getting a massive talent for dirt cheap.

Win win

The reason they didn't draft Collins was because that would have enabled him to hold out and re-enter the draft next year, which is what he said he would do, with the hope that he would be a first round pick and get a first round contract.   It would have been a wasted draft choice.  

Since he did not get drafted, under the rules, he cannot hold out and re-enter the draft next year. 

So it would have been a wasted draft choice.

Quote:The reason they didn't draft Collins was because that would have enabled him to hold out and re-enter the draft next year, which is what he said he would do, with the hope that he would be a first round pick and get a first round contract.   It would have been a wasted draft choice.  

Since he did not get drafted, under the rules, he cannot hold out and re-enter the draft next year. 

So it would have been a wasted draft choice.
Still might have been worth calling his bluff - would he really have sat out a year? Give him the maximum for his slot and promise a big front-loaded second contract and he might have ended up playing for the team that drafted him.
If we got an F but showed wins on the field, I would take it.

Quote:This time from NFLNetwork's Total Access show, which rates the AFC South draft.

Our beloved Jaguars earned a B+ from Terrell Davis, who indicated based upon addressing needs, the Jaguars "knocked it out of the park."  Says TJ Yeldon is "a proven winner" and brings physicality to the run game.  Grade obviously impacted by loss of Fowler.

Tacks  A  from Solomon Wilcots

I dont think its fair to give the Jaguars a lower grade because of Fowler's injury, because if he passed the physical prior to the drill there is really nothing that wouldve allowed GM Dave Caldwell to know about the torn ACL other than a call to Mrs Cleo!